Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bugs that don't deserve their own thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120849)

arcnmx 06-7-2014 09:15 PM

Re: Bugs that don't deserve their own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4147210)
Ever since the new R^3 update, every song I finish ends up saving a replay without me doing so.

It should say "Replay saved to history (press F2)", but not actually save it to the site. R^3 has been doing this for a long time but the popup was added in the latest update.

Is it not doing that for you, and actually uploading every single one of your plays?

SK8R43 06-8-2014 09:27 AM

Just wondering, why havent songs that i have mentioned that dont have the 3 second pause in the beginning that lag been fixed yet? Its kinda irratating playing them with it like that, and its multiple songs.

rushyrulz 06-8-2014 12:56 PM

MP scores intermittently don't record (win/loss isn't recorded)

Velocity 06-8-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4147428)
MP scores intermittently don't record (win/loss isn't recorded)

MP scoring should be disabled on Universal due to it crashing MP.

XCV 06-8-2014 09:43 PM

Dance2 and Misc can't fit inside 18 R3 pages any longer. Going from page n to page n+1 skips three or four songs.

Xtreme2252 06-8-2014 09:44 PM

Yukitsuki-yashou goes silent near the beginning of the song on R3 engine, and also 0MGWTFBBQ token isn't available for play in R3

rushyrulz 07-3-2014 12:15 PM

Credit transactions link is missing from the front page.

rushyrulz 07-5-2014 11:54 PM

Skill Token #46, ~Absolute Zero~ is not achievable on the R^3 engine since a score of 0 will not record.

cedolad 07-9-2014 06:21 PM

Sort of hit an interesting bug today. As I was quitting a song, I believe I may have double tapped the button, and whilst the second hit was registering, I hit the restart button. Well I ended up at the song menu while the audio for the file I was just playing was streaming.

Not sure if I can duplicate it again, but it was pretty cool to have menu music lol

cedolad 07-9-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4160025)
Credit transactions link is missing from the front page.

Look in the FFR Shop.

Hakulyte 07-9-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4162462)
Sort of hit an interesting bug today. As I was quitting a song, I believe I may have double tapped the button, and whilst the second hit was registering, I hit the restart button. Well I ended up at the song menu while the audio for the file I was just playing was streaming.

Can re-create this 100% by double-tapping restart key quickly followed by quit shortcut. Not sure if it's worth being fixed, it feels like an hidden jukebox feature to me lol.

The first few seconds of Purple Drank audio seems to derp before replacing itself, not sure if something happened on conversion.

ExacerbatE 07-9-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4162462)

Not sure if I can duplicate it again, but it was pretty cool to have menu music lol

This actually happened to me as well not more than a day or two ago, I kept hitting quit and restart back and forth as fast as I could.

cedolad 07-9-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4162539)
Can re-create this 100% by double-tapping restart key quickly followed by quit shortcut. Not sure if it's worth being fixed, it feels like an hidden jukebox feature to me lol.

The first few seconds of Purple Drank audio seems to derp before replacing itself, not sure if something happened on conversion.

That's why I had said interesting haha, I dig it. I like being able to have a hidden jukebox feature.

Xyr0 07-9-2014 11:21 PM

up up down down left right left right b a start

Overdone 07-23-2014 02:55 PM

Unsure if this is a bug, but my arrow keys will not register 3 of more arrows at once when i press them in time. I have lost many multipliers to this issue. Please let me know if there's a similar problem or solution found by any of you fine people=)

PrawnSkunk 07-23-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdone (Post 4169814)
Unsure if this is a bug, but my arrow keys will not register 3 of more arrows at once when i press them in time. I have lost many multipliers to this issue. Please let me know if there's a similar problem or solution found by any of you fine people=)

The problem you are encountering is known as "ghosting". This site explains the phenomenon, and features a tool where you can keep testing key combinations until you find a setup that registers all four keys at once: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscie...explained.mspx

Or, alternatively buy an "anti-ghosting" keyboard, like the K120 from walmart for $12.

SK8R43 07-23-2014 04:10 PM

K120 isnt anti ghosting. Regardless its a GREAT kb for only $10-13 depending on where you live. :)

cedolad 08-14-2014 05:53 PM

Been forgetting to mention this:

This file doesn't have audio.

qqwref 08-14-2014 07:55 PM

Audio for portions of this stepfile has been muted as it appears to contain copyrighted content owned or controlled by a third party. oops that's twitch.tv sorry

blindreper1179 08-14-2014 09:58 PM

the levelrank compare page doesn't work for me. :(

andy-o24 08-24-2014 07:14 PM

Can't view legendary threads without TGB access card. Seems kind of silly that threads that haven't necessarily come from TGB can't be viewed without access to the forum. Legendary threads are usually good for a laugh or some nostalgia, but TGB is not the place for everyone. I would like people to be able to view legendary threads without having to have access to TGB in it's entirety.

-o24

llyair 09-11-2014 07:13 PM

Just wanted to point out the misspelling of "occurred"~

When I come across the Profile Chat box and am not logged in, the dialog says "An Error has Occured - Please signin to use Chat".

Come to think of it, "sign in" could be two words instead of one.

sickufully 09-18-2014 08:31 PM

It seems atm that people's names are disappearing from the Regional Ranks. The only thing that I can think of that could be causing this is whenever people sign up for the 10th Official Tournament. My name disappeared from the ranks the second after I signed up but I logged out and back in again and my name was back.

Initially, I was rank 7 and then moved up to 6th which I thought maybe a user got banned but then Popsicle_3000 also disappeared from 2nd or 3rd spot and I moved up again. It has also happened to other regions too.

Charu 09-25-2014 10:58 AM

Is it just me, or am I not able to see invisible users anymore? I don't recall ever turning it off, if it was a feature for Veterans.

foxfire667 09-27-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4206784)
Is it just me, or am I not able to see invisible users anymore? I don't recall ever turning it off, if it was a feature for Veterans.

This is not a bug, it was recently changed so that Veterans can no longer see invisible users.

Charu 09-27-2014 12:45 PM

Whaaaaaaat, that's lame. Oh well, I guess. =/

Kanzas 09-27-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llyair (Post 4198808)
Just wanted to point out the misspelling of "occurred"~

When I come across the Profile Chat box and am not logged in, the dialog says "An Error has Occured - Please signin to use Chat".

Come to think of it, "sign in" could be two words instead of one.

Not even a bug, just poor typing mistakes.

I don't think people care. lol

Gradiant 09-27-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzas (Post 4207892)
Not even a bug, just poor typing mistakes.

I don't think people care. lol

That's the point of this thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3554672)
This thread is for bugs or errors you find that don't deserve their own thread. Examples would be spelling mistakes, minor alignment errors on pages, etc.

Kanzas 09-27-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4207894)
That's the point of this thread.

Are typos now considered "bugs" then? If so, when was that declared?
It's not like the spelling errors only happen sometimes, and then every now and again is magically spelled correctly. It has always been like that. So, therefore, based on this information. Not a bug.

ilikexd 09-27-2014 01:48 PM

It's not a bug, it's an error, and this thread is for bugs and errors.

There are a few other typos in places around this site, for example under Recent Photos on profiles it will say "No Photo's to display." if there user has no photos.

TC_Halogen 09-27-2014 02:08 PM

The thread states that spelling errors are something to be posted in here, so things like what llyair have posted are perfectly valid posts to make.

Being that those two situations are Profile Chat related, I don't foresee them being fixed anytime soon (a. they're extremely minor and b. well -- gl finding a not-busy-dev).

sickufully 10-11-2014 04:24 AM

This happened to me just before. Can't chat nor close someones banner if I click their name. Not sure if it's just my browser settings or has something to do with FFR. If anyone could give me a hand fixing this, that'd be much appreciated.

ilikexd 10-11-2014 04:28 AM

Happens to me too. I can only type if I zoom in the page.

Tim Allen 10-11-2014 04:57 AM

deaph was having the same issue too

rayword45 10-11-2014 11:19 AM

I haven't been able to register scores on R^2 using 3 different computers. Velocity and R^3 always work fine.

Is this a bug, or is this deliberate? And if this is deliberate, could we please get The Wisest and OMGWTFT0K3N back on that engine?

MarcusHawkins 10-11-2014 11:25 AM

When I use my school organization account on my chromebook, THE PLAYLIST WON'T LOAD on ALL THREE ENGINES! WTF? Any reason of as to why this happens?

Thanks,
Marcus Hawkins

SK8R43 10-11-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4088536)
Can the start of Fuse Gymnast, the earth blew up v2, and purple drank PLEASE be fixed? I have to restart an unnecessary amount of times just to aaa the first arrows of each of them... lol

Pretty sure theirs 1-2 more but cant remember.

Pretty please?

Zageron 10-11-2014 12:08 PM

Oh I think I might know why. I'll take a look momentarily. Thanks.

Edit: My context was out here. I don't know anything about the song loading problem.

Zageron 10-11-2014 12:31 PM

I've fixed chat not showing up properly on profiles.

bmah 10-11-2014 01:37 PM

Regarding the song loading problem, I believe that has to do with a particular attribute of the mp3, and what that attribute is exactly I cannot remember. It might've been the sample rate, in which you need to change the number of hertz (Hz), then save the mp3 and reload the file. It was an issue that Jae/nois-or-e fixed in the past. Anyone who attempts to fix the mp3 though must also make sure the file is still on-sync of course.

MarcusHawkins 10-14-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4215428)
Regarding the song loading problem, I believe that has to do with a particular attribute of the mp3, and what that attribute is exactly I cannot remember. It might've been the sample rate, in which you need to change the number of hertz (Hz), then save the mp3 and reload the file. It was an issue that Jae/nois-or-e fixed in the past. Anyone who attempts to fix the mp3 though must also make sure the file is still on-sync of course.

That's supposed to be my answer?
Does anybody ELSE have a REAL answer? This is starting to get OBNOXIOUS!!

EzExZeRo7497 10-14-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4216944)

bmah is referring to what SK8R43 said, no need to be rude.

___________ 10-14-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

This is starting to get OBNOXIOUS!!

BilliumMoto 10-14-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

You're obnoxious. Shut up.

Also, the school's equipment is probably blocking the ffr engines.

The_Halomaster 10-14-2014 03:26 PM

Not sure if this is old, well known, or just for me, but I thought I'd post here anyway since, unless this really is a silly query, I didn't get a response about it.

My stats aren't updating when browsing in the forum section of the website as they would normally do when I browse other sections of the website. Can this be fixed easily or...?

Velocity 10-14-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Halomaster (Post 4217097)
Not sure if this is old, well known, or just for me, but I thought I'd post here anyway since, unless this really is a silly query, I didn't get a response about it.

My stats aren't updating when browsing in the forum section of the website as they would normally do when I browse other sections of the website. Can this be fixed easily or...?

You're using a development theme on the forums that uses a snapshot of the live data. Because of this, the stats shown are that of the last dev snapshot and not the current values.

If you want the forum to show your current stats, you'll have to switch back to the normal theme here.

The_Halomaster 10-14-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 4217100)
You're using a development theme on the forums that uses a snapshot of the live data. Because of this, the stats shown are that of the last dev snapshot and not the current values.

If you want the forum to show your current stats, you'll have to switch back to the normal theme here.

Perfect, I thought it would be something like that. Thanks very much =3
A little stat inaccuracy is worth having a purple forum ^_^

MarcusHawkins 10-14-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 4216960)
bmah is referring to what SK8R43 said, no need to be rude.

Actually, there is a need. This has been going on for quite a while, and I'm annoyed that NO ONE said a solution! I'll be calmer, and ok if SOMEONE finds a solution, but until then, i won't! So, yeah.

MarcusHawkins 10-14-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BilliumMoto (Post 4216985)
You're obnoxious. Shut up.

Also, the school's equipment is probably blocking the ffr engines.

Cool for the first part, and I don't know about the second part, because I don't think that's the case.

_Zenith_ 10-14-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4217251)
Actually, there is a need. This has been going on for quite a while, and I'm annoyed that NO ONE said a solution! I'll be calmer, and ok if SOMEONE finds a solution, but until then, i won't! So, yeah.

Seriously calm down. No need to start throwing a fit because Bmah did give an answer on how to fix it.

Like Ez said, absolutely no reason to be rude.

bmah 10-14-2014 08:30 PM

@MarcusHawkins: with the amount of detail you gave, I can only guess that your school may not have installed Adobe Flash on your computers. Considering how Flash isn't needed to function the internet, your school may have not downloaded and/or disabled it. If this isn't the answer to your problem, then you need to provide some more details.

MarcusHawkins 10-15-2014 09:06 AM

Ok, I have two accounts on my chromebook. I have my own account and my school account. With my own account, the playlist works just fine in all situations. With my school account, the playlist won't load no matter what situation I'm in, whether it's home, or school, it just won't load. Also, this goes whether it's blocked or unblocked, so I'm really concerned about that. Also, Flash works just fine for both my own and school account. This started one day, and continued for quite a few weeks going up to today. Before that, the playlist loaded fine on my school account. I can't give anymore info than this.

DossarLX ODI 10-16-2014 08:44 PM

The url for the "Latest Forum Posts" tab is wrong. It should just be changed to FFR Forums and to http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php

PrawnSkunk 10-17-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4218746)
The url for the "Latest Forum Posts" tab is wrong. It should just be changed to FFR Forums and to http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php

Fixed, thanks.

MarcusHawkins 10-18-2014 11:06 AM

ok, seriously. is someone going to give me an answer or what?
can you at least TELL ME that i'm not getting an answer?
I get angry when no one tells me, or gives me a response to my situation.
*sigh* Come on, guys. *smh*

Tim Allen 10-18-2014 12:28 PM

you aren't getting an answer

Netjet! 10-18-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4219479)
ok, seriously. is someone going to give me an answer or what?
can you at least TELL ME that i'm not getting an answer?
I get angry when no one tells me, or gives me a response to my situation.
*sigh* Come on, guys. *smh*

what makes you think people will help you if your attitude is consistently belligerent?

Also if it's only the school account, check and see if any settings have been tweaked recently by your administration (assuming they can do that). Maybe they changed some settings either for the internet browser or for the computer in general

bmah 10-18-2014 05:08 PM

MarcusHawkins, it seems like an issue on your computer's end, and from that I can only guess as to what's happening - as opposed to an issue on our end. If you can access your browser's internet option settings, then take a look at that. There may be some increased security or certain programs blocked. Flash may not have been blocked before, but check if it is now. That's pretty much all I can suggest.

ItsOnlyDanO 10-18-2014 05:20 PM

I don't know if anyone else is getting this, but whenever I try to go on the ffr homepage, this appears.

If I try and load other page on ffr, it takes over a minute to load it (no other websites I usually visit are affected, they all load at their usual speeds)

I don't know if anyone else is having this, or that its related in anyway to the server maintenance that has been occurring over the last few days but I thought I would bring it up to see if it's just a problem on my end.

bmah 10-18-2014 06:44 PM

The slow loading of the site over the past 24 hours has to do with one of the specialized servers not responding. It's currently being resolved on the back end, if it hasn't already.

MarcusHawkins 10-19-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4219563)
MarcusHawkins, it seems like an issue on your computer's end, and from that I can only guess as to what's happening - as opposed to an issue on our end. If you can access your browser's internet option settings, then take a look at that. There may be some increased security or certain programs blocked. Flash may not have been blocked before, but check if it is now. That's pretty much all I can suggest.

Thanks for the response! I'll take a look at that! :)

SK8R43 10-20-2014 09:46 AM

Just wondering, why doesnt MP work on legacy anymore? Mp was my friend :/

justin_ator 10-20-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4220211)
Just wondering, why doesnt MP work on legacy anymore? Mp was my friend :/

Front page post?

SK8R43 10-20-2014 03:43 PM

It hasnt worked in ages for me, at least 6 months id say.

choof 10-20-2014 04:35 PM

was there a stealth update to r^3, I had to change my offset back to 14/15 as opposed to 2/3 (which I've been using on this computer ever since I started playing on it)

Zapmeister 10-22-2014 02:52 PM

reverse mod on r^3 doesn't reverse the chart, only the song. this didn't used to happen.

MarcusHawkins 10-23-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4219563)

I checked my internet settings, everything seems to be working fine. Anything else, you may suggest?

bmah 10-24-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins (Post 4222326)
I checked my internet settings, everything seems to be working fine. Anything else, you may suggest?

Can't think of anything else, sorry.

Xiz 10-27-2014 12:40 PM

My OCD is freaking out right now. Aaaaaahhhh

noname219 10-27-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4224877)
My OCD is freaking out right now. Aaaaaahhhh

ilikexd 11-1-2014 04:41 AM

When deleting a video from the video DB instead of being redirected to your list of uploaded videos you are redirected to a blank page at videos/manage.php?d=(videoID).

DossarLX ODI 11-2-2014 06:55 PM

I haven't encountered this error before using R^3, but considering it's happened to a few players that is enough to bring it up as a serious bug. Small edited snippet of the bug:
Quote:

[6:31:01 PM] Rob: ERROR: SONG MAY NOT RECORD
[6:31:57 PM] Mikey Z. [~Zeta~]: if any sort of score (even a 0-0-10-0 failed start) doesn't get sent, it spams that fucking message forever
This message supposedly pops up during a song and lags the engine which interferes with ingame plays. I'm not sure what criteria the engine uses to determine this (ping requests or whatever) but it should not happen during gameplay.

Also I should clarify that a bug, in broadest terms, can refer to a piece of functionality that shouldn't be there. This piece of functionality should not happen during playing a song.

Velocity 11-2-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 4227792)
I haven't encountered this error before using R^3, but considering it's happened to a few players that is enough to bring it up as a serious bug. Small edited snippet of the bug:

This message supposedly pops up during a song and lags the engine which interferes with ingame plays. I'm not sure what criteria the engine uses to determine this (ping requests or whatever) but it should not happen during gameplay.

Also I should clarify that a bug, in broadest terms, can refer to a piece of functionality that shouldn't be there. This piece of functionality should not happen during playing a song.

It's part of the song start request when it fails, though it shouldn't really lag the engine. I'll look into disabling it.

rayword45 11-8-2014 09:14 AM

Seriously, ffs, someone please tell, is R^2 deliberately disabled when it comes to saving scores?

If this is the case, can we please reinstate OMGWTFT0K3N and The Wisest Were Wrong on that engine? I'd like to play those files without the gimmicks and it's understandable that they're disabled on R^3 but if the scores aren't saving I see no harm in putting them on that engine.

Velocity 11-8-2014 10:59 AM

I fixed the saving on R^2, just no one bothered to ever report it not working till now.

rayword45 11-8-2014 11:05 AM

..Damnit that's actually disappointing lol I wanted to play those two files gimmick free

Pretentious 11-20-2014 11:41 AM

I don't know if its been posted before, but the "turn sounds off" function in prochat don't work. buzzes still buzz. Is this going to be fixed?

vengefullangel 11-28-2014 10:13 PM

The strawberry token is no longer unlockable, the connecting link got taken over by someone else.

Tim Allen 11-28-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretentious (Post 4235388)
I don't know if its been posted before, but the "turn sounds off" function in prochat don't work. buzzes still buzz. Is this going to be fixed?

i really hope not