Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Ninty64 04-17-2011 09:27 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

In multiplayer, will you be able to put restrictions on who enters your room as a player?

midnghtraver 04-17-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3452178)
Only about every 10 post.

Figured.

rushyrulz 04-17-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3452178)
Only about every 10 post.

There should be a button that picks your opponent's song automatically.

Velocity 04-18-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3452215)
There should be a button that picks your opponent's song automatically.

+1 Support.

Too bad the Velocity is lazy nowadays.

TC_Halogen 04-18-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3452256)
+1 Support.

do it for me? <3

Velocity 04-18-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3452267)
do it for me? <3

KnlxYGdqXmRvdCpdZ1xeZnJgXSlrY2sb
Figure it out. I'd get some people on it.

darkshark 04-18-2011 01:12 AM

^

Get out your thinking caps boys and girls.

rushyrulz 04-18-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3452256)
+1 Support.

ikr?

darkshark 04-18-2011 01:18 AM

That's a sweet spud you've got there Velocity.

Velocity 04-18-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshark (Post 3452278)
That's a sweet spud you've got there Velocity.

Did you know... There's a hole in the sky... through which I can fly. QXJlIHlvdSBsaXN0ZW5pbmc/IEhlbGxvLg0KY2QgIi9+dmVsb2NpdHkvIg0KcnVuIGJsYWNrd2ViLnBocCAg

SocoNhydro420 04-18-2011 02:23 PM

Perhaps a "Play last song" option on the home screen of the engine. I find myself clicking "play another song" alot to change preferences like mirror or offset and whatever and have to go back through and pick the same song again. This would be a bit helpful. Also, as far as MP, i think raw score should be the score used to determine a winner, i find that skilled players who have an extremely good PA but miss a note here and there get beaten by mashwhores alot, which affects the "MP lvl portraying the skills of a player" poorly. For example, MP3 consistently beats me in PA and is the better player, but i consistently beat him in MP because i tend to mash a few seconds to get through a part that usually breaks my combo.

Keep up the good work Velocity, the engine is getting better and better with each update ^^. I couldnt stand the original engine at all, and now its fairly acceptable imo.

qqwref 04-18-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocoNhydro420 (Post 3452463)
Perhaps a "Play last song" option on the home screen of the engine. I find myself clicking "play another song" alot to change preferences like mirror or offset and whatever and have to go back through and pick the same song again. This would be a bit helpful.

Actually, if you're using the Velocity engine, you can press Scroll Lock to load up the options menu, without leaving the song screen. So that lets you change preferences and then continue playing the same song with those.

FN_Boski 04-18-2011 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So should the total number of arrows in your gameplay stats for the day include misses?
Misses technically count as arrows (to me) since they are part of the song but you simply... missed it.
So in the picture below, should the total number be 688 instead of 666? Just wonderin'...

Thatskier 04-18-2011 10:16 PM

Ask the other mods, to get a ventrilo so we can live chat.

Yes it costs must but if all mods + admins pool in its cheap.

midnghtraver 04-18-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatskier (Post 3452753)
Ask the other mods, to get a ventrilo so we can live chat.

Yes it costs must but if all mods + admins pool in its cheap.

We already have live chat.... in like 3 places.

G.S.M 04-20-2011 11:16 AM

A small suggestion:

In levelranks is there a way to implement something showing your total number of perfects, goods, averages, misses and boo's from songs? Not much use... but people could shoot for a goal to get x amount of whatever.

rushyrulz 04-20-2011 11:50 AM

Suggestion: Tier point history so you know where your latest tier points came from instead of scrolling through the whole list to try and figure it out. Wouldn't think it would be too hard to code.

devonin 04-20-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S.M (Post 3453330)
A small suggestion:

In levelranks is there a way to implement something showing your total number of perfects, goods, averages, misses and boo's from songs? Not much use... but people could shoot for a goal to get x amount of whatever.

As a Veteran, you should have access to the 'Beta Level Reader" on the sidebar in the game page. It has the functionality you're looking for.

G.S.M 04-21-2011 03:32 AM

Well, no... I don't see that in beta

example:

10 songs, each song has 100 goods, which then shows 1000 goods total on the side.

is what I mean

MarioNintendo 04-21-2011 05:24 AM

A pause button for single player would be a nice option, no?

supermousie 04-21-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3453688)

But wouldn't that throw off your timing?

bballa48 04-21-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

That would totally ruin the integrity of the game.

devonin 04-21-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.S.M (Post 3453683)
Well, no... I don't see that in beta

example:

10 songs, each song has 100 goods, which then shows 1000 goods total on the side.

is what I mean

Oohhhh, you mean you want to see your putative PA across all songs in total by best score?

So if you had AAA'd every song in the game, you'd have a stat like

24500-0-0-0-0 or something?

Gotcha. Yeah that functionality doesn't exist yet. How would you forsee having that stat deal with songs you've never played? All boos? All misses? If they simply don't show up, then there's no real way to -rank- people by this score (And if we made this score visible, people would demand to be ranked by it)

emulord 04-21-2011 09:59 AM

I think all misses is a little extreme. How about just add up the scores for every song to have a "total score". That way, songs you havn't played count as 0, which is about right.

If you're worried that FC's will have too much of an effect, I think counting everyone's total perfect counts would be about the same. That way a person with "most perfects" could be a rank.

I've actually wanted this feature too. Except I wanted it for each difficulty, so I can say "I have 5 goods total on all 7ft songs" or something similar.

rushyrulz 04-21-2011 11:49 AM

That's a good idea^, a different kind of grand total score :)
Seems a little excessive though and would probably just mirror the rankings of avrank. Would be interesting to see anyway :)

Quote:

I can't believe you just suggested this. That would give such a gigantic advantage when you can pauseplaypause really quick and hit all the arrows in a song perfect because you can pause between notes lol.

No.

G.S.M 04-21-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3453735)
I think all misses is a little extreme. How about just add up the scores for every song to have a "total score". That way, songs you havn't played count as 0, which is about right.

If you're worried that FC's will have too much of an effect, I think counting everyone's total perfect counts would be about the same. That way a person with "most perfects" could be a rank.

I've actually wanted this feature too. Except I wanted it for each difficulty, so I can say "I have 5 goods total on all 7ft songs" or something similar.

Now that would be pretty neat.

@dev yeah I look back at it and I should have worded that better

emulord 04-21-2011 01:33 PM

The problem with Avrank is it weights easy and legacy songs really heavily. That one random 3 ft song you havnt gotten around to AAAing can really wreck your rank. This way, PAing long and tough songs would be rewarded more than AAAing easy songs (but that would still help)

qqwref 04-21-2011 03:02 PM

Oh yeah, about the difficulty thing... it would be really neat to have a graph of how many AAAs/FCs you have for each difficulty. Something like this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...photos/282651/

The "total score" thing could be a good idea - how about "total raw score", i.e. the calculated raw score for each score you have, added up? (Equivalently: total perfs*50 + total goods*25 + total avs*5 - total boos*5 - total misses*10.) Then we could have a useful total ranking that wouldn't be too based on FC ability.

emulord 04-21-2011 03:17 PM

Cool pic

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-21-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3453346)
Suggestion: Tier point history so you know where your latest tier points came from instead of scrolling through the whole list to try and figure it out. Wouldn't think it would be too hard to code.

Not hard to code but a waste of time I would think.

TC_Halogen 04-21-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3453857)
Oh yeah, about the difficulty thing... it would be really neat to have a graph of how many AAAs/FCs you have for each difficulty. Something like this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...photos/282651/

That is really awesome looking. +1 if the design looks like that, haha.

bmah 04-25-2011 01:05 AM

I must be slow or something, but is this song preview/demo a new feature? It's not on every song yet, but here's one such example: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=199

Click on "Toggle Display Song Preview".

Are there plans to have this for other songs in the future?

m0de 04-25-2011 01:21 AM

woah that song preview.. never noticed it. interesting.

Velocity 04-25-2011 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3455552)
I must be slow or something, but is this song preview/demo a new feature? It's not on every song yet, but here's one such example: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?level=199

Click on "Toggle Display Song Preview".

Are there plans to have this for other songs in the future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 3455560)
woah that song preview.. never noticed it. interesting.

Your right, there's around 20 songs that have such preview. I need to finish it.

supermousie 04-25-2011 07:43 AM

Quick question Velocity, is there anyone else helping you code?

Zageron 04-25-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3455615)
Quick question Velocity, is there anyone else helping you code?

He has moral support.

Velocity 04-25-2011 12:40 PM

All new flash code is written solely by me.
Random things are often done by me.

BlackWeb will be completely written by me.

justin_ator 04-25-2011 01:11 PM

BlackWeb? Did I miss something?

Velocity 04-25-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3455698)
BlackWeb? Did I miss something?

nope.

Mans0n 04-25-2011 01:20 PM

Lol Velo your so witty

justin_ator 04-25-2011 01:31 PM

What! When did that happen! And why wasn't I notified immediately!?

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-25-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3455705)

Portal refrence is clever bro.

qqwref 04-25-2011 02:44 PM

I'm stuck a few clues into blackweb. Is this gonna be something like the new notffron?

Velocity 04-25-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3455765)
I'm stuck a few clues into blackweb. Is this gonna be something like the new notffron?

It's my method of extending the amount of time I have to work on it before people get to it. People that played notFFRon will have a more likely chance of getting to it.

What are you stuck on?

rushyrulz 04-25-2011 02:57 PM

I thought it would be that easy.

bmah 04-25-2011 02:59 PM

what the hell are you guys talking about

(out of the loop, yet again...)

Velocity 04-25-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3455775)
what the hell are you guys talking about

(out of the loop, yet again...)

go back 8 post.

m0de 04-25-2011 03:11 PM

ITT me and rushy are horrible at figuring out blackweb.php

bmah 04-25-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3455782)
go back 8 post.

Yeah, that's what I'm not getting lol.

What's meant by "It's my method of extending the amount of time I have to work on it before people get to it. People that played notFFRon will have a more likely chance of getting to it." ?

What is the site about anyhow? That's what I don't get. There's a lack of description.

qqwref 04-25-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3455770)
What are you stuck on?

potato rainbow etc

ce1545 04-25-2011 03:33 PM

Hmmm, I guess it's not that easy....

Velocity 04-25-2011 04:30 PM

The idea's employed into the riddle were part of the Portal 2 ARG.

emulord 04-25-2011 04:37 PM

Ugh please don't have these be for tokens. Internet hunting isnt really fun.

qqwref 04-25-2011 04:41 PM

Okay, but is it solvable if I haven't been following the Portal 2 stuff? (Which I haven't.)

Velocity 04-25-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emulord (Post 3455828)
Ugh please don't have these be for tokens. Internet hunting isnt really fun.

Only thing you would need: http://home3.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3455831)
Okay, but is it solvable if I haven't been following the Portal 2 stuff? (Which I haven't.)

Completely.

.Gazelle. 04-25-2011 06:05 PM

Stuck at the second page. ><

supermousie 04-25-2011 08:30 PM

I seriously don't get what's up with blackweb... I suppose you type in things and that takes you to the next page, and consequently the next puzzle? Clever. *slow clap*

justin_ator 04-25-2011 11:04 PM

I'm not a huge fan of things like NotFFRon and from what I can tell BlackWeb, I don't have the patience. I made it to like level 25 or 26 on NotFFRon, and I got bored with it. I'd hope that BlackWeb won't be a legitimate must for anything FFR related, seeing as the focus of this game is arrow smashing. It just seems a little bit off-topic, if you will, to make tokens or achievements for being clever and tech savvy. Not much to do with the actual game..

qqwref 04-25-2011 11:19 PM

Well, if there are going to be tokens for something like notFFRon, I'd prefer that:
- the three support tokens are unlocked with this, and MAYBE vrofl at the end (but only if the FFR admins are not ever planning to do official tournaments again - IMO all tokens should be unlockable, otherwise it turns into "I'm in the awesome club and you're not")
- it's maintained as a serious FFR project, with tokens given out as planned
- more than one person is in charge of the riddles, preferably at least 3 people, so that we don't keep crazy obscure riddles because someone thinks it's not hard
- it's accessible enough that someone who hasn't done these riddles before could theoretically solve it (i.e. shouldn't require already knowing what base64 etc. looks like)

justin_ator 04-25-2011 11:28 PM

I realize that it would be theoretically solvable to people with no knowledge of complex computer or other technical skills, but I just don't entirely agree with the concept of giving out FFR rewards for things pretty much unrelated to FFR and the real point of the game.

Edit:
I realize that these make easy rewards for that, but for the people that are only interested in playing FFR, it doesn't really appeal to have to go through hours of riddles and thinking and searching just to unlock another song to play. And to those of us that like to pursue gathering all the songs, etc., it only makes it that much more annoying. If they are used as rewards, you won't hear me complaining about it or anything, I just don't really agree with it.

Velocity 04-25-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3456078)
I realize that it would be theoretically solvable to people with no knowledge of complex computer or other technical skills, but I just don't entirely agree with the concept of giving out FFR rewards for things pretty much unrelated to FFR and the real point of the game.

Edit:
I realize that these make easy rewards for that, but for the people that are only interested in playing FFR, it doesn't really appeal to have to go through hours of riddles and thinking and searching just to unlock another song to play. And to those of us that like to pursue gathering all the songs, etc., it only makes it that much more annoying. If they are used as rewards, you won't hear me complaining about it or anything, I just don't really agree with it.

umm... The riddle exist for the sake of fun. BlackWeb is no where near completion and has no benefit of going public right now. If people really want to get a sneak peek, it's there choice.

Hell, only about 1/3 of the menu is even done, there's not much to see when you do figure it all out.

Also there's only 2 riddles, one requires a simple decode of the hidden text in the source, while the other is another decode broken out into 7 5 minute steps.

justin_ator 04-25-2011 11:42 PM

I was referring more to NotFFRon at the moment, and was responding to the general statements that people were making. Sorry if I came off as complaining and whining, I have nothing against BlackWeb.

woker-X 04-25-2011 11:49 PM

Suggestion: Make the Token Level Ranks like the public ones so we can see how many goods, averages, etc we have in each song.

TC_Halogen 04-26-2011 12:10 AM

That would be nice to have for everyone.

However, veterans already have that option using the Beta Level Reader.

qqwref 04-26-2011 12:35 AM

The Beta Level Reader is a little awkward, though, and doesn't give stuff like token avrank and nice levelstats.php links. I imagine it wouldn't be TOO much work to get the table code from levelrank.php to work the same way in levelrank_special.php. (Hey, if you give me the phps, I'll do it for ya :p)

EDIT: Here's another one: can someone fix the comments on the older news posts? I know they HAVE comments, but they're unreadable because someone changed the format.

Velocity 04-26-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3456083)
I was referring more to NotFFRon at the moment, and was responding to the general statements that people were making. Sorry if I came off as complaining and whining, I have nothing against BlackWeb.

First one to get the final engine url can post it, or provide hints. Doesn't bother me.

iironiic 04-28-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3434620)
You should make BNS an option on the engine. Like mirror.

Re-suggesting this btw.

Zageron 04-28-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3456316)
First one to get the final engine url can post it, or provide hints. Doesn't bother me.

Why ruin a short and easy puzzle?
:3

nickcool9999 05-6-2011 06:25 PM

Should be a new mod!

So then i glitched the FFR Offline Megapack.

Now i have a no regeneration mod. It's awesome. if you get an average, miss or boo, you lose health, and you can't get health on your healthbar.

frustrating but epic. :smile:
what do you think? :razz:

aperson 05-6-2011 10:55 PM

Like IIDX hard mode, that'd be a fun mode to put in game. I like it.

justin_ator 05-7-2011 12:15 AM

I'm all cool with moving the thread. But did I like violate a rule or something by posting that glitch?

MrPoptart 05-7-2011 01:19 AM

Here's an idea. On Velocity's engine, when I click the "random" button, I don't want it to pick a random song between the two difficulties set directly under it, I want it to pick a random song using the filters I set on the right. So I can play a random, difficulty 9 or 10 song, that I haven't FC'd and isn't a token, for example.

nickcool9999 05-7-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperson (Post 3462794)
Like IIDX hard mode, that'd be a fun mode to put in game. I like it.

Are you referring to my mod? =D

FN_Boski 05-7-2011 12:10 PM

Re: Should be a new mod!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickcool9999 (Post 3462688)
So then i glitched the FFR Offline Megapack.

Now i have a no regeneration mod. It's awesome. if you get an average, miss or boo, you lose health, and you can't get health on your healthbar.

frustrating but epic. :smile:
what do you think? :razz:

I give +1 to this idea.
Definitely a way to improve on songs.
Or to maybe also implement it into MP to stop button smashers that beat ya merely by obtaining a higher combo or as an endurance mode in a sense to see who can last in a song the longest if it's say a FGO / FSO song.

nickcool9999 05-7-2011 12:23 PM

Re: Should be a new mod!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FN_Boski (Post 3463010)
I give +1 to this idea.
Definitely a way to improve on songs.
Or to maybe also implement it into MP to stop button smashers that beat ya merely by obtaining a higher combo or as an endurance mode in a sense to see who can last in a song the longest if it's say a FGO / FSO song.

purrfect =3

igotrhythm 05-7-2011 07:59 PM

+1 to the "no recover" option as long as it stays exactly that: An option.

That'll teach people like me not to mash Death Piano...wait. >>;

SocoNhydro420 05-9-2011 02:23 PM

I agree with igotrythum, the option would be fantastic if its just an option.
But you should definatly make MP scoring based on raw score! :>

YoshL 05-9-2011 03:49 PM

A global offset thing would be really awesome. sort of like what sm-ssc lets you do with the calibration thing.

ScarletSky 05-9-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocoNhydro420 (Post 3464334)
I agree with igotrythum, the option would be fantastic if its just an option.
But you should definatly make MP scoring based on raw score! :>

They did actually. Who wins in a MP match isn't based on who was the highest combo anymore. And I love the new system. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3456078)

Edit:

I suck balls at NotFFRon myself. I don't know all the backstory to the site and whatnot since I wasn't around for it, so a lot of the puzzles I have to use hints or have someone outright give me the answer.
I stopped playing it for just that reason, never made it past Q15.

rushyrulz 05-9-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletSky (Post 3464411)
They did actually. Who wins in a MP match isn't based on who was the highest combo anymore. And I love the new system. :D

uh..? Someone confirm/deny this plz.