Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Purchased a wii, and now i need games. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109643)

sticklydude 06-15-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Purchased a wii, and now i need games.

good choices

also, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Super paper mario

They are funn :D

Squeek 06-15-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluguerrilla (Post 3106630)
I still haven't played Tales of Symphonia but I'm guessing a lack of endorsement from Squeek implies it wasn't up to snuff. :P

It was so laughably bad that I can't even recommend it to diehard fans.

The only reason I didn't say anything about it is because it's a lesser-known game so I doubt most people even know about the franchise to care. Red Steel and Mario Kart are big names and there's a draw to those games, so I can warn him about those.

alster1 06-15-2009 05:41 PM

Get Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess, two of the best games I have ever played, and if you don't mind crappy graphics get Dead Rising Chop Til' You Drop. It got semi low reviews, but it's a really fun free roaming game.

xealix 06-15-2009 06:31 PM

oh yeah i love the tales of series im a huge RPG gamer. I did however just buy No More Heroes and i know that you said to stay away from Red Steel but that came with it so i figured "hey its still 2 games for the price of one". I also bought Klonoa, because i have heard that its pretty good, and i remember the old one from a long time ago. So i now own 4 wii titles. Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Klonoa, and Red Steel (which i was recomended not to get but got it free with No More Heroes).

DarkManticoreX2 06-15-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3107402)
oh yeah i love the tales of series im a huge RPG gamer.

If you like RPG games like Zelda I would Highly recommend Okami. A friend recommended it to me and I was pretty wary of it at first, but it's a great game. Totally worth the money.

I also would recommend Metriod Prime 3 as it's the end of the Phazon Chronicles and is better than Echos was.

To be honest I liked the Wii's Tales Of Symphonia game. The whole monster pact thing was entertaining even though the main character was wimpy. I would recommend a guide for everything monster related though because the game doesn't really teach you much there. The battle system seems a lot better then the first Tales game though. (I started playing the original Tales game Based off my experience with the Wii one)

xealix 06-15-2009 07:21 PM

I would get Legend Of Zelda but i already own it for Gamecube and i just dont feel like buying it again just for the wii controls and inverted dungeons. It was a very amazing game however i didn't quite like how it ended it just didnt seem like a full enough ending to me.

DarkManticoreX2 06-15-2009 07:24 PM

I actually meant If you like the way Zelda plays you'll like Okami

They're similar games.

xealix 06-15-2009 07:30 PM

Oh forgot to say that i have beaten Okami on PS2 that was also a very good game. I would like suggestions of games like those, but i dont know how many there are for wii since i havent been a nintendo gamer for about a year other then my DS.

Turboyoshi 06-15-2009 07:51 PM

Metroid Prime Corruption, NOW

xealix 06-16-2009 03:30 PM

I never beat the other two so if there is no sequential order then sure. I tried to buy zach and wiki but nowhere had a copy :[

DarkManticoreX2 06-16-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xealix (Post 3108112)
I never beat the other two so if there is no sequential order then sure. I tried to buy zach and wiki but nowhere had a copy :[

If you haven't played any of the primes yet wait a bit. I heard that they're coming out with all three gc/wii metriod games in a pack or on the same disk later this year or next year.

xealix 06-17-2009 01:58 AM

yeah i think i heard that. i believe its holiday 2009.

hardboiledovaries 06-17-2009 09:41 PM

don't actually buy wii games, rent them and save money for new stuff (metroid: other m, super mario galaxy 2, super mario bros. wii, resident evil darkside chronicles)

or you could always just mod your wii

CosmicRain 06-17-2009 10:18 PM

1) Super Smash Bros Brawl - Definitely the must-have game, it never gets boring, and it adventure mode is just amazing (10/10)

2) Wii Play - see Flaming_Dingleberry's response (8/10)

3) Mario Kart Wii - I can't tell why people dislike this game, but I personally find it fun. Like blu said, it can be annoying at times (stupid blue shells!!!), but it is fun to run over people while big, the graphics are pretty awesome (I know people are going to disagree with this), pummeling people on wi-fi never gets old, and the bikes are a great addition to the game. It is missing a few modes, like mission mode, and the free for all in balloon battle (bummer...), but overall, it is an amazing game (9/10)

xealix 06-19-2009 04:16 PM

well i played mario cart and decided its not that bad if i use GC controler. i wasnt a fan of the motion control.

xealix 06-20-2009 02:44 AM

I know i shouldnt double post but i bought brawl, and if anyone who reads this wants to give me their friend code that would be awesome.

Heartseeker7 06-20-2009 10:21 AM

I bought paper mario 5 minutes after it was released, spent the next 36 hours trying to 100% the game.
Good game none the less.
The new Tenchu: Assassins game is good too.
I also recommend Geometry Wars: Galaxies, I have spent soooooo much time in that game, and it never gets boring.