Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anime North -2016- Hype Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=141947)

dAnceguy117 05-19-2016 11:04 PM

Re: Anime North -2016- Hype Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4433059)

tl;dw - 2012, Stian throws a rock past a lake, Austin nosebleed

this video was probably the biggest reason why I made the trip in 2013 despite not knowing anyone but Kommi, so <3

Wineandbread 05-19-2016 11:59 PM

Hey not that anyone cares but I'll be in Toronto by bus ~12:30pm on Friday

hype

kommisar 05-20-2016 03:52 PM

xiao and I were talking about AN as a con the other night

we agreed that renting a venue and having our own party of drinking and rhythm games meeting up with people would make a better con than AN lmao.

cuz like AN itself is -ok- in terms of what the con itself has to offer. but really 90% of the reason I visit every year is for the people. if we ever became severely uninterested in attending AN further down the road having a giant sleepover would be another good option.

also rachel is adam coming with you?

xXOpkillerXx 05-20-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4433169)

we agreed that renting a venue and having our own party of drinking and rhythm games meeting up with people would make a better con than AN lmao.

cuz like AN itself is -ok- in terms of what the con itself has to offer. but really 90% of the reason I visit every year is for the people. if we ever became severely uninterested in attending AN further down the road having a giant sleepover would be another good option.

I'd so definitely drive to your place just to hang out esti <3

Kraezymann 05-20-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

That's kinda like what the ddrcanada conferences were. A weekend in a different province twice a year solely for IIDX/DDR/ITG and eating/drinking/exploring.

I gotta get out east

Gundam-Dude 05-20-2016 04:22 PM

having attended AN every year since 2008, the con itself is really boring and uneventful for me personally—AN has no redeeming qualities for me at this point.

I only go because it's the one time in the year where I get to hang with online and irl buddies all at once.

idk if I'll end up going next year, but it's basically dependent on who actually goes.

Dynam0 05-20-2016 04:26 PM

FFR North 2017 coming to a hotel near you~

MarioNintendo 05-20-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4433172)
having attended AN every year since 2008, the con itself is really boring and uneventful for me personally—AN has no redeeming qualities for me at this point.

I only go because it's the one time in the year where I get to hang with online and irl buddies all at once.

idk if I'll end up going next year, but it's basically dependent on who actually goes.

this man gets it

MarioNintendo 05-20-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

this is literally my dream at this point

kommisar 05-20-2016 05:55 PM

realtalk once I get a big enough place in halifax you're all invited for like 4-5 days of shenanigans, booze, the atlantic ocean. exploring, donairs and the best food the east coast can offer.

payette viens nous visiter l'été prochain~

xXOpkillerXx 05-20-2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 4433184)
realtalk once I get a big enough place in halifax you're all invited for like 4-5 days of shenanigans, booze, the atlantic ocean. exploring, donairs and the best food the east coast can offer.

payette viens nous visiter l'été prochain~

Dis dememe jpeux pas vrmt refuser~ hahaha very down for that! I can always find a way to have time for those things so I could already confirm but that's still pretty far lol. *saves a spot in summer 2017 for kommi*

T-Force 05-20-2016 06:29 PM

Reminder: Film a game or two of Dutch Blitz.. especially is Smartdude is playing.
Or, you all could (and should) stop by our hotel room at some point and watch/play with us. It's a crazy fun card game!
(or as tall Chris calls it: Battle Solitaire)

mellonxcollie 05-20-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

We are trying to work that out right now. if everything works out, yes he will. Also a Halifax party sounds MEGA legit... I love the East coast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4433172)

Same. I had fun when I used to go in high school but the con has been in a steady decline since my first in 2006. There are a lot of other conventions that are a lot more fun. But, it's my local con and I like to see my friends so that is it's one redeeming quality. I just really hate the location, walking to and from hotels just kills it for me. and the lack of a real arcade </3

Honestly if we could work it out I think it would be super cool to make Magfest the con that everyone from FFR goes to. I know there are a bunch of us who have gone already. It is not just a game convention but also a music convention... two interests that everyone from FFR will have in common. Just some food for thought for those who are travelling to get to AN

dAnceguy117 05-20-2016 08:49 PM

I'd totes be up for switching up the game for 2017, even if only for a year or somethin'

I mean I went to a furry convention and it was pretty amazing JUST SAYIN

but in all seriousness, I go where the people are.

I mean I really like anime at this point (very different from where I was at in 2013), but AN panels are mostly just a "well I'm here, and I bought this pass, might as well" kind of thing for me.

would go wherever ppl are @, whether that's a con or the roof of someone's school building or idk

mellonxcollie 05-20-2016 09:18 PM

MAGFest is awesome because:

24 hour arcade that has most things you'd want. Multiples of pop'n, iidx, sound voltex, para para paradise (THERE WERE THREE THIS YEAR) and pretty much everything else. Everything is on free play and honestly I could spend the entire con in the arcade. Getting drunk and then going to play rhythm games at 3 AM is an awesome experience.

It's at the most ballin venue ever. It's a swanky hotel that is built just to have conventions... there is basically a little mini-village at the bottom of the hotel, and everything else you'd need (except cigarettes and hard liquor - buy those first if you want them and go to MAG) is available within a 5-minute walk of the hotel. There are many restaurants, a CVS, a little grocery store that has beer and wine and basic groceries, and some cute little tourist-y shops.

Super awesome musical guests. There is a designated chiptune space and they usually get really cool chip and non-chip guests. One of my best convention moments ever was seeing a composer for Katamari Damacy (Yuu Miyake) do a DJ set, with a friend of mine whose favourite game is also Katamari! We had a blast dancing and freaking out... it was just an awesome moment. Another awesome moment was seeing Chipzel at MAG, as she is a chiptune idol of mine

anyway....... Anime North will be fun too ^^ it's the people who make the biggest difference honestly. BUT Mag is fucking amazing, honestly I will never miss it again if I can avoid it

xXOpkillerXx 05-20-2016 09:38 PM

Nice triple post Pete, triple Hype !!

T-Force 05-20-2016 09:57 PM

Pete's got his TWG mind going.

Tyson ultima 05-21-2016 01:01 AM

kind of grown tired of conventions in general over here, but if I had to do one in Canada after this I'd do Otakuthon. It was probably as legit as I could want from a convention.

DarknessXoXLight 05-21-2016 01:24 AM

lol acen hype

kommisar 05-21-2016 06:53 AM

not gonna lie magfest is pretty much the party festival we want