Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

DotKritic 04-26-2020 08:06 AM

Re: Coronavirus

The benefits of being an essential employee.

1. Weekly work hours maxed out at 59 (previously 44). I'm working 55 hours a week.
2. $2 increase to the hourly wage. For me, it went from $16.25 to $18.25.
3. Double overtime of your original wage. That means $32.50 for every hour worked overtime. And we get $2 on top of that, too.

Mollocephalus 05-4-2020 04:42 PM

When this hit my country i had 0 doubts USA would end up being majorly fucked over it. There's a lot of under representation in data because of the few tests available, but that happened in most countries so the numbers should be relatively comparable.

Shikari 05-6-2020 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollocephalus (Post 4729739)
There's a lot of under representation in data because of the few tests available

I'm 300% sure that this fucked up the Brazilian data. Right now, we're at 110k confirmed cases with almost 8k cases, but I'd wager that the death count must be double or even more because of the failure to test and identify cases in poor areas, especially in Sao Paulo.

On top of that, we have people straight up ignoring the social isolation and quarantine measures, and even protesting them, so yeah, I personally don't believe the available data here that much.

Mollocephalus 05-6-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 4730024)
I'm 300% sure that this fucked up the Brazilian data. Right now, we're at 110k confirmed cases with almost 8k cases, but I'd wager that the death count must be double even more because the failure to test and identify cases in poor areas, especially in Sao Paulo.

On top of that, we have people straight up ignoring the social isolation and quarantine measures, and even protesting them, so yeah, I personally don't believe the available data here that much.

You're gonna have a lot of fun with that!

Shikari 05-6-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollocephalus (Post 4730070)
You're gonna have a lot of fun with that!

You tell me...

By the way, what's the current status in Italy? You guys got it pretty rough, hope everything is ok for you and your country by now.

Mollocephalus 05-6-2020 04:24 PM

Total lockdown has ended two days ago, but still a lot of measures to contain. Being careless means another wave for sure. Economy is down by a ton and the next few months will be really interesting because a lot of things are going belly up.

Funnygurl555 05-7-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4720603)
edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

somalia's getting wrecked now and my dad's h e l l a high risk

if my dad gets this and he passes i'ma jump off the deep end again. fuck.

edit: anyway i e-mailed my dad which is my first correspondence w/ him in 7 months to wish him well but i'm totally expecting a "haha fuck off kid" which is fine i guess

gold stinger 05-8-2020 06:14 AM

Wonder how people are handling the pandemic in here. It blew up half way through March, and conversation on the topic heavily stooped off. Interesting to see how a shift in the way of life works like that, with it just being accepted as the new norm.

Dynam0 05-8-2020 08:05 AM

There's definitely a data problem out there, whether it's to do with testing (or lack thereof), asymptomatic cases, or people dying where the primary cause was "X" but because they also tested positive for COVID-19 so were added to the statistics.

In my own district there are only 18 known cases, 16 resolved and 2 in isolation.

Stay safe all

Mollocephalus 05-8-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4730332)
There's definitely a data problem out there, whether it's to do with testing (or lack thereof), asymptomatic cases, or people dying where the primary cause was "X" but because they also tested positive for COVID-19 so were added to the statistics.

Overall the (incomplete) data so far leads to the virus making immunocompromised or otherwise weakened people go critical very quickly, but is very rarely directly responsible of causing death by itself.

Unfortunately many countries downplayed risks and consequences on the sanitary system, and still are, considering how quickly they wish to reopen. However, quarantining is creating a lot of collateral damage as well. It's a no-win situation.

aperson 05-8-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4730325)
Wonder how people are handling the pandemic in here. It blew up half way through March, and conversation on the topic heavily stooped off. Interesting to see how a shift in the way of life works like that, with it just being accepted as the new norm.

Haven't left my high rise since March 18th. Quit smoking, drinking, started doing HIIT and bodyweight exercises in my apartment every day, got much better at cooking, and have been growing my own veggies with a hydroponic setup. My wife and I have agreed to order food once a month. Last month it was vermicelli and egg rolls; this month will be crayfish.

Turns out fear is the best motivator for me and it's made me pick up a bunch of productive patterns and hold onto them.

I hope everyone else is weathering things alright. From my perspective, I don't see things improving for months. I'm waiting for things to get bad this month as places start reopening risky areas like churches, gyms, salons, etc....

psychoangel691 05-8-2020 10:19 PM

Stuck putting myself at risk cause of course I had to end up with a dental abscess in the middle of this shit. I'm already extremely high risk for dental work because of my condition, now I get to top of possible exposure to COVID with it. Plus can't find a local oral surgeon open, so that's been fun.

melonpapes 05-8-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4730395)
Stuck putting myself at risk cause of course I had to end up with a dental abscess in the middle of this shit. I'm already extremely high risk for dental work because of my condition, now I get to top of possible exposure to COVID with it. Plus can't find a local oral surgeon open, so that's been fun.

dude im pretty sure i have one of those too it sucks lmao i've been poking it with a needle and periodically draining it to relieve the pressure. probably not smart but it works

psychoangel691 05-8-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4730398)
dude im pretty sure i have one of those too it sucks lmao i've been poking it with a needle and periodically draining it to relieve the pressure. probably not smart but it works

Mine is, unfortunately, like in the pulp and I think in my jaw under it at this point so I can't just drain it. I've been on antibiotics but they only do so much. I have to get this stupid tooth out but I have a condition called Hereditary Angioedema and people with my condition die getting shit like a tooth pulled. I'm supposed to have it done in a hospital with special meds blah blah but that's not going to happen with the coronavirus shit so I'm going to have to gamble that I'll be alright because if I leave it in I'll likely end up septic or some shit.

Fuckin sucks

But yeah abscesses are no fun and def be careful with that cause it could spread.

TheSaxRunner05 05-9-2020 12:22 AM

I know many of you are from the US but many of you are not as well. I'd just like to say that the US response has caused thousands of people to die that did not need to. We literally have people saying "well it's just old people" and I want to smack them aside the head. Fake news is spreading everywhere and like 1/3 of the country believes it at face value. It's quite depressing.

Funnygurl555 05-9-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4730402)
I know many of you are from the US but many of you are not as well. I'd just like to say that the US response has caused thousands of people to die that did not need to. We literally have people saying "well it's just old people" and I want to smack them aside the head. Fake news is spreading everywhere and like 1/3 of the country believes it at face value. It's quite depressing.

the plandemic "documentary" is an absolute disaster and i know people who believe that shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 4730367)
Quit smoking, drinking, started doing HIIT and bodyweight exercises in my apartment every day, got much better at cooking, and have been growing my own veggies with a hydroponic setup.

this is really impressive and i'm happy for you man. i also thought you were gay for some reason

Tetris 4 Karmic Debt 05-9-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4730398)

I did the same and it does work but when I finally had enough of it and went to the dentist, the dentist started talking to the assistant about a small puncture wound to the algium blarium or some other dental speak. I bet the assistant just wrote idiot in my file.

DossarLX ODI 05-9-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4730402)

MAGA = Make America Gaslighted, Always

I try looking at the sources for information (e.g. CDC) and talk to people who actually care and invest time looking into this topic. I've found most other places of information are just dumpster fires full of insults.

I've also learned not to take my family (at least my parents) seriously with respect to politics and this situation.

Funnygurl555 06-27-2020 11:33 PM

3 months into this shit, everything's starting to reopen and I get a fever

i had to leave work today and I called in for tmrw already. im getting tested tmrw too. it prolly ain't covid but if it is like lol, really?

edit: im good

Andy_M 09-12-2020 08:28 PM

Does anybody know anyone who has legit had it and not just internet had it.