Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG C: ANONYTWiG (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131692)

twg11 09-10-2013 08:46 PM

Re: TWG C: ANONYTWiG

By the first they, I meant six. Please accept my apolojuice. It's sugary.

twg8 09-10-2013 09:22 PM

Alright, jump on the bandwagon if you want. Let's lynch 4. (I already bolded his name in another post)

twg6 09-10-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg11 (Post 3973156)
It seems a bit against the spirit of the game.

I completely disagree. This game is anonymous for a reason, and half of the fun is how you go about using the theme to your advantage.

Cheers,
Synthlight

twg6 09-10-2013 09:26 PM

Speaking of anonymous... ten where the hell are you?

Cheers,
Synthlight

twg13 09-10-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg3 (Post 3973142)
hello

Nice of you to join us 3. Caught up on the thread yet?

twg5 09-10-2013 11:15 PM

I feel like it's hard to keep track of who's saying what in the thread. I keep getting lost trying to read it.

Would someone like the chance to inform me on any interesting tidbits I may be missing?

twg1 09-10-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg11 (Post 3973156)
I mostly agree it is wolfy for the reasons you say, but also I admit to speculating on what kind of connections they have to admins, or if they were one. It seems a bit against the spirit of the game. I can't decide the motive for such a decision, either. Just an easy persona to assume? Or to detract from other hidden agendas that might slip up?

It's like dressing up as a cop.

to address this point, i spoke it over earlier with twg2 over aim to discuss the reasoning behind random guesses of people:

in this stage of the game, there is a larger human : wolf ratio meaning that an early human sacrifice for a correct guess on a wolf would be incredibly beneficial to humans. the only reason a human would want to call out someone else's account in the thread is that they have a reasonable suspicion of the person being a wolf. IF the guess is correct, guess what, you're down a human OR wolf. i would say in the thread 'i think person x is this person's account and is a wolf and will vote to kill them.' if you catch a human, well gg u suck; if you catch a wolf, well gg u pro. either way they'll probably want to confide with you in order to prevent their death, and at that point it's up to your discretion whether or not you want to still kill them, based on their defense.

IF you publicly announce that you figured out someone's account and you think they're human, then you're a fucking moron..but i don't see anyone doing that now right

twg1 09-11-2013 12:03 AM

oh i forgot to add the part that it's kind of important to hint that you're trying to kill someone, or at least tell more than one person over aim that you're trying to guess their account so people would know whether or not you died from incorrectly guessing someone, or that you die because someone accurately guessed who you are

twg9 09-11-2013 12:13 AM

twg1 I do not entirely agree. With a large human to wolf ratio, a human will be less likely to hit a wolf with a guess kill than with a smaller human to wolf ratio. Now may not be the time for such action. The effectiveness of your proposed strategy also depends on how accurate are the guesses. A human player ought not to submit a guess unless player is confident about said guess.

twg6 I do not like your vote. No, I do not like your vote one bit. Placing a vote on a player that has not posted much if at all is a bland thing to do. By doing this you fade into the background, which is exactly what a wolf wants to do. Twg6 I think you are a wolf player.

twg6 09-11-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg9 (Post 3973271)
twg6 I do not like your vote. No, I do not like your vote one bit. Placing a vote on a player that has not posted much if at all is a bland thing to do. By doing this you fade into the background, which is exactly what a wolf wants to do. Twg6 I think you are a wolf player.

I don't understand your rationale. I voted for them as pressure to get them to engage in conversation, as has been done many times in many different games. It's a tactic used if someone is either trying to play under-the-radar or simply has disappeared off the map (which in this case could be either option). To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.

Cheers,
Synthlight

twg6 09-11-2013 12:20 AM

If you think that using the pressure-vote tactic is a "bland" thing to do, 9, what would you suggest to be the best course of action for the current moment?

Cheers,
Synthlight

FictionJunction 09-11-2013 02:22 AM

I encounter millions of bodies in my life; of these millions, I may desire some hundreds; but of these hundreds, I love only one.

TWG1 - 0 - TWG15
TWG14 - 1 - TWG15
TWG13 - 1 - TWG4, TWG14
TWG4 - 3 - TWG13, TWG8, TWG2
TWG9 - 1 - TWG7
TWG5 - 1 - TWG12
TWG2 - 2 - TWG15, TWG1
TWG12 - 1 - TWG14
TWG10 - 1 - TWG6
TWG6 - 1 - TWG9

feel free to double check

twg1 09-11-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg4 (Post 3973088)
This is how you say a lot of words without actually saying anything. Nice job.

LOL

yea i also don't see any reason not to put a vote on someone inactive, especially if it's a safety vote, pretty much

twg8 09-11-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg6 (Post 3973272)
I don't understand your rationale. I voted for them as pressure to get them to engage in conversation, as has been done many times in many different games. It's a tactic used if someone is either trying to play under-the-radar or simply has disappeared off the map (which in this case could be either option). To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.

Cheers,
Synthlight

I'm on board with 6 right now. It doesn't seem 6's goal is to fade "into the background." I don't have a solid read on 6 at the moment, but it's not leaning toward "WOLF."

Something is fishy about 9's direct calling you out as "I think you are a wolf player."

At this point, I'm still keeping my vote on 4, but 9, I'm keeping my eye on you.

twg9 09-11-2013 07:26 AM

TWG EIGHT what makes my comment fish-like?

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg6
To think that I would just place my vote on a one-post player and fade "into the background" is a silly assumption.

I meant not to say that you would stop playing or talking but rather that your vote appears as though you are actively trying to fit in with the crowd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg6
If you think that using the pressure-vote tactic is a "bland" thing to do, 9, what would you suggest to be the best course of action for the current moment?

Cheers,
Synthlight

Humans should be voting to kill wolves. Putting pressure on a player by inching the player closer to death could be useful, I am not sure. I will consider that. However, this would be a more effectual tactic when used on a player more likely to respond, no?

twg12 09-11-2013 09:38 AM

nobody has been talking to me on aim and it's making me sad :(

Unless you are 2 who thinks he knows who I am and won't shut up about it or if you are 9 who AT LEAST said the word hello and nothing else to me.

Dohohoho...

twg8 09-11-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg12 (Post 3973480)
nobody has been talking to me on aim and it's making me sad :(

Unless you are 2 who thinks he knows who I am and won't shut up about it or if you are 9 who AT LEAST said the word hello and nothing else to me.

Dohohoho...

Looks like you don't take offline messages, buddy. Dohohoho!

twg3 09-11-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg8 (Post 3973420)
Something is fishy about 9's direct calling you out as "I think you are a wolf player."

I agree, that whole post was fishy. I don't like your tone TWG9

twg4 09-11-2013 12:06 PM

So i've been debating whether or not I should bring this to light:

I talked with Fiction about how player guessing works in relation to being lynched. He confirmed that a scenario could exist where someone knows they are about to 100% get insta-lynched, and therefore sends in a guess on a player. It doesn't matter if they are wrong about who it is, because they are going to die from the insta anyways. If they are right though, the guess does count (even if they are insta'd) and the person who was named therefore dies.

This does not seem like a good mechanic for us humans to know about, which is why I was a bit worried about bringing it up. It presents the chance for wolves to take someone else out with them. My worry is that an apathetic human on the verge of death will take a guess at someone for fun, without realizing that it will still count if they are lynched. I'd rather not lose more people than we need to.

This message is brought to you by The International Foundation Against The Discrimination Of Mimzies™.

FictionJunction 09-11-2013 01:21 PM

CLARIFICATION

ONE GUESS PER PLAYER PER PHASE. NO CHANGES.

should have mentioned that before