Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pokemon Go! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144711)

TheThong 07-18-2016 01:43 AM

Re: Pokemon Go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 4454263)
If only I had time to get 21 levels in such a short period of time. I'm level 5 and I've had the game for a week

I'm the same. I've had it for two weeks, but have only explored for hours on one day. So that got me up a few levels. Work life! Zz

bmah 07-18-2016 02:15 AM

Just downloaded the game today. I heard there are some extras if you log in through your Pokemon trainer club account (as opposed to Google). Tried that, failed. Reset my password twice, still failed. I can't even log into the Pokemon trainer club account on the website. Using version 1.0.2. Wtf am I doing wrong

igotrhythm 07-18-2016 02:26 AM

You'd think the Pokemon Trainer Club of all people would know what kind of trouble their servers were in for.

Just use your Google account, I hear they fixed the access overreach issue.

TheThong 07-18-2016 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4454593)
Just downloaded the game today. I heard there are some extras if you log in through your Pokemon trainer club account (as opposed to Google). Tried that, failed. Reset my password twice, still failed. I can't even log into the Pokemon trainer club account on the website. Using version 1.0.2. Wtf am I doing wrong

Haha! Yeah just try your google account. That seems to be working fine, crashes once in awhile but it's all good.

bmah 07-18-2016 02:37 AM

Well I'm concerned that I may not be able to switch between the two login methods (can anyone confirm this?). If that's the case, why bother going far into one account that doesn't give those added benefits? (I think the trainer account will provide codes and other stuff in the future)

If trainer account is consistently problematic though, then I'll go with google. Not sure if this is the case yet.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2016 02:40 AM

what are all the teams in pokemon go and what do the teams do?

TheThong 07-18-2016 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4454596)
Well I'm concerned that I may not be able to switch between the two login methods (can anyone confirm this?). If that's the case, why bother going far into one account that doesn't give those added benefits? (I think the trainer account will provide codes and other stuff in the future)

If trainer account is consistently problematic though, then I'll go with google. Not sure if this is the case yet.

When you get into the app initially, there's a button that says ' sign out' before you press 'ok' (or whatever it was) so I'm pretty sure you can switch accounts.

You're the first person I've heard that uses a trainer account. So I'm not sure.

devonin 07-18-2016 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4454598)
what are all the teams in pokemon go and what do the teams do?

Blue - Team Mystic
Red - Team Valor
Yellow - Team Instinct

Which team you are has no mechanical effect on the game itself. But a major mechanic in the game is the capturing and holding of gyms, which are held by teams. If you have friends who play, picking their team is a strong choice, as is picking the more popular team in your area.

Statistically, if you like being with the largest group, pick Mystic. The smallest group, pick Instinct. (This may vary in your area, but in terms of which teams are the biggest it goes blue->red->yellow overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheThong (Post 4454591)
I'm the same. I've had it for two weeks, but have only explored for hours on one day. So that got me up a few levels. Work life! Zz

So far I've walked a little over 30km with it.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2016 04:55 AM

Thanks. :)

Red Blaster 07-18-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4454596)

I don't think the trainer club is fully implemented yet as I've never actually gotten it to work either.

rushyrulz 07-18-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4454606)
If you have friends who play, picking their team is a strong choice

Yes. With a group of friends, you can team up to overtake gyms and collect that coveted defender bonus more often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4454606)
...as is picking the more popular team in your area.

No. Picking the most popular team in your area usually results in not having as many gyms to take over. Battling gyms is an excellent source of XP and I think it's kinda fun to try and storm the city with your group of friends who also picked a less popular team.

--

Caught this baby outside my work today <3

YoshL 07-18-2016 10:26 AM

rushyrulz 07-18-2016 10:40 AM

lmao

inDheart 07-18-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4454643)
No. Picking the most popular team in your area usually results in not having as many gyms to take over. Battling gyms is an excellent source of XP and I think it's kinda fun to try and storm the city with your group of friends who also picked a less popular team.

yes i'm also instinct and we raid things at like midnight or so, especially the gym right by my apartment. i just went on a trip though and there are a bunch of airport gyms that are all valor, and i just can't do that myself.

HeZe 07-18-2016 01:08 PM

I have a lot of Pidgeys. Should I evolve as many as I can to Pidgeottos or should I just evolve one and transfer the rest?

blindreper1179 07-18-2016 02:10 PM

My friend caught a 1200 Blastoise and 1152 Hypno that bitch! He's a monster. Already level 22, started last weekend.

remedy1502 07-18-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4454671)
I have a lot of Pidgeys. Should I evolve as many as I can to Pidgeottos or should I just evolve one and transfer the rest?

the best option is to pop a lucky egg and evolve as many pidgeys as you can; they only cost 12 candy to evolve and each evo is 1k exp with the lucky egg going

cedolad 07-18-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remedy1502 (Post 4454685)
the best option is to pop a lucky egg and evolve as many pidgeys as you can; they only cost 12 candy to evolve and each evo is 1k exp with the lucky egg going

Save all of your evolutions for this method. Especially if its a new pokedex entry, mad exp bonus. I went up like 5 levels in a day just from farming stops and using local lures to catch Weedle, Pidgey and Caterpies.

8 Hour Whore 07-18-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remedy1502 (Post 4454685)

My only problem with this is simply that I never seem to be able to find pidgeys. Zubats, rattata, ekans, and Paris are most popular in my area. Hell I can't even find weedles.

remedy1502 07-18-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 4454692)
My only problem with this is simply that I never seem to be able to find pidgeys. Zubats, rattata, ekans, and Paris are most popular in my area. Hell I can't even find weedles.

I have that issue too, literally all I find are fucking drowzee
mother fucking 50 cost evolution