Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151769)

TWG Boomer 03-14-2020 09:26 PM

Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

the program also doesn't keep track of who voted for who; that's a manial thing that some hosts like to do.

TWG Boomer 03-14-2020 09:26 PM

er who voted for who throughout the phase.

TWG Phil 03-14-2020 09:27 PM

Feels unlikely that we'd catch a wolf over that
I think shes wolfy for doing almost no solving

TWG Cherry 03-14-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Tank (Post 4719641)
villager not vigi but other than that ye

no i dont have a full reads list and its prob not happenin tonite tbh

damn, i was so close to nailing that what what

TWG Boomer 03-14-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Flurry (Post 4719634)
At same time, would a wolf really hammer like that ? meh

less time to talk, and plausible deniability about what the votes were at? they were piling on pretty quick.
hell, if del didn't unvote, i'm pretty sure that WAS insta.

TWG Julian 03-14-2020 09:28 PM

yeah, i just don't see chrissy faking it, flurry

TWG Agent S 03-14-2020 09:32 PM

Votecount?

TWG Punchy 03-14-2020 09:32 PM

Chief
I guess I should say I'm not surprised I didn't find much here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4716983)
Get your own food then.

Much like the flavour response of Chief/Zucker, we have this one here between Chief/Molly. It's not much, it's early game, and I'm not gonna read into it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4717262)
01) Agent S NULL
02) Apollo TOWN
03) Boomer TOWN
04) Cherry NULL
05) Chief TOWN
06) Del NULL
07) Dora W LEAN
08) Dotty NULL
09) Fauna NULL
10) Flurry TOWN
11) Julian W LEAN
12) Maple NULL
13) Mathilda NULL
14) Melba NULL
15) Molly NULL
16) Phil TOWN
17) Punchy TOWN
18) Rolf NULL
19) Tank TOWN
20) Zucker NULL

Here's really the only reads he's given on EVERY player, mrmpht. Dotty and Molly are null. I can't say this is not what I was expecting. Most of Chief's posts have been responses to Phil, Flurry, Julian, and sometimes me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4718406)
Not twisting words is important as well, have you been seeing any of that?

This is a question for Chrissy now that they're in the game. It's a softball "have you seen this in the game?" question about seeing word twisting. It's an easy "expand on this" to interact with a potential partner without providing any reads on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4718413)
Felt bad to delete it.
Mostly a genuine question.

Once again, it's continuing the same softball question. It's nice that they extended it, but it's a pretty soft prod. If Chief was going for partner interaction points, this would be about it in the scope of Chief/Molly/Chrissy.

---

Inconclusive. Chief has simply not provided nearly enough reads on the other people in this circle. If we vote Chief out and they flip, Flurry might be one to look into based on amounts of interactions fmpov. I'm only saying Flurry here because I have a negative read on them, mrmpht.

TWG Flurry 03-14-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Julian (Post 4719648)

Well, that's probably for the best. I'd feel bad to be at the right place for a reason like that.

TWG Phil 03-14-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Julian (Post 4719648)

Finally, something we can agree on!

TWG Phil 03-14-2020 09:49 PM

Punchy, I know u mentioned mentioning something that I said no one had

I dont think just mentioning is it really what I was talking about

TWG Isabelle 03-14-2020 09:49 PM

Vote Count:
3/15 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Molly [3]
Julian, Eugene, Fauna

Chief [4]
Cherry, Molly, Boomer, Phil

Chrissy [1]
Flurry

TWG Molly 03-14-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Punchy (Post 4719615)
If that's where you're at, what about looking into the other people that are up next to you for the lynch? Since you're on the bottom, it might help you to look at other people on the bottom. Reads on players like Eugene are nice to see that you're thinking about others and the future of the game (if this makes sense), but I think looking at the ones at the bottom with you would help you the most right now.
I'm gonna look at your reads on Chief/Chrissy, and all those combinations of their reads on you and whatnot. I think you get what I mean. I'd throw in Mathilda, but I'm taking them off of my table for now.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I don't have a rock solid case against either of them, but I'll try to share some thoughts.

Chief: I have a strong gut feeling that chief is wolf but I'm having trouble making an argument that goes beyond tone-reading and his voting on d0. For that believe in the possibility of a wolf-julian world, I did mention how I didn't like julian's town-read on chief. I found it hypocritical given how strongly julian felt he was in the right about pushing del even after the claim; I also feel like there are some implied premises in his argument that don't make much sense. I'm having a hard time articulating it right now, but I can try to be more explicit about it later.

Chrissy: If people want to vote for inactivity, Chrissy seems like a decent vote if she doesn't say anything before EoD. I feel like a lot of their posts have been really "easy" posts to make (e.g. remarks/questions about mechanics) and not much actual thoughts towards others. If she does come back before EoD, I'm curious how she'll react to the discussion regarding her possibly pretending to be an inexperienced player.

I'll see if I can dig up more but this is what I got at the moment.

TWG Chief 03-14-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Punchy (Post 4719650)
Chief
I guess I should say I'm not surprised I didn't find much here.

Much like the flavour response of Chief/Zucker, we have this one here between Chief/Molly. It's not much, it's early game, and I'm not gonna read into it.

Here's really the only reads he's given on EVERY player, mrmpht. Dotty and Molly are null. I can't say this is not what I was expecting. Most of Chief's posts have been responses to Phil, Flurry, Julian, and sometimes me.

This is a question for Chrissy now that they're in the game. It's a softball "have you seen this in the game?" question about seeing word twisting. It's an easy "expand on this" to interact with a potential partner without providing any reads on them.

Once again, it's continuing the same softball question. It's nice that they extended it, but it's a pretty soft prod. If Chief was going for partner interaction points, this would be about it in the scope of Chief/Molly/Chrissy.

---

Inconclusive. Chief has simply not provided nearly enough reads on the other people in this circle. If we vote Chief out and they flip, Flurry might be one to look into based on amounts of interactions fmpov. I'm only saying Flurry here because I have a negative read on them, mrmpht.

Hey thanks for trying and not taking the easy accusation. I appreciate you. While it will be a mislynch, I can finally accept that someone did proper homework. Also, to Julian, how dare you lump xel and red blaster together, that’s just offensive.

Guess I’ll leave some thoughts:

Don’t ever lynch Phil
Check Punchy’s votes over again and if it checks out, town pile them
The what what person should be examined tomorrow / the person who said my vote on zucker was “opportunistic”
Eugine is falling off a tad

TWG Flurry 03-14-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle (Post 4719654)
Vote Count:
3/15 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Molly [3]
Julian, Eugene, Fauna

Chief [4]
Cherry, Molly, Boomer, Chief

Chrissy [1]
Flurry

Chief voted Chief ?

TWG Isabelle 03-14-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Flurry (Post 4719657)
Chief voted Chief ?

fixed

TWG Julian 03-14-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Molly (Post 4719655)
Chief: I have a strong gut feeling that chief is wolf but I'm having trouble making an argument that goes beyond tone-reading and his voting on d0. For that believe in the possibility of a wolf-julian world, I did mention how I didn't like julian's town-read on chief. I found it hypocritical given how strongly julian felt he was in the right about pushing del even after the claim; I also feel like there are some implied premises in his argument that don't make much sense. I'm having a hard time articulating it right now, but I can try to be more explicit about it later.

wait, what am i being hypocritical about?

TWG Julian 03-14-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4719656)
Also, to Julian, how dare you lump xel and red blaster together, that’s just offensive.

that was rolf!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chief (Post 4719656)
The what what person should be examined tomorrow / the person who said my vote on zucker was “opportunistic”

that was dora (i think)!

TWG Punchy 03-14-2020 10:14 PM

Chrissy
Ok, thankfully Chrissy had some more interactions and reads to work with compared to Chief. I was worried that this might be a waste of time looking into these posts. I'm glad to see that's not fully the case, mrmpht.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718409)
Chief bit of a clarifying question for you, with my post from yours by "not twisting words is important, have you been seeing any of that?" is that like- a snide question or a genuine question to me? Cuz I'm a lil unsure what you mean when you say that. If you're asking me if I've been seeing any of that, no. I haven't, at least to my knowledge I haven't, anyway.

Here's the response to Chief's first question that I highlighted in their ISO. They seem confused about the question at first as they appear to be caught off guard. Maybe they were just confused, mrmpht.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718414)
... huh-

Ah OK, then yeah I haven't really seen someone twisting someone's words that I can remember right offhand, I'll see if I can try to identify an instance of it if that's what you're wanting.

Chief followed up and this is their response. They say that they'd look for it, but Chrissy doesn't really deliver after this. She focuses on some other points, but this one she just drops. If she cared about Chief being her partner and was looking for some points on reading them, then this doesn't seem to be a part of it. If Chrissy really cared about showing a positive relationship with Chief, then I think she would have delivered. Right now, it's not looking like a w/w pairing between the two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718483)
OK so. Molly's post about me saying I don't wanna vote cuz insta blah blah blah.

What does she mean by "I'm pocketing Phil"?

I'm still pickin up the terminology as I go but like, I've seen it a lot; never really internalized what that meant.

Not sure what she's saying about Molly here. It's deflecting a bit. She's asking what other people think of the read rather than addressing it herself. She chalks this up to being new, which seems understandable. While ISOing, her other posts seem authentic from that perspective of a new player. People saying that she's emulating it are just fishing for a wolf read on her for reasons that aren't her posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718975)
Hello, at school again. I was considering putting my character up for the first post of each phase but nah, not worth it.

And I'd just like to know for functionality's sake. If the choices were Molly, Chief, and me from the majority of people, who'd you choose, if it was from any of those three?

I brought this up earlier, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy (Post 4718976)
"from the majority of people" meaning that like, most people offered up the choices of Molly, Chief, and me last night*

This answered the question I missed, mrmpht. I'm surprised I missed this on my reread, but at the same time, I'm glad I found it. It's like thinking you ate the last piece of sushi, but finding there's still one more waiting for you.

---

I don't think Chrissy is related to Chief if we're looking at them both as wolves. Yes, Chrissy is a new player, but part of me thinks that they're not really branching out to try and prove that they have great partner relationships. I hope this makes sense, mrmpht.
As for Chrissy/Molly, there is some slight potential if we assume they're wolves. There was some slight deflection when it came to Molly reading them, but it's hard to see if this is a question they'd ask in wolf chat or not if Molly was still viewing the thread. I'm going to assume by context that this is not the case. However, this point is probably not alignment indicative, so I'll just put it as a very light "maybe" here.

TWG Agent S 03-14-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Julian (Post 4719660)
that was dora (i think)!

lol.

that's Cherry.