Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

noname219 08-17-2013 12:57 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Was about to reply on the Macbook Pro thread : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...44#post3960244

but

Only happened there. edit : happens on other thread in Bits and Bytes

edit2 : crap, meant to post this in Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

noname219 08-29-2013 05:03 PM

Would it be a good idea to have a page for each artist we currently have in the game ?

For example, when you go to the FFR Song List, you can click on any author and there's an external link that pops up. (to their website, facebook, myspace, etc.)
I'm proposing to make those into internal links, so we can set up a profile with additional information : multiple links, formation/birth date, small biography, promotional picture, etc.

It would serve as a better promotional platform than what's currently in place. It would also be easier to change the link if the artist has a lot of songs. (atm, the admins need to change them one at a time I believe)

emulord 09-11-2013 04:41 PM

Can forum posts (non garbage bin) help count for Veteran status? I think people with 2000 posts and 1 billion points and 3 years are qualified to be veterans, they're just more of a forum-goer than a player.

TheSaxRunner05 09-11-2013 05:31 PM

I don't like encouraging spam.

Zapmeister 09-18-2013 04:17 PM

So today's my first FFR cakeday, and I logged in excitedly in hopeful anticipation of the great prizes that would be bestowed upon me by this glorious website itself... only for my emotions to crash anticlimactically as it dawned upon me that I had got nothing. I feel betrayed :(

I suggest that the site dispenses out free credits to everyone on their registration anniversaries as a loyalty measure, and have the amount of free credits related to activity on the site in the last year or something to prevent alt-account abuse. Thoughts?

it's my ffr cakeday i'm posting this just for attention

edit: nooooo my post got bottompaged. screw everyone

yo man im awesome 09-18-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3952735)
a replay deletion suggestion:

Use checkboxes to delete multiple replays at a time. Having to go through a bunch of replays one at a time because there's a few replays you want to keep takes a fuckload of a long time.

*cough*

bandit212 09-27-2013 02:07 PM

Not really sure if this is the right thread, but I think we should add M1dy - Speedcore Dandy into the stepfiles. Its just a song that has to be in there. Just a suggestion. :D

TC_Halogen 09-27-2013 06:07 PM

We don't have permission for m1dy, and if I'm not mistaken, users have tried and failed to obtain permission.

foxfire667 10-3-2013 08:41 PM

Just a heads up regarding forum post listings on Velocity profiles, the dates given for the posts are pulled from the date the thread was created (instead of the date the user posted). I'm unsure if this is intentional or not, but it seems like far less useful information than what I would assume should be there (when the user posted). It differs from the legacy profiles though, and the view all posts by user section as well, which all use dates of the poster (where legacy tells how long ago from the present the post was made, and all posts by user actually lists the date).

Either way, I'd suggest altering it so the dates shown next to the recent posts are actually the dates the user made the post on. Otherwise the dates column is pretty much useless

Xiz 10-15-2013 12:29 PM

I've been doing a bunch of permission get's over the past few months, and there are many record labels / individual artists who have trouble getting to the game.

It's been said countless times, but really though, It's time.

Let's update the homepage, and you know, put R^3 on there or something smart.

SC_coolguy44 10-15-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3983149)
We don't have permission for m1dy, and if I'm not mistaken, users have tried and failed to obtain permission.

I think it was something to do with him having a contract with Konami or something like that.

justin_ator 10-15-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 3997032)
I've been doing a bunch of permission get's over the past few months, and there are many record labels / individual artists who have trouble getting to the game.

It's been said countless times, but really though, It's time.

Let's update the homepage, and you know, put R^3 on there or something smart.

Tha truth

Gradiant 10-19-2013 04:21 AM

Would it be possible to make token songs be able to be put in the 'Top 10 Level Stats' on one's profile?
Currently, only public songs can be put on there.

SputnikOwns 12-17-2013 09:18 AM

You should be able to change your username if you've been active for 5 or 6 years. xD

YoshL 12-17-2013 09:23 AM

this has been addressed many times: because of the way the database and scoring is set up, it's not as easy as "click to change username!"

TheSaxRunner05 12-17-2013 10:16 AM

We should have some tokens using the (somewhat) new P-G-A-M-B info at the bottom of the level ranks, or even the %'s of perfects hit in the game, etc

Pseudo Enigma 12-19-2013 02:36 PM

just noticed the Recently Played/Watch Replay. Very nice job. (didn't want to make a thread about that.)

Frederic54 12-19-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 4046482)
just noticed the Recently Played/Watch Replay. Very nice job. (didn't want to make a thread about that.)

Yep, just noticed that a few days ago, cool feature !

Also wut ? www.flashflashrevolution.com/arc

African Anger 01-10-2014 07:26 AM

don't make reporting profiles a vet-only feature how badly was this abused in the past to make this a thing

SputnikOwns 01-10-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by African Anger (Post 4057583)
don't make reporting profiles a vet-only feature how badly was this abused in the past to make this a thing

As if veterans have some sort of superior set of ethics. xD