Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Stuck at Home Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151803)

Pizza69 04-28-2020 09:47 PM

Re: Stuck at Home Tournament

column colours + halved noteskin makes literally everything red if u wanna go nuclear

MonkeyFoo 04-28-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4727719)
I also think you may be underestimating 12 gauge a bit, plus generally below D4 most struggle with bursty patterns.

Either way good luck on the grind.

Please understand, running my mouth is an important self-motivation strategy XD

Now I HAVE to play it until it's perfect...

LvsL 04-29-2020 06:02 AM

Sometimes having note colors changed to something less confusing helps loans. Or if you want to try "quarter noteskin" by changing yellow to blue, blue to red, and half noteskin on etc.

Then later when you finish with getting the beats right, color won't matter as much, which means later to be used for readability

Joupawesome 04-29-2020 08:52 AM

Jeeze, what a song and a half this is:

After about a session of 2 hours on and off grinding I barely really got close (a few times i choked an 72k+ score at the ending parts) I really need another approach to go about this....

URL 04-29-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza69 (Post 4727993)
column colours + halved noteskin makes literally everything red if u wanna go nuclear

I think I'll turn on column colors, thanks for reminding me of them.

danredge 04-29-2020 07:46 PM

Hey Guys could you recommend songs with a NPS (Note Per Second) around 17-18 Like the D3 song that we have ? I am not able to find them below level 78. Regards Dan

psychoangel691 04-29-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danredge (Post 4728077)
Hey Guys could you recommend songs with a NPS (Note Per Second) around 17-18 Like the D3 song that we have ? I am not able to find them below level 78. Regards Dan

Average nps is just under 11 for dreaming and probably more like 15/16 in the denser section but either way here's a bunch of 69s and 70s

sonic vision, Witchcraft, Pokemon BW - Elite Four Battle, System Failure, Rampage, defection, Ambient Angels

TC_Halogen 04-29-2020 11:12 PM

It's not swingy, but it'll meet the density:

VS Boss Battle.

psychoangel691 04-29-2020 11:14 PM

Couple 71s for ya too

Aublia, Yellow Smile, Eternal Dreain [Heavy]

SubaruPoptart 04-30-2020 12:18 AM

^^^ Saffron City. unsure where this one is but Pokamen Party, PWRPFF GABBERZ or whatever it's called, Banned Forever, literally any Venetian Snares song in that range, Hajnal and Epidermis being super fun, this isn't in that range but Heavenly Spores is a challenge to me. This one's a 78 but it's also super fun and you can build up speed on this song: Clocked.

HBar 04-30-2020 06:42 PM

Misha is really making me work for this one. I only barely clawed my way back into the top spot after a lot of practice, and somehow nearly managed a full combo while I was at it:

I get the feeling he's going to leapfrog me again tomorrow or Saturday morning if I don't keep improving.

Chaotic_X 05-1-2020 08:31 PM

Division 4 just got kind of intense. Mr. Ed might pull it off . I'm still trying to improve my score :o

SubaruPoptart 05-1-2020 08:41 PM

gg y'all, no way I'm gonna wake up before noon tomorrow but the tourney's been super fun! Got a hella skillboost this round instead of playing the song so that's something at least. : P

danredge 05-1-2020 08:42 PM

I won't have more time to practise Division 3 Songs, so i want to congrats Joup and Kawa for the (First/Second Place) I know that Joup have put a lot of time in it and that Kawa have done a crazy comeback after cutting his finger so they really deserve it. Also thanks to all the FFR Staff for this incredible tournament n_n. From bottom D3 to bottom D4 this was a really fun adventure.

Kawakawa 05-2-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danredge (Post 4728888)
I won't have more time to practise Division 3 Songs, so i want to congrats Joup and Kawa for the (First/Second Place) I know that Joup have put a lot of time in it and that Kawa have done a crazy comeback after cutting his finger so they really deserve it. Also thanks to all the FFR Staff for this incredible tournament n_n. From bottom D3 to bottom D4 this was a really fun adventure.

Thanks so much for the strong competition as well, I had a lot of fun! And congrats on 3rd placement, and congrats to joup as well for first with his insanely good run on day 1~
Can't wait for the next tourney, and hope to see you guys there :3

LvsL 05-2-2020 10:43 AM

The D1 song was already very hard for me. With all those songs my skills boosted a lot. But my,, those who are at other divisions still in are counting how many goods instead -_-

Chaotic_X 05-2-2020 12:11 PM

If I never play Ascension for Owls again it will be too soon. Tried over 100 full attempts on that chart and couldn't beat Mr. Ed's score, he had a crazy skill jump or something. Although my grandtotals were scoring higher my accuracy just wasn't there this time. Oh well, Congrats to all the winners!

HBar 05-2-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBar (Post 4728411)
I get the feeling he's going to leapfrog me again tomorrow or Saturday morning if I don't keep improving.

Big congrats to Misha for achieving that and in exactly one attempt. Meanwhile I was throwing myself against the song over and over again and getting worse instead of better.

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 12:34 PM

Congrats and thanks so much for playing. Please let me know what token your token choices are and I will work on distributing all the prizes a little later today :)

MonkeyFoo 05-2-2020 12:59 PM

Huge thanks to psychoangel691 for putting this all together! I never had so much fun playing FFR, and it was great timing for this tournament to drop just after I rediscovered the game. I feel really lucky that the combination of great song picks and stiff competition gave me the right pushes at the right times to make me get better, almost like a personalized campaign mode. Looking forward to the next OT, where I can get humbled at the bottom of D4 :)