Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   8th Official FFR Tournament - Final Round! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128406)

Lambdadelta 01-11-2013 10:56 PM

Re: 8th Official FFR Tournament

I'm going to be extremely pissed off if I can't participate in the 8th official because of my fucking internet problem...

I really want to test my strength in D6.

P.S. lol I have a new computer and it has windows 8.

xNiX 01-11-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3834801)
windows 8.

o.

Lambdadelta 01-11-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xNiX (Post 3834809)
o.

I specified I wanted a computer with windows 7. I got windows 8. as far as my knowledge goes Jon told me it isn't hard to use once you get used to it (which I have) but I really want to know what flash player I should use for best performance because I used flash 9 with Velocity engine with my old 2002 spec Dell Latitude

Xenorosth 01-11-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaZboy77 (Post 3834778)
So what is the difference between "raw scoring" and the type of scoring used in previous tournaments? I've never participated in one before so I wouldn't know.

This is the score you get before combo is accounted for.

EtienneSM 01-12-2013 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope this won't be a hassle or anything but would you be able to remove my "ddrkid007" account from the tournament dashboard and I'll sign up on this one? I just feel like participating in the tourney with this name.

Just so people don't whine and everything, here's a screenshot that I am ddrkid.
Attachment 32970

Thanks.

Figlar20k 01-12-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 3834779)
Official tourneys before use combo scoring, which emphasizes getting a higher combo (usually a FULL combo) and so a score like 0-0-1-0 with a miss in the middle would be much worse than a 124-65-0-169 score.

Raw scoring basically gets rid of the combo aspect of it, and it's more on accuracy more than anything else.

I think removing combo scoring is crazy really.

When people are playing high level ITG/DDR tournaments (or FFR Multiplayer), it makes sense to reduce the pentaly of a miss because you can't "always" FC a very challenging song that pushes your limits specially when you get into the 15 and higher foot range.

But when you are playing FFR, you get 1000 chances. If you can't FC the difficult part of the song ever who are you to say you are better at it because you can AAA 99% of the easy parts. No combo scoring would make sense if we were using Stepmanias lifebar maybe, but when you can miss half the arrows in any difficult part of any song song and still pass it's silly to remove combo scoring.

In extreme circumstances, the person with the much better FA can simply mash the hard parts and still end up with better FA than the person who can FA the whole song just not quite as well on easier sections.

Also, it will be funny when people with much lower public ranks win against people who are nowhere near their rank for the actual FFR scoring.

TheDVDMan 01-12-2013 05:53 AM

Welp, somebody needs to lose in the first round.

\o/

masternaruto122 01-12-2013 05:58 AM

awesome

LongGone 01-12-2013 07:26 AM

First time participating in an official tourney

be gentle

popsicle_3000 01-12-2013 07:53 AM

D6 never is

Skeelie 01-12-2013 07:55 AM

Ready for the tourney.. Think I'm going for D4 right ?

Riotpolice 01-12-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongGone (Post 3835264)
be gentle

This means nothing in D6.

Lambdadelta 01-12-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongGone (Post 3835264)
First time participating in an official tourney

be gentle

No need for D6 to be gentle with you. Your already one hell of a fucking player :3

Good luck with your First Tourney.

krunkykai22 01-12-2013 11:42 AM

Removing Combo Scoring is probably the smartest thing they did. When you play through a chart, the ONLY thing that should be in one's mind is doing the best they can do. On FFR, in order to obtain a very noticeable rank, you MUST full combo the song you are playing in order to achieve that rank. However, if you take that away, and just let a person play the song and get the best score he/she can get without having to FC the song, you are going to get insane scores. Scores that a masher couldn't even come close to beating someone period.

Very pumped to see a RAW scoring official tournament. Now I don't have to really worry so much about the later rounds affecting people with combo scoring.

Lambdadelta 01-12-2013 12:11 PM

Maybe if Raw tourney goes well, it might increase the chance for top 200 ranks to be implemented as raw.
starting to get sick of seeing all these mashed scores from 3-4 years ago that I can't touch because of 1 miss.
19-0-1-x on schmollbluk and still no top 200 :(

Micah_ 01-12-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3835437)
Removing Combo Scoring is probably the smartest thing they did. When you play through a chart, the ONLY thing that should be in one's mind is doing the best they can do. On FFR, in order to obtain a very noticeable rank, you MUST full combo the song you are playing in order to achieve that rank. However, if you take that away, and just let a person play the song and get the best score he/she can get without having to FC the song, you are going to get insane scores. Scores that a masher couldn't even come close to beating someone period.

Very pumped to see a RAW scoring official tournament. Now I don't have to really worry so much about the later rounds affecting people with combo scoring.

Whole-heartedly agree

shenjoku 01-12-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3835452)
Maybe if Raw tourney goes well, it might increase the chance for top 200 ranks to be implemented as raw.
starting to get sick of seeing all these mashed scores from 3-4 years ago that I can't touch because of 1 miss.
19-0-1-x on schmollbluk and still no top 200 :(

That's something that has always pissed me off about FFR =/ But I keep playing anyways ._.;

Jonlovesddr 01-12-2013 02:55 PM

gonna be honest here i'm fucking stoked

dragonmegaXX 01-12-2013 03:07 PM

My anus is ready for the D5 raping I'll get.

Darkbreezee 01-12-2013 04:08 PM

will be d4 for sure , yet i need to practise again .. lost a lot of skill last game has been in ages if it comes to FFR ,,,