Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   SM Solo Scores (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=70663)

ggsnipes 03-11-2016 09:14 AM

Re: SM Solo Scores

nice shind bad 1.1

overdue af

AAble when no one in the house is asleep

biggest choke 2k16, held AA till the last stream.

shenjoku 03-11-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsnipes (Post 4415187)
AAble when no one in the house is asleep

This made me lol. This is how I feel at work sometimes haha. Worried about making too much noise if people are working through lunch so I do shit on everything.

October Scream 03-11-2016 12:38 PM

I usually play around 11 PM to 1 or 2 AM, which is when everyone is asleep lol

choof 03-11-2016 02:26 PM

hey october
I haven't AA'd neko to switch yet

October Scream 03-11-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4415252)
hey october
I haven't AA'd neko to switch yet

But you did a lot more shit better than me still. I'm a pleb and you've played longer than me.

But now that I'm back from running around with my head chopped off all morning, here's my last night scores.

I tried 1.1 then 1.2 because I was looking for something to rate.

Really didn't like how I clenched, but the play before was only an A so it's the improved score I guess.

2 words: Screw Protosphere.

This score shows my problem with coordinating both hands with jacks at the same time at certain speeds .-.

choof 03-11-2016 03:41 PM

eh

Gundam-Dude 03-11-2016 04:37 PM

october can you try miracle matter? I'm actually legit curious how you'd score on it

October Scream 03-11-2016 05:00 PM

Last time I played Miracle Matter I got A i think, but that was in January. I'll see what I can get next time I play

kommisar 03-11-2016 05:12 PM

so my sm3.95 setup was bs so i'm starting fresh now that sm5 works well (thx madmatt)

I've got a lot of work to do

choof 03-11-2016 05:36 PM

chris I will never beat your scores, partially because my MA won't ever be as good but mostly because I don't unironically enjoy japan

choof 03-11-2016 08:37 PM

anusbox

October Scream 03-12-2016 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4415266)
october can you try miracle matter? I'm actually legit curious how you'd score on it

I was really tired. I have an audition in about 10 hours and I only played Stepmania for about an hour or two, tried staying around an hour though. I didn't get many warm ups done, but I did get some good plays.

I feel closer to AA'ing this.

Was hoping for a FC first play on this, but nope.

And finally, improvement.

ggsnipes 03-12-2016 01:57 AM

asdf

also use shuffle for blue traces if required, some of the patterns are just bleh

October Scream 03-12-2016 02:02 AM

I don't know why, but I always felt like shuffle in Stepmania was either A) Shitty or B) Not really able to be counted as an official play in my book. Somehow I am completely fine if I shuffle in LR2 or o2jam, but solo or singles nooooooooo.
It also helps with my bracket skills using non-shuffle.

choof 03-12-2016 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October Scream (Post 4415353)
I don't know why, but I always felt like shuffle in Stepmania was either A) Shitty or B) Not really able to be counted as an official play in my book

get good

October Scream 03-12-2016 02:47 AM

I didn't say I can't play shuffle :v Just said the patterns feel bad. I feel like it's only because unlike 7 keys, there isn't much that 6 keys can rearrange itself into. I could possibly get AA easy on Blue Traces if I use shuffle, but it's just gonna feel awkward from the way it is usually charted.

choof 03-12-2016 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October Scream (Post 4415356)
I didn't say I can't play shuffle :v Just said the patterns feel bad. I feel like it's only because unlike 7 keys, there isn't much that 6 keys can rearrange itself into.

there is exactly one column less
it might be due to how harder solo charts are made; they're made to feel like bms charts so when you play them on shuffle, you're just thrown off by having one less column

idk, I'm of the opinion that shuffle is a good thin, since it gets rid of part of the muscle memory associated with charts

October Scream 03-12-2016 03:05 AM

Well yeah I do like shuffle for that. It's a good reading improver and makes sure your fingers are ready to move for anything and not just what you've practiced for, but then at the same time shuffle will give you either easier than Air or harder than Leonids, which is where I've been with all games that use it.

The main reason I try to not play shuffle is so that for comparison of scores and such, competitive, dickwagging etc., all that stuff and whatever anyone wants to call it, it gives a better idea of what a person is able to do like others and not leaving you clueless on "was their shuffle easy or hard?" I have tons of shuffle plays on solo already, but I have not gotten a screenshot of any of them because of that reason.

Cerise79 03-12-2016 09:17 AM

yeah i think ure already solord actually

choof 03-12-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October Scream (Post 4415359)
The main reason I try to not play shuffle is so that for comparison of scores and such, competitive, dickwagging etc., all that stuff and whatever anyone wants to call it, it gives a better idea of what a person is able to do like others and not leaving you clueless on "was their shuffle easy or hard?" I have tons of shuffle plays on solo already, but I have not gotten a screenshot of any of them because of that reason.

if this is the case, then every single score you have ever gotten on bms using shuffle is a bullshit score

if you're using shuffle to pass charts, then you're probably already at a skill level high enough where to the normal player, hitting [1236][45] repeatedly at 180 bpm is roughly the same as hitting [1345][26].