Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   League of Legends (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114327)

FFR4EVA_00 09-22-2011 06:40 PM

Re: League of Legends

is there a reason nobody but me picks rammus in dominion

pmonibuv1 09-22-2011 06:47 PM

Lawl. Thanks to Dominion, I can now play Chogath and memorized a build after 2 plays. \o/

skyfox_ 09-22-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 (Post 3540554)
is there a reason nobody but me picks rammus in dominion

every single match i played had a rammus in it ..>.>

Singed is <3.

yall should add me or something.

ign: Mamizou

hi19hi19 09-22-2011 07:48 PM

What I'm getting from watching Dominion streams is that all the tanky types that own on Twisted Treeline (Mundo, Tryndamere) are pretty useful in Dominion too, furthermore any champ that's reasonably sturdy and has a move speed buff is godmode for capping points (Karma, Rammus, Yi).

Kibblre 09-22-2011 08:01 PM

Dominion:

Akali
Jax
Teemo
Rammus
Singed

FFR4EVA_00 09-22-2011 09:04 PM

akali and singed
you're funny
what about ****ing KOGMAW and GANGPLANK

FFRGreen 09-22-2011 09:14 PM

Don't play Ryze at all on Dominion he sucks.

I don't really like Dominion not my thing and its kind of boring for me.

FFR4EVA_00 09-22-2011 10:40 PM

it's too bad kbo is down because then i'd get to see roar say that in glorious EU land dominion is only for ******s who love playing nothing but [insert completely unviable champ here]

icontrolyourworld 09-22-2011 11:04 PM

cho'gath is full of rape when you know how to play as him B)

ELRayford 09-22-2011 11:06 PM

Anyone tested out Irelia on dominion ;)

FFR4EVA_00 09-22-2011 11:11 PM

looks like one of the worse melee picks out there

Xx DarkLink xX 09-22-2011 11:20 PM

Claws or spear, your end is the same. -Nidalee :)

ELRayford 09-22-2011 11:22 PM

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...by-chaox-87515 I play by this build for the most part. I do pretty well against any other champ as long as I build towards their strengths. Going to be very nice not needing the G+5's as much anymore. I have been to busy to play for last few weeks. Def going to test it out this weekend.

FFRGreen 09-23-2011 12:05 AM

I just played with a irelia in Dominion and I think it works out well.

pmonibuv1 09-23-2011 07:06 AM

Chogath! Chogath! Chogath! Chogath!

vantilburg 09-23-2011 11:58 AM

Gangplank and Karthus are good for using their global ults and getting people off the turret for a few seconds (invaluable in Dominion)

Teemo is not nearly as good as I thought at stealing turrets, but he's still pretty viable for his movequick and dot providing even more bitchiness

Rammus es #1 for capturing the top point in the beginning, which leads to a steady early game

Kog'maw lol

Basically any tanky dps midgame champ like nasus, xin, talon, and tryn to some extent works pretty well

Kibblre 09-23-2011 02:48 PM

Taric is an asshole

Reach 09-23-2011 06:39 PM

Just played 4 games for the first time tonight. Went 1-1 as Nocturne and 3-0 as Singed.

Super fun. Love the mode.

I even saw some unexpected champions doing really well, e.g. Ashe and Caitlyn. Seems like there's going to be a lot of strategy to develop.

Q: Boots of mobility or swiftness?

bluguerrilla 09-23-2011 06:45 PM

Got so carried but whatever. So much goddamn fun! Was a 150 point comeback by us. :D

hi19hi19 09-23-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3541002)
Q: Boots of mobility or swiftness?

Rolling Rammus with Boots of Noobility and the speed buff is the most obnoxious ninja-capper ever. Seen that build dominating pretty hard on streams if Rammus actually goes unbanned.

FFR4EVA_00 09-23-2011 09:00 PM

dominion is gay and you're gay for enjoying it

icontrolyourworld 09-24-2011 03:01 AM

I've been playing for 3 days and I already rape the shit out of this game xD

of course it's just against the comps though, but whatever xD

stargroup100 09-24-2011 03:44 AM

lmao

ryze building ap glass cannon, ashe with no damage, cho with no damage, trundle with at least a SORT of bad build, soraka so squishy, and 3 of them don't even have upgraded boots

I'm not surprised a trinity force cho'gath could rape them all lmao

edit: wait a minute, that can't be a normal game against other players. what the hell?

hi19hi19 09-24-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 3541195)
lmao

ryze building ap glass cannon, ashe with no damage, cho with no damage, trundle with at least a SORT of bad build, soraka so squishy, and 3 of them don't even have upgraded boots

I'm not surprised a trinity force cho'gath could rape them all lmao

edit: wait a minute, that can't be a normal game against other players. what the hell?

Yeah somehow each player's name is the same as their champ, what's the chance of that!?
Oh wait it's vs bots genius :)

Anyway Cho laning with Brand is a little odd 0_o

Anyway I should start playing LoL for reals again...

stargroup100 09-24-2011 04:56 AM

OH I read "normal" on the screenshot so at first I assumed it was against players

but still, I thought bots built better than that :/

MinaciousGrace 09-24-2011 07:15 AM

whoa back off irelia

shes mine ok

mine

ps. beginner mode and intermediate bots have different builds

pps. caitlyn is ****ing op on dominion oh my ****ing god

Reach 09-24-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 3541188)
I've been playing for 3 days and I already rape the shit out of this game xD

of course it's just against the comps though, but whatever xD

Nice.

Some tips though:

Don't use heal. It's almost always a horrible ability. Tele can be good, but use Flash as soon as it's available, and ignite works well on Cho.

Don't build boots of swiftness. Mercs or Ninjas work better on Cho.

Also, Frozen Heart is a great choice on Cho, so always get that, but you need Banshees or Thornmail. Also, consider Force of Nature if you need more magic resist and regen.

Build a Deathcap instead of Trinity force or Bloodzrazorfor your DPS, which isn't necessary; you'll do much better.

Also consider Randuins or Guardian Angel to finish off his build. It'll make him an absolute god with 6 stacks on his ult. You'll be nearly impossible to kill and can just stand in front of your team during team fights and crowd control with Rupture, which will make you incredibly hard to initiate against (many teams will mistakenly focus you because of your size, resulting in their annihilation).

Snowcrafta 09-24-2011 11:05 AM

Haven't had a chance o play dominion yet, but I've been hearing it's basically just Arathi Basin wth LoL characters. My only fear is that it's going to make everyone an armchair commander. I'm willing to bet that within a month of it coming out, there's always going to be at least one person who says

"Fight on the flags, not the road"
or
"Get 3 bases and hold them"

Every. Single. Game.

(tswizzlewizzle if you want to add me on LoL)

Wineandbread 09-24-2011 11:17 AM

snowcrafta

outta ****ing

nowhere

stargroup100 09-24-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcrafta (Post 3541268)
Haven't had a chance o play dominion yet, but I've been hearing it's basically just Arathi Basin wth LoL characters.

YEP

I have the same concern as you

FFR4EVA_00 09-24-2011 11:55 AM

dominion is a ****ing scam

Snowcrafta 09-24-2011 12:01 PM

After Dominion comes out, in 6 months we'll have "Assault", where you must capture the treasure kept in the opposing team's base and transport it safely to your base.

Then it'll be "Conquest", where it'll feature all new 10 vs 10 gameplay. You're going to push between top and bottom, much like regular, and you'll get improved spawning points the farther you push. You can recapture spawn points from your enemy though.

FInally they'll introduce "Colluseum", where all characters will have highly improved amounts of health. They'll be pitted against eachother in the ring of battle in teams of 2, 3 or 5, and it will be a "Last team standing" style of play.

Then they'll run out of WoW ideas they can copy and ultimately we'll just be stuck with the PvP scene in WoW all over again

All_That_Chaz 09-24-2011 12:15 PM

Oh Snowcrafer you're so mad.

Snowcrafta 09-24-2011 01:26 PM

They could get creative and come out with League of Legends: Seige. You will get a choice of up to 5 LoL characters in your arsenal, and your goal will be to launch them from a giant slingshot. The objective is to destroy the base of the level using as few champions as possible.

stargroup100 09-24-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcrafta (Post 3541314)
They could get creative and come out with League of Legends: Seige. You will get a choice of up to 5 LoL characters in your arsenal, and your goal will be to launch them from a giant slingshot. The objective is to destroy the base of the level using as few champions as possible.

LOL

<3

icontrolyourworld 09-25-2011 12:00 AM

LoL capture the flag sounds awesome
and @reach thanks for the tips :D

pmonibuv1 09-25-2011 12:03 AM

Hai Icy. :3

FFRGreen 09-25-2011 12:20 AM

Just played some AD Jungle Kassadin and it works out pretty well but jungling is kind of slow.

hi19hi19 09-25-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 3541259)
Build a Deathcap instead of Trinity force or Bloodzrazorfor your DPS, which isn't necessary; you'll do much better.

no love for abyssal scepter?

also as far as I can tell atmas is a good option over thornmail if you're dominating already and want to kill shit even faster, which tends to happen a lot vs. beginner bots >_>

EDIT- I'd laugh at WoW style raiding in LoL, 25 people pressing their 4 buttons really hard... actually that'd just be a lot like WoW raiding nvm

The5thMoon 09-25-2011 04:47 AM

I just started playing so add me if you would like, Username is FifthTheMoon

Xayphon 09-25-2011 06:09 AM

Just started, too

Xayphuu - Xayphuu [no alts yet]

MinaciousGrace 09-25-2011 06:11 AM

bot ai can be abused to infinitely suicide them into inhib turrets while rushing stax so yea bots lolololol

skyfox_ 09-25-2011 06:37 AM

teachmehaotomakebotsderp.

MinaciousGrace 09-25-2011 07:31 AM

stand at blue tribush at bottom
poke your head out when bots are coming down at aroud 1:50
bot see u!!! try kill!!!!
follow u like duckling!!!
proceed to walk to tower of choice
get double kill
walk back before they respawn and run 2 lane
repeat

bonus points for taking teleport and buying a ward and buying stacks midway through

Reach 09-25-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3541714)
no love for abyssal scepter?

also as far as I can tell atmas is a good option over thornmail if you're dominating already and want to kill shit even faster, which tends to happen a lot vs. beginner bots >_>

EDIT- I'd laugh at WoW style raiding in LoL, 25 people pressing their 4 buttons really hard... actually that'd just be a lot like WoW raiding nvm

Abyssal scepter is great on Cho.

Was trying to keep it at least relatively simple, since he's new >_>

Also beginner bots are horrible to the point of hilarity but intermediate bots cheat and are a relative nuance mid game because of their enhanced stats. It's also especially annoying because worse players usually seem to play vs them and can't team fight to save their life.

I was one intermediate the other day as a fed nocturne at like 18-0 and then started dying constantly in the mid game because our two tanks would play defensively in team fights and run the moment the computer pushed, causing me to take the ryze nuke...and then of course after I was dead they all ran in, tried to focus Shen and got wrecked. Got fed up and had to back door it >_> Me: 'ffs cho just stand in front of me and take the nuke, I can drop ryze and fortune in less than 5 seconds. you're a tank. don't run behind me, let me die and then run back in' Cho: 'lol wtf? stfu noob you died first, i was running to avoid ryze but you ran in so I had to try to avenge you'

stargroup100 09-25-2011 11:33 AM

I've noticed that with cho my build depends on how good the enemy team is

if I'm carrying, I go full caster

if my team isn't doing too well, tanky ap

if my team is doing enough damage, full tank

bluguerrilla 09-25-2011 03:37 PM

Still undefeated. Wrecked faces with AD Rammus.

Oh neat if you're in the top 3 it says so in your match history.

FFR4EVA_00 09-25-2011 06:33 PM

i was going pure tank
damnit i should try that but i don't want to play that hella bad dominion again

ELRayford 09-25-2011 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally tried Dominion today as Irelia. First round was all noobs and was a loss. Next 4 we won. Whole lotta diving went down. Got boring after last round. Was some quick XP/IP though. Finally lvl 20, 10 more to go xD

On a side note I decided to test out Anivia (cause ya know birds tha word and all) below is the results lol bots.

Wineandbread 09-26-2011 01:31 AM

Kennen is pretty damn strong with a little spell vamp

FFRGreen 09-26-2011 09:57 AM

Dominion is now available

FFR4EVA_00 09-26-2011 12:34 PM

game officially sucks huge dick

FFRGreen 09-26-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 (Post 3542474)
game officially sucks huge dick

You mean Dominion? If so I hate it as much as you do.

_Stepdude_ 09-26-2011 08:16 PM

Played some Dominion today.

Felt niiiiiice

Almost won with 400points in 10 min.. Don't have to mention that we owned 'em pretty gewd

welsh_girl 09-27-2011 03:33 AM

Just signed up, can't play it until later though, my username is, FamoFunk.

lumphoboextreme 09-27-2011 04:03 AM

You guys can all add me on there too. Need someone to help me get better. Username is lolhotdogz.

MaxGhost 09-27-2011 11:45 AM

Dominion is pretty great imho, but some champs are OP (GP/Rammus/Heimer to name a few).

stargroup100 09-27-2011 12:20 PM

why do people keep thinking that heimer is good on this map

I main heimer and I think he's trash

phe0nixblade 09-27-2011 12:27 PM

yeah heimer is pretty shit on this map, he hasnt done anything to stop me lol

phe0nixblade 09-27-2011 12:28 PM

ps: sure dominion is new and fun and all but im still gonna stick to SR for my main game

bluguerrilla 09-27-2011 03:13 PM

Tank heimer can defend a turret like a boss.

masterhickle 09-27-2011 05:55 PM

Why does Miss Fortune suddenly seem to be so popular?

Edit: Oh, free week.

xferrarix 09-27-2011 06:58 PM

hey at least it's not blitzcrank or caitlyn

god those 2 are the gayest to go free for even a week

skyfox_ 09-27-2011 09:26 PM

wanna know whats worse?

Rammus being free for a week

stargroup100 09-28-2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluguerrilla (Post 3543008)
Tank heimer can defend a turret like a boss.

yeah until he dies

tank heimer is probably in most cases worse than regular caster heimer because he does so little damage he can't peel the champions off the tower before they kill him

MinaciousGrace 09-28-2011 07:54 AM

stateside in abt 30 hrs *\o/*

All_That_Chaz 09-28-2011 02:49 PM

By "caster heimer" do you mean support casting heimer? Because I couldn't imagine building him any other way. Going like:

Tear of the Goddess (upgraded to Arch's Staff later)
Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Abyssal Scepter
Will of the Ancients

That way I give my allies three helpful auras (2 items plus passive). I throw up QQRW, maybe an E before I Zhonya's and watch my allies destroy everything.

pmonibuv1 09-28-2011 03:11 PM

Pr0 discussion.

hi19hi19 09-28-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3543506)
By "caster heimer" do you mean support casting heimer? Because I couldn't imagine building him any other way. Going like:

Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Abyssal Scepter
Will of the Ancients

That way I give my allies three helpful auras (2 items plus passive). I throw up QQRW, maybe an E before I Zhonya's and watch my allies destroy everything.

No I'm pretty sure Stargroup means full AP carry Heimer.

Bufang the second never supports, always carries 8)

All_That_Chaz 09-28-2011 04:24 PM

I can't say I've ever tried full AP Heim but I imagine it would be pretty bad >.>

Why wouldn't you just use Annie or Anivia or something?

xferrarix 09-28-2011 09:15 PM

why did anyone even say tank heimer

ap heimer makes sense or hybrid.. but tank? he has almost no way of supporting except by his stun and turret slows via ult if you were building him as a tank. plus his movement speed is beyond slow. it'd be useless imo since his stun has to be aimed perfectly or it's a fail 50% of the time. but going AP heim is i think what everyone does to begin with, hybrid would be eh because why would you need to autoattack as heim besides to finish off an enemy champion, to hit a turret, or farm? i think heim's ap (saying ap as in an ap heim build) turrets do fine at taking down turrets.

stargroup100 09-29-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xferrarix (Post 3543856)
why did anyone even say tank heimer

ap heimer makes sense or hybrid.. but tank? he has almost no way of supporting except by his stun and turret slows via ult if you were building him as a tank. plus his movement speed is beyond slow. it'd be useless imo since his stun has to be aimed perfectly or it's a fail 50% of the time. but going AP heim is i think what everyone does to begin with, hybrid would be eh because why would you need to autoattack as heim besides to finish off an enemy champion, to hit a turret, or farm? i think heim's ap (saying ap as in an ap heim build) turrets do fine at taking down turrets.

hybrid blows because then you have neither good physical damage or good magic damage. just go straight ap

actually I went full tank heimer ONCE because I had to do a situational build in order to help our team win. we did end up winning, but it was a very very peculiar case

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3543582)
I can't say I've ever tried full AP Heim but I imagine it would be pretty bad >.>

Why wouldn't you just use Annie or Anivia or something?

heimer is a situational pick. his burst isn't as high or reliable as annie or anivia but he has other advantages. annie for instance, cannot deal sustained dps once her burst is gone. anivia can to an extent, but her extent in that regard is limited. heimer has both burst and sustained dps, can harass really really hard, and can zone really well

I'll send some of my best replays if you're curious

Quote:

Sorc Shoes
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Abyssal Scepter
Will of the Ancients

yeah that's some junsupport build but I think it's stupid

doran ring x2 OR doran ring/chalice of harmony
sorc shoes/deathcap
hourglass
rylai/void staff

alternative tankier build for situational cases is

doran ring/catalyst
sorc shoes/haunting guise
rod of ages
void staff

I almost never grab archangel's because it costs way too much for very little power, and I don't need the mana

bluguerrilla 09-29-2011 03:08 PM

The reason I said tank heimer was because I was talking about Dominion and there are a lot of full ad teams, which he can defend against for a long enough time at a control point with a tanky build, otherwise you may die too quickly. Not saying it's the best but I've seen it work very well.

All_That_Chaz 09-29-2011 03:35 PM

I rarely if ever get the tear up to an arch staff because it's hardly ever worth the 1860 to heim, but I still like tear. But I suppose I probably should look for alternative mana items if I'm not after the staff. I guess I'm just used to building a staff on casters. I've never tried chalice before. Kind of always thought it was a poop item. And I just about never buy doran's items because they slow builds down. But for a support caster it might work. I don't know how I feel about getting a deathcap. Sure it's a great item, but I don't know if it helps my team as much as the auras I'm giving off from the build I posted.

stargroup100 09-29-2011 05:05 PM

tear is 7 mana regen for 1k gold
chalice gives you 7.5 mana regen plus a bonus that can potentially double your mana regen for only 900 gold, plus 30 magic resist

if you never upgrade tear then why get tear instead of chalice?

doran's rings are also really really strong because they not only give the critical mana regen that heimer needs early on, but it also gives him health for survivability and ability power, which really works well on his turrets and rockets. without the health, heimer would melt instantly to almost any champion, and without the ap, he's pretty darn weak. of course, this is less important if you're in a duo lane, but heimer is so good in a solo lane and farms so well I don't see why you would ever put him in a duo lane if you had a choice

look at the cost effectiveness as well:
meki pendant: 7 mana regen for 390, or 56 gold per mana regen
giant's belt: 430 health for 1110, or 2.58 gold per health
needlessly large rod: 80 ap for 1600, or 20 gold per ap

doran's ring: 56*5+100*2.58+15*20= 838 gold's worth of stats for 475. think about that for a minute. it slows down your build sure, but only by what, 500 gold? and you do get other benefits, such as health

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3544267)
I don't know how I feel about getting a deathcap. Sure it's a great item, but I don't know if it helps my team as much as the auras I'm giving off from the build I posted.

dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offense lmao

deathcap is a great item that helps your team because now you do a LOT of damage. I can't think of a better way to help your team than kill lots of people. how strong a team is isn't decided solely by auras, and while they are cost effective for your entire team, you have to consider their practical usage. does your team have enough magic damage to benefit from will of the ancients? even if they do, why are YOU the one to get it? only other support item you have? abyssal, which requires you to be in range of the enemy champions, one of the main things you do NOT want to do as heimer.

rylai's and zhonya gives you 180 ap total. rabadon's deathcap by itself is 182 ap, but other items that give ap compound that even more. unless you're having a really hard time surviving, those defense items can usually wait until later on if you play smart

buuuuuuut when you get down to it it's all playstyle preference, play however you like. I've built support heimer 2-3 times in the past before, so it's not like ap heimer strictly dominates, but I just really believe he should be a proper caster

hi19hi19 09-29-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

support casting heimer
Abyssal Scepter

I just noticed this after Stargroup pointed it out...
Abyssal Scepter has 1000 range on its special effect. For comparison Heimer's rockets have 1000 range as well. Anything you can't rocket you're also not affecting with your support item. You cannot honestly tell me that in most teamfights you will be within rocket range of everyone at all times (and if you are that's another issue entirely). Seems like quite a waste on a super squishy ranged AP champion.

Let your tank or AP melees get Abyssal Scepter, it's their JOB to be close to the enemy.

-paexaea- 09-29-2011 05:47 PM

Welcome to the Heimerdinger Champion Spotlight. I play him as a jungler.

bluguerrilla 09-29-2011 06:35 PM

Pales in comparison to karthus in the jungle.

xferrarix 09-29-2011 08:23 PM

actually from recent matches stacking doran's rings are actually amazing

stack 3 in the first 15 minutes means 15+ mana regen per 5, 30+ ap, and 300+ mana.. pretty sure that's awesome for starting so soon. then if you're doing well you can build your cap earlier or go risky and get a majai's. once again that's situational too. if you're doing really bad (ie getting focused in every team fight and becoming feed or overall just sucking) then it's best to try building straight to a cap or a defense item

edit: also my thoughts on dominion. i really dislike it. i mean it's a cool change-up to the original mode; more action, fast paced, and sometimes more team fights. however i think the buildup of classic is what makes LoL what it is. not so ******s can bumrush your territories as yi or rammus and be a complete douchebag for an entire 20 minutes so you can ragequit. or finally win matches and feel warm inside

JSH 09-29-2011 09:26 PM

haha I don't really like Dominion either but I think it can be a nice change of pace if you play with friends :>

Hopefully they don't screw up the balance because of it though
Or will they balance it?