Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117933)

All_That_Chaz 01-10-2012 09:50 PM

Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3612060)
I liked the Epic Cupcake Time one a lot. This one I didn't really like so much, no offense. I think what put me off the most was throwing an ad right as part of the flash though yes I realize it's to buy stuff related to the animation but still, kinda tacky IMO.

Umm, that's part of the joke. They're parodying Epic Meal Time. They've been doing ads for netflix. Derp.

UserNameGoesHere 01-10-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3612084)
Umm, that's part of the joke. They're parodying Epic Meal Time. They've been doing ads for netflix. Derp.

I haven't actually seen Epic Meal Time. So they put blatant ads flat in the middle of Epic Meal Time then? Guess I can't fault this parody for that then. Derp indeed. (But Derpy is a good pony.)

Still gonna have to dock points on the similarity of Rarity in this compared with Applejack in APPLES.MOV though. It came first.

MinaciousGrace 01-11-2012 02:54 AM

is there a replacement for ponyarchive yet

Electrokinesis 01-11-2012 01:47 PM

EqD uploads to Youtube and has a slowly updated list here and this page has everything EqD has posted about episodes as well as the original posts for the YT links. Use whichever you prefer. You'll need a Youtube downloader if you want to download from them.

If you're a member of BronyNet, they have a player that has every episode as well as a fairly simple way to download it at any resolution. (You'll have to PM me for how since it's 'been officially taken out' thanks to the Ponyarchive fiasco.) BronyNet is a brony social networking site, sorta like Facebook, that's free to join.

MrGiggles 01-14-2012 06:15 PM

Awesome Pinkie Pie episode, yesssssss. With a Surprise cameo, possibly a portal reference, and an adultery joke no less.

I still have no idea how pony genetics are supposed to work. I always assumed it was some sort of rock-paper-scissors relationship but I guess not? Whatever, it's nothing I'll lose sleep over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXNt0Z5fQ1I&hd=1
S 2 Ep 13 1080p

DarknessXoXLight 01-14-2012 07:07 PM

Oh. My. God. Pumpkin is ****ing precious.

Crashfan3 01-14-2012 11:47 PM

Best birthday present ever. <3
Also, flour-covered Pinkie is cute.

edit: i'm just gonna leave this here

All_That_Chaz 01-15-2012 01:23 AM

Yay Pinkie episode :D

...I don't think she ever changed those diapers >.>

mrpreggers 01-15-2012 09:26 PM

Didn't think Rainbow Dash would completely destroy Fluttershy in the polls :/

UserNameGoesHere 01-16-2012 02:04 PM

http://mixermike622.deviantart.com/a...ermike622&qo=1

I do believe the perfect mode of transport has been found!

LongGone 01-17-2012 04:40 AM

Has anyone posted this yet?

megamon88 01-17-2012 10:50 AM

lol episode 17 synopsis

and the cries of fanfic writers were heard around the world

flash dualist 01-18-2012 09:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwtC-1bpx0

megamon88 01-18-2012 10:43 PM

How have I not seen that before, it's godly

Crashfan3 01-20-2012 01:12 AM

guys we're all trolls
i tried to make it believable but its true, i only watch mlp so i can be kool on the internets

MinaciousGrace 01-20-2012 01:57 AM

A friend friend of mine watched the premier episode as it aired out of curiosity, he remembered seeing the previous generation of my little pony on tv when he was young and how god awful it was and then saw that lauren faust was part of the new generation and wondered what it would be like. Needless to say he enjoyed it and showed me the show after i got back from africa in oct.

neither of us knew of the existence of the internet mlp memes until like 2 weeks later rofl

UserNameGoesHere 01-20-2012 10:41 AM

Horizontal stripe shirt guy and dark hair girl with hat get it. Everyone else is clueless.

megamon88 01-21-2012 09:36 AM

Derpy is now officially canon... with a voice.

Episode was pretty great too, made me laugh out loud multiple times. The ending was pretty easy to predict, but it didn't detract from the episode. I'll get a link up when there's one available.

MrGiggles 01-21-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3621082)
Derpy is now officially canon... with a voice.

I'm so down with this. Derpy is adorable.

also when AJ's train is pulling away from the station (4:40), the muffin car normally occupied by derpy in the intro is occupied by derpy's fanon daughter and roommate, Dinky and Carrot Top.

megamon88 01-21-2012 04:47 PM

Episode:

And here's the reaction to derpy on the bronystate livestream:

All_That_Chaz 01-21-2012 05:58 PM

Honestly after seeing so many fan creations of Derpy, it's a little weird seeing her in a real episode. And I kind of preferred the fans' rendition of her as carefree and innocent rather than bumbling and retarded. I also like the cute voice created by the fans.

Example:

The raspy voice just sounds weird, like they threw this assignment at the voice actor for Rainbow Dash 10 minutes before the reading. But it's just off-putting because it's new. I'll have to wait for it to grow on me.

UserNameGoesHere 01-21-2012 08:03 PM

Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga? Chimicherry? Cherrychanga?

Chaz, I agree. I always liked the stuff BaldDumboRat did. Is it possible the voice in this ep is a placeholder voice maybe?? They should get BaldDumboRat to speak for official Derpy.

megamon88 01-21-2012 11:05 PM

I doubt Derpy is going to have many lines in future episodes. I'd be kind of annoyed if she was in every episode.

All_That_Chaz 01-22-2012 03:42 AM

Well that didn't take long:

Crashfan3 01-22-2012 04:33 AM

Excellent episode! Learned a few things that should patch some holes in the fic I've been writing ^^

UserNameGoesHere 01-22-2012 04:58 AM

Seriously if they have Derpy with any significant lines in the future, they really should consider hiring on BaldDumboRat as the voice actress.

And I agree Derpy should be used sparingly in the actual show -- she should be more of an Easter Egg and/or "Where's Waldo?" than anything else. For anyone who is familiar with Homestarrunner, Derpy should be used like Homsar was used there -- a sort of running gag Easter Egg.

MrGiggles 01-22-2012 06:50 PM

I'm ok with this derpy. Fanon derpy is pretty awesome and heartwarming, but this bumbling semi-retarded derpy still has potential for physical comedy as a recurring cameo character in a kids show.

megamon88 01-28-2012 01:58 PM

Bahahaha, this episode was really funny. The song was a bit too long imo, but other than that it was another solid episode. Can't wait for next week's episode (READING RAINBOWWW)

ps all the ponies are alcoholics

All_That_Chaz 01-28-2012 02:43 PM

I thought it was kind of dumb that with THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP the Apples were able to outpace the machine.

MrGiggles 01-28-2012 03:37 PM

More like the power of having more people. As megamon said, the song went on for quite a while and I don't even know what musical it was parodying. Also, I've been waiting for a "Dear Princess Celestia, today I didn't learn dick" episode forever, so I'm pretty pleased with this.

megamon88 01-28-2012 04:01 PM

I was thinking a long version of monorail from the Simpsons, with the ponies chanting and stuff.

All_That_Chaz 01-28-2012 04:25 PM

Yeah the "Dear Princess Celestia" bit at the end got me laughing too.

UserNameGoesHere 01-28-2012 05:05 PM

I'm kind of surprised they had a beer episode. Well, "apple cider" but come on.

Crashfan3 01-29-2012 03:34 AM

Excellent episode, but my only question is what in the world the internet will do with this:

All_That_Chaz 01-30-2012 12:45 AM

I read "My Little Dashie" for the first time last night. I found it to be very poorly written and riddled with errors. Sure it was pretty sentimental but it sounded like it was written by a 9th grader who's getting a C in English.

Crashfan3 01-30-2012 01:45 AM

Hmm... fanfics aren't meant to be read from the eyes of a professor. A lot of them are written by 9th graders getting C's in English! Still... some are very good...
My Little Dashie was not among my top favorites but I did enjoy it.

All_That_Chaz 01-30-2012 02:20 AM

Well with how popular it's become I guess I expected a lot from it. I don't ever read fanfiction.

megamon88 01-30-2012 06:06 AM

Apparently "It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door" is a really good one. I haven't read it yet though.

I've read a couple others though, some of them were well written while others not so much. Progress was pretty good iirc, and allegrezza, while not the best written, was still very enjoyable to me.

Crashfan3 01-30-2012 11:21 AM

I'll have to read that one.
One of my favorites was Estrella Noctis, but sadly it was never finished and I think it's been taken down.

next poster gets #1000 ;o

gold stinger 01-30-2012 07:04 PM

1st post in this huge ass pony thread. what did i miss?

megamon88 01-30-2012 07:11 PM

1000 posts of awesome. Basically it's quiet until the weekend, then people talk about the episode, then it's quiet again until the next weekend xD

Crashfan3 01-31-2012 01:01 AM

Yup, pretty much. Thoughts of Saturday are pretty much what gets me through each week, I don't know what I'll do when season 2 ends.

Also, new holiday avatar. Like it?

megamon88 01-31-2012 06:08 PM

I think flutterdash is the most canon pairing :P

MrGiggles 01-31-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashfan3 (Post 3628093)
Also, new holiday avatar. Like it?

Not really, but you do, so that's ok. It doesn't offend my honor or anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
I read "My Little Dashie" for the first time last night. I found it to be very poorly written and riddled with errors. Sure it was pretty sentimental but it sounded like it was written by a 9th grader who's getting a C in English.

There are few fanfics (for any universe) that couldn't be improved with a thirty-minute proofreading session and possibly a ctrl-a -> backspace for severe cases.

By the way, is this week's episode the Big Mac x Cheerilee Valentine's day episode? I'm totally psyched for Big Mac to get some serious screen time, that dude is such a criminally underused bro. At the same time, I'm also apprehensive because it's a CMC episode and those are usually mediocre at best.

megamon88 02-1-2012 05:09 PM

I actually despise the cmc with a passion just because they take up so much screentime. I'm still sad that fluttershy hasn't had an episode yet this season :(

EDIT: I made a remix. :D

LongGone 02-2-2012 02:54 AM

At first I read "CMC" as Craig McCracken :/

Crashfan3 02-2-2012 09:40 PM

Oh god.
Oh god yes.
Oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yes oh god yesssssss
http://everfreenw.com/

megamon88 02-3-2012 12:17 AM

http://derpyhoovesnews.com/hasbro-pr...y-merchandise/

Apparently some people complained that the name derpy was offensive, and now hasbro wants to get rid of it. ****ing ridiculous.

Crashfan3 02-3-2012 12:33 AM

Yeah I already signed a petition concerning that. It's not a big deal to me but it's still a little annoying.
The petition had 4910 signatures when I signed and I checked later and it had over 5100. I'll post the link later but if I forget to look for it, it's somewhere on EqD.

UserNameGoesHere 02-3-2012 12:58 AM

Oh holy that is ridiculous, lol! Talk about political correctness going overboard. Tsk. Tsk. NO MUFFINS FOR DERPY HATERS! ~Derp.

MrGiggles 02-3-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3630064)
http://derpyhoovesnews.com/hasbro-pr...y-merchandise/

Apparently some people complained that the name derpy was offensive, and now hasbro wants to get rid of it. ****ing ridiculous.

This is literally why we can't have nice things.

I wasn't 100% pleased with the canon derpy, but that's no reason to go and really **** it up for everybody else. The fact that the studio gave her that much attention was just awesome, and they could refine her character and voice in subsequent cameos if they really wanted to. Or not, even! I thought she was adorable and funny as is.

megamon88 02-3-2012 07:59 AM

We literally looked a gift horse in the mouth this time (hehu). Some people just can't be happy with anything.

Crashfan3 02-3-2012 11:26 AM

Yup, a lot of people are blowing this waaaay out of proportion. They're probably the reason why some people hate bronies. Me, I just signed the petition and left it at that. Derpy's a side character anyway so I don't really care that much.

Edit: Anyone who cares even the slightest bit about this issue should watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFy6nAyduc

icontrolyourworld 02-4-2012 12:53 AM

hi19hi19 02-4-2012 01:33 AM

It's always the quiet ones

p.s. lost at this video

megamon88 02-4-2012 08:58 AM

Oh shit, SHED.MOV got released. It's even worse (as in bloodier) than the other ones lmao

Friendship is Magic Bitch is still hilarious.

HYPE FOR THE NEW EPISODE WOOT

EDIT: HOOOOOLY SHIT THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT EPISODE

The whole thing felt like a thinly veiled metaphor for bronies, lmao. I pretty much felt the same way when I discovered ponies: I didn't want to admit it even to myself. But then I realized how good it was, and pretty much watched every single episode in a couple days (back then there were only like 20 episodes).

P.S. Daring Doo is such a Mary Sue (IT RHYMES).

P.P.S. Watch for the incoming wave of fanfics about Dash writing fanfics.

All_That_Chaz 02-4-2012 10:02 AM

First time I actually watched an episode on TV. It was adorable.

megamon88 02-4-2012 10:47 AM

Apparently my Assertive Fluttershy pseudonym is canon now.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...-down.html?m=1

Oh and here's an episode link:

MrGiggles 02-5-2012 01:18 AM

It bugged me that Daring Doo was a Rainbow Dash recolor until I realized that it made sense, since it was in RD's imagination. I liked this episode a lot.

edit: oops turns out it's 'Derring-Do'

megamon88 02-5-2012 01:42 AM

I just looked up what it meant, I'd never even heard of that phrase before. "Heroic Daring" fits the bill though.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/derring-do.html

EDIT: Wait, it looks like it's spelled "Daring-Do" on the book cover.

UserNameGoesHere 02-5-2012 10:22 PM

Let's have some DERPY :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/586435
Here Derpy demonstrates proper piano-playing technique. That's not how you'd play jingle bells? Then you're playing it WRONG!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/584966
Good animations on this one and you'll see lots of cameos. No idea what any of the song means as it's not in English.

------------------------
Edit:

Oooooh! Has this been posted before? http://www.ponykart.net/
Watch the video -- game-in-progress looks good.

All_That_Chaz 02-8-2012 03:59 AM

omg pinkie ;_;

megamon88 02-8-2012 07:19 AM

I can't wait till that's used in an episode. I remember everyone going crazy when it was first leaked :P

megamon88 02-8-2012 11:45 PM

Double post but idc

NEW EPISODE LEAKED ASDFGSKALJFKAKSKA

It was an okay episode. Seemed to drag on a bit, although there were a bunch of good moments. Also message at the end is basically don't ship ponies lmao

MrGiggles 02-9-2012 07:45 PM

Good Lord the animators go nuts with background ponies. Every time I pause this show I see fan pairings going down. Lyra and Bon-Bon end up next to each other every damn time they appear. I also scoped Derpy and Whooves together on a bridge like 3:30 in.

btw the "tubs of jelly" pony made the most amazing face for a second or two

megamon88 02-9-2012 07:48 PM

lmao how did i not notice that, that's amazing

UserNameGoesHere 02-10-2012 12:24 AM

Tubs of jelly pony has Derpy's coloring. Also it's a pretty derpy thing to do. Possible relation?

megamon88 02-10-2012 06:50 PM

I'll just leave this here.

megamon88 02-11-2012 07:07 PM

Never thought I'd say this... but these new toys are awesome.

UserNameGoesHere 02-12-2012 06:09 AM

Do I see a DJ-P0n-3 and a white Princess Celestia? And a Nightmare Moon? Also do I see cutie marks on both sides?

megamon88 02-12-2012 08:24 AM

Yup, white celestia, DJ PON-3, trixie, glow in the dark zecora, and nightmare moon. It's pretty much the brony package :P

DDRBaller123 02-12-2012 09:06 AM

http://www.mane6.com/

MrGiggles 02-17-2012 01:22 AM

Hey guys just FYI don't go posting in the new 4chan pony board for a few days. It's entirely possible that after a few days they'll just ban everyone who posted in the forum. It's not terribly uncommon.

Crashfan3 02-17-2012 02:19 AM

I haven't even browsed 4chan in a good six months or more, and it took me forever just to even find said ponyboard.
That being said, if it's not a trap, I'm sure it will be a lot more, erm, violent than sites like Ponychan. However, I don't particularly like Ponychan since it's the type of site with a tightly knit clique and everyone who's not in it is essentially garbage, so I'll keep my eye on this in lurk-only mode for about a week or two.

edit: most of the threads read like /b/ threads so yeah... I'm not convinced this will last.
ed2: man, i should find a good irc chan to nestle myself into...

megamon88 02-17-2012 10:25 AM

I'm pretty sure they did the /pony/ ban shenanigans exactly a year ago lmfao

If they do the same thing though there's gonna be another shitstorm incoming.

UserNameGoesHere 02-17-2012 07:28 PM

March 5. Get yourself over to McDonalds. You'll see. (as far as I know, US McDonalds only)

DissonantMuse 02-17-2012 09:51 PM

Ponychan is better imo, instead of just one board on 4chan. but yeah I know what you mean by ponychan being kinda clique-ish but only on some boards.

Crashfan3 02-17-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3639860)
March 5. Get yourself over to McDonalds. You'll see. (as far as I know, US McDonalds only)

Rrrgh, but McDonalds tastes terrible. D;

Quote:

Originally Posted by DissonantMuse (Post 3639921)
Ponychan is better imo, instead of just one board on 4chan. but yeah I know what you mean by ponychan being kinda clique-ish but only on some boards.

Yeah I started out on /pony/ back when it first started, ended up computerless from April until late May, came back to an unfamiliar place. Tried /oat/ and then more recently /chat/ where I still post on occasion, but it's just not the same.

megamon88 02-18-2012 08:50 AM

New episode today! :D

Also a new episode summary for episode 21 got released. Looks epic.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...gon-quest.html

Episode: Dragon Quest
Air Date: March 17, 2012
Synopsis: Spike joins the Great Dragon Migration to discover his true identity, but it might not be what he really needs.

EDIT: This episode is looking great so far. Not gonna spoil anything, other than there's a lot of singing.

EDIT2: Just finished the episode. One of my favourites of S2. SO MUCH CONTINUITY

MrGiggles 02-18-2012 03:53 PM

Yeah today's episode seemed well thought out and just really solid all around. I enjoyed the Derpy snowglobe more than I care to admit and I'd buy one in an instant.