Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Super Smash Bros Ultimate: What'll be ur main mate? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150317)

DaBackpack 08-30-2019 08:45 PM

Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate: What'll be ur main mate?

I'll be getting this soon and I'm gonna main Pac-Man because I like fucking with people.

SubaruPoptart 08-30-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4696238)
I'll be getting this soon and I'm gonna main Pac-Man because I like fucking with people.

OH YEAH Pac-Man's also a fun one. I love usin the hydrant to try to hit it into the other people. I also found out that the bell existed so that's fun too. If I didn't main swords I'd PROBABLY main Pac-Man in all honesty.

hi19hi19 08-30-2019 10:18 PM

Speaking of swords, why'd they have to go and kill Corrin

Every move just feels so bad compared to when I mained her in Sm4sh, I know pin was giga nerfed but even basic fair ladders feel worse.
I'm still waiting for Kurogane Hammer to finish Ultimate so I can see what the hell is going on :/

EDIT- https://ultimateframedata.com/corrin.php
Nice someone else has it now
fair startup 2 frames later feels so bad and damn rip pin

DarkZtar 08-30-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4696238)

Just play Isabelle if you want to fuck with people lol.

Also @hi19 corrin used to be worse, dtilt -> utilt didnt combo properly first couple patches of the game's release, shes actually a bit better now.

hi19hi19 08-30-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZtar (Post 4696246)
dtilt -> utilt didnt combo properly first couple patches of the game's release, shes actually a bit better now.

fucking really lol

back to Incineroar :sun:

DarkZtar 08-30-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4696247)
fucking really lol

back to Incineroar :sun:

Shes honestly a decent char if you still want to pick her up tbh. her uair is like one of the best anti-airs in the game, up-b out of shield option is a super strong punish/pin still being dumb strong in a lot of situations.

hi19hi19 08-30-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZtar (Post 4696248)
Shes honestly a decent char if you still want to pick her up tbh. her uair is like one of the best anti-airs in the game, up-b out of shield option is a super strong punish/pin still being dumb strong in a lot of situations.

Yeah I probably could, it's just hard to unlearn some Sm4sh muscle memory when a character feels just a little bit off, compared to learning a new character.
At least I know Incineroar is a meme character and can embrace it, playing Corrin just makes me miss Sm4sh...

If I get a Switch I'd probably put some thought into re-learning Corrin vs. picking up Palutena seriously but for now, its Tony the Tiger time

DarkZtar 08-30-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4696249)
Yeah I probably could, it's just hard to unlearn some Sm4sh muscle memory when a character feels just a little bit off, compared to learning a new character.
At least I know Incineroar is a meme character and can embrace it, playing Corrin just makes me miss Sm4sh...

If I get a Switch I'd probably put some thought into re-learning Corrin vs. picking up Palutena seriously but for now, its Tony the Tiger time

Ya I feel you. I mained rosalina back in sm4sh and... yeah.
Palu is actually one of my mains in ultimate, at least for now. nair-planing people will never get old.

Charu 08-30-2019 11:02 PM

So the last time I posted in this thread (besides responding to dingles) was when the game came out.

Honestly, no idea who the F I main. I hover around a lot of characters, but I'm apparently the best with Ridley, so I guess that's my main?

I've dabbled into:

Young Link
Bowser
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Duck Hunt

and of course, Ridley

I'd say I'm pretty okay with all the ones I've dabbled into.

choof 08-30-2019 11:07 PM

corrin's up-b recently got buffed didn't it, iirc it has more vertical AND horizontal distance now
corrin is the only character I've hit elite smash with but I didn't play at all during my playthrough of fire emblem so I got rusty and now I'm out of it. if I'm playing 2v2 or ffa online I tend to pick g&w, it's so satisfying punishing a spammy samus or ness. a lot of ppl seem to dislike his fair but i love playing mind games with it

Dinglesberry 08-31-2019 02:45 AM

jeez im elite smash on every character lolz im a bit rusty tho my b (i literally spent like 2 months grinding every single character to elite level since theyre all basically the same anyways also im not actually rusty)

u can literally hit elite smash by being able to SHFFL in melee and just spamming short hop aerials lul

time for choof to yell at me ;3

Dinglesberry 08-31-2019 02:49 AM

i wanna say i main ice climbers cause desycning is fun but idk i also play alot of snake (cuz mine/bomb combos are fun af) and lucina cause its basically a knock off melee marth, but my true main is simon/richter even tho theyre pretty bad and spammy, ive always wanted a belmont to be in smash so i play em anyways

choof 08-31-2019 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4696264)
jeez im elite smash on every character lolz im a bit rusty tho my b (i literally spent like 2 months grinding every single character to elite level since theyre all basically the same anyways also im not actually rusty)

u can literally hit elite smash by being able to SHFFL in melee and just spamming short hop aerials lul

ya in theory but in practice i can't spam short hop aerials because my adhd prevents me from doing the same shit over and over like i need some kinda fLaVoR in my play otherwise I get bored and rage quit to a different game

Dinglesberry 08-31-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4696268)
ya in theory but in practice i can't spam short hop aerials because my adhd prevents me from doing the same shit over and over like i need some kinda fLaVoR in my play otherwise I get bored and rage quit to a different game

i have pretty bad adhd too... gotta gets yo addys fam i take one a day legit and its nice but between u and me sometimes i dont take them one day and take two another day but shhh

edit: please dont tell my mom

choof 08-31-2019 05:34 AM

same but i buy mine due to american heathcare being a shit

Gradiant 08-31-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4696254)
a lot of ppl seem to dislike his fair but i love playing mind games with it

i was gonna say lol, I main bowser and g&w and I still throw out his fair thinking it's a normal attack just from playing him so much in smash 4. Will probably never get used to that change to bomb.