Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Oct 16] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140927)

PrawnSkunk 10-1-2015 12:04 AM

Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Oct 1]

Skill Rating v2 and the updated Global Leaderboards have been released!

Here's a snapshot of the change in positioning among the top 20 players:

badman7772 10-1-2015 12:20 AM

I actually like this. It's like we're straying further away from FCing songs for ranking rather than FC and get skill rating. I might do a session tomorrow to maybe try to level up. :P FFRPG here we go.

PrawnSkunk 10-1-2015 12:29 AM

I forgot to include token songs in the script, so expect ranks to shuffle around over the next 24 hours!

noname219 10-1-2015 01:26 AM

Reporting that there's a few users' leaderboards that cannot be loaded upon request, i.e. : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...name=Nishachan

Those in the top 300 :
55 Kattykitty
92 FFRxkitty
118 Rowanster107
160 Legenb
272 TN_shikamaru

edit : something that would be quite cool is a drop-down menu where you can choose rankings by country/regions (currently impossible for us. states or canadian provinces, I would like to see that)

YoshL 10-1-2015 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4363992)
I forgot to include token songs in the script, so expect ranks to shuffle around over the next 24 hours!

A+, please let us know when this is all done as well, the fpp was great

Rapta 10-1-2015 06:00 AM

Make the top whatever scores that are counted toward your rank a slightly different color in the leader board? I think it used to be the top four that would have been a different color but now top 15 songs?

AragakiAyase 10-1-2015 06:38 AM

My TTE score counts for something now :D

_Zenith_ 10-1-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4364024)
Make the top whatever scores that are counted toward your rank a slightly different color in the leader board? I think it used to be the top four that would have been a different color but now top 15 songs?

There was no distinguishing color between top 4 scores and leaderboard before the change, and it remained the same way after the change. There is no need for the color.

Also this is quite a huge leap for development and I'm extremely happy to have woken up and saw this as I immediately landed on the front page. Big ups to Max, Trumpet, and Arcn for the work done!

Like I said in FPP, even though I went from 15 -> 18, that number doesn't matter compared to the updated Skill Rating (and fuck yes, thank you for adding an EXP system).

Rapta 10-1-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4364029)
There was no distinguishing color between top 4 scores and leaderboard before the change, and it remained the same way after the change. There is no need for the color.

Also this is quite a huge leap for development and I'm extremely happy to have woken up and saw this as I immediately landed on the front page. Big ups to Max, Trumpet, and Arcn for the work done!

Like I said in FPP, even though I went from 15 -> 18, that number doesn't matter compared to the updated Skill Rating (and fuck yes, thank you for adding an EXP system).

You're right, we don't really need it, but I think it would be easier to distinguish the top 15 scores if they were more distinguishable.

PrawnSkunk 10-1-2015 09:12 AM

I've received a few reports that the R^3 standalone is not loading on versions of Flash Player older than 10.0. I’ll get arcnmx to address this as soon as possible! :)

mrpreggers 10-1-2015 09:27 AM

you poopy head now i have to play ffr again aarrghh

The_Halomaster 10-1-2015 12:00 PM

Lol this is pretty hype, but all these mathematical equations make my head hurt xD

Does this all just translate to "AAA the longest and hardest songs you can to show your true rank" And all the other rankings before, will they be made redundant? (Avergae, grand total etc)

I'm guessing not since you can still sort by those in the rank section. Somewhat exciting times, though a little confusing on the quickest way to get above that person who's just above you in ranking >=)

PhantomPuppy 10-1-2015 12:04 PM

woah, really great work to prawn and the rest of the crew :D

SKG_Scintill 10-1-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Halomaster (Post 4364053)
AAA the longest and hardest songs you can to show your true rank

The way I saw it was "Get the lowest amount of goods on as high a difficulty you can; better choose a short song"

The_Halomaster 10-1-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4364062)
The way I saw it was "Get the lowest amount of goods on as high a difficulty you can; better choose a short song"

Well yeah, I guess if we're going with "what's the easiest way to get the highest rank with your abilities"

I think it's best not to get tooooo wrapped up in le stats though. Most players who have been hitting arrows for a while know how good they are and roughly how well they expect to do on a song. Of course, we all have mindblocks (damn you {rose} ¬_¬) and songs that we're just not good at.

It does give everything a greater level of competition feeling though >=)

TheSaxRunner05 10-1-2015 08:12 PM

I like the new set up, I feel like my top scores listed now are better indicators of my skill. Also, going to the top 15 scores makes more sense.

PrawnSkunk 10-1-2015 08:21 PM

Fixed levelranks and leaderboard updates generating different skill ratings.

One Winged Angel 10-1-2015 08:31 PM

Could you post the percentages that each of your 15 top scores contribute to your level and exp? I know either you or trumpet sent it to me on skype last week but we all know I'm far too lazy to pull it up (and there's probably a couple people here that wanna see)

Ty (bartlett)

PrawnSkunk 10-1-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one winged angel (Post 4364145)
could you post the percentages that each of your 15 top scores contribute to your level and exp? I know either you or trumpet sent it to me on skype last week but we all know i'm far too lazy to pull it up (and there's probably a couple people here that wanna see)

ty (bartlett)

Here you go!
Code:

#1 ---- 24.04%
#2 ---- 18.60%
#3 ---- 14.35%
#4 ---- 11.05%
#5 ---- 8.48%
#6 ---- 6.47%
#7 ---- 4.91%
#8 ---- 3.70%
#9 ---- 2.75%
#10 --- 2.02%
#11 --- 1.44%
#12 --- 0.99%
#13 --- 0.65%
#14 --- 0.38%
#15 --- 0.17%

EtienneSM 10-2-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4364145)
Could you post the percentages that each of your 15 top scores contribute to your level and exp? I know either you or trumpet sent it to me on skype last week but we all know I'm far too lazy to pull it up (and there's probably a couple people here that wanna see)

Ty (bartlett)

Yeah, this would help for me too, given that I have no clue what my scores are past my top 5 lmao