Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   osu! - Rhythm is just a click away! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120215)

Herogashix 08-29-2014 01:54 AM

Re: osu! - Rhythm is just a click away!

lurker 08-29-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4190330)
Stepmania is doing something right

lmfao

KuroRIP 08-29-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4189943)
peppy's "solution" of making chart-only downloads so that people have to get the songs themselves seems piss-poor (and just encourages piracy anyway which defeats the point)

I agree. This is one of the few problems osu! has and it does not seem like peppy is doing anything to make things right. He will probably end up doing what he did when he got hit with a DMCA from Skrillex management. Basically removing DMCA contents out of his website and then telling people to download the beatmap packs if they want to download maps hit with DMCA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4190330)
If anything actually that's evidence that Stepmania is doing something right by doing these great big pack downloads where those are less likely to get hit with a DMCA.

Stepmania is not doing anything right either. They also have copyrighted music and anyone can still download them if they choose to. The way Stepmania does downloads may indeed reduce the chances of them getting hit with a DMCA however, it is not a solution.

Now, I do not know the full history of Stepmania however, if SM actually never once got hit by DMCA, Stepmania will not get their shit together. This is mainly because most (if not nearly all) of the community thinks that they are either invincible to DMCA or that no one would notice or care enough to bother because the community is small and the game is practically dying.

The community are still making packs and allowing people to step whatever music they want openly.

KuroRIP 08-29-2014 11:38 PM

Double post (not like this thread is active anyways)

If anyone cares, here is a list of my recent osu scores since last score post. I will not comment them because I am lazy.

Except this one. This was fail score of the day.

Bonus:

Xozel 09-2-2014 09:37 PM

why me

also on a happier note:

first 370+pp score whee

choof 09-14-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocille (Post 4185223)
Though, I wouldn't put SM and osu! in the same field in terms of mapping/charting stuff.. they are both completely different. The only thing you would get from SM to transfer to osu! is editing the offset/syncing the song.

It's much harder and in terms of creativity... let's just say it's ten steps higher than FFR/SM 4/6k.

I would also say the judging system is super strict in terms of ranking maps now cause there are a lot of bad maps that get ranked and...... yeah a lot of players get angry at the BATs for ranking a certain map.

for osu, yeah. for o!m, not at all.

choof 09-14-2014 06:32 PM

i think it's dumb as fuck that you're required to use hitsounds to get a chart ranked but o well

i'm gonna try to get cold heart ranked lmao

rCaliberGX 09-15-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4200606)
i think it's dumb as fuck that you're required to use hitsounds to get a chart ranked but o well

i'm gonna try to get cold heart ranked lmao

good luck actually getting people to mod something that isn't from japan

choof 09-15-2014 01:40 AM

how do you say "cold heart" in japan

Zyphoror 09-15-2014 01:45 AM

samui kokoro lol

KuroRIP 09-29-2014 03:31 PM

今日は~
お久しぶりですwww

~ scores~

First B!

Awesome combo!

Herogashix 11-16-2014 02:03 PM

ahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHH

Rapta 01-24-2016 01:33 PM

I started plahying Osu!mania yesterday and I want to see how good of a rank I can get. The multiplayer there is really fun! I started playing Osu!mania yesterday and now I am almost in the 1000's.