Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The BMS/IIDX Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=126091)

CaptainAhab 08-17-2014 10:43 AM

Re: The BMS/IIDX Thread

What is a good place to download beginner songs? Just downloaded AppLocale and LR2.

Thanks!

Arntonach 08-18-2014 03:35 AM

Look into beatmania of fighters, or BOF. They'll generally have IIDX quality simfiles.

Kraezymann 11-7-2014 12:55 PM

Bit of a bump, but I'm pulled out my ps2 the other day and want to get back into IIDX but my LCD TV is being a real turd when it comes to stretching the screen/timing issues. Would a computer monitor work better? I've heard of one guy using a video capture card for his ps2 that outputs into hdmi for his monitor, and SUPPOSEDLY it eliminates the timing issues, or at least makes them unnoticeable.

Any tips?

Tyson ultima 11-7-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4185603)
Look into beatmania of fighters, or BOF. They'll generally have IIDX quality simfiles.

But it stands for bms of fighters....

Also I mean I don't know much involving cs but naturally monitor 's have lower input lag in the end though crt and component or svideo is your best cs option.

Ippikiryu 11-12-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4229798)
Bit of a bump, but I'm pulled out my ps2 the other day and want to get back into IIDX but my LCD TV is being a real turd when it comes to stretching the screen/timing issues. Would a computer monitor work better? I've heard of one guy using a video capture card for his ps2 that outputs into hdmi for his monitor, and SUPPOSEDLY it eliminates the timing issues, or at least makes them unnoticeable.

Any tips?

That sounds pretty wrong since HDMI usually adds a lot of lag. You want CRT for lagless.

Tyson ultima 11-12-2014 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ippikiryu (Post 4231246)
That sounds pretty wrong since HDMI usually adds a lot of lag. You want CRT for lagless.

Not sure where you get this misconception. The TV itself adds lag due to post processing and up-scaling. If anything VGA adds lag because it is taking a digital signal then converting it back to analog. While DVI and HDMI are taking a digital signal without conversion.

Sources: Lots of TV studying, and the fact I play IIDX via HDMI

choof 12-2-2014 07:56 AM

http://www.gamo2.com/en/index.php?di...product_id=244
yes or no

also, what are the recommended specs for lr2? the last pc I had was definitely overkill, but now I'm running on somewhat of a budget laptop

Tyson ultima 12-2-2014 08:06 AM

it legit runs as if it is stepmania or some shit. and yes even though honeywell switches suck get omrons.

choof 12-2-2014 08:10 AM

oh cool, laptop runs sm5 like a charm rofl
and lastly, for a newb is there any difference in starting off with 1p or 2p side?

clasko1000 12-2-2014 01:39 PM

I just started my IIDX career at my local arcade last weekend. So your telling me its possible to play at home on a PC? somehow?

choof 12-2-2014 01:42 PM

lr2 my dude

Tyson ultima 12-2-2014 01:50 PM

There is no benefit to playing either side but the overwhelming iidx top rankers are one player side. While most overjoy players in lr2 are 2 plaayer.

ggsnipes 12-3-2014 06:41 AM

Generally people say, P1 if right handed, P2 if left handed. I just like P2 cause I can scratch faster but more terribly

linky123456 12-6-2014 03:27 AM

I AAA'd dazzlin' darling hyper (First 7 AAA) and I passed Fascination MaXX another (first 12 besides due tomorrow). I'm like 2003 good at IIDX (woo)

Snapps 12-10-2014 12:45 AM

still cant pass kaiden

choof 12-11-2014 10:16 AM

bep bep

what's the difference between the FP7 and the FPS

Snapps 12-12-2014 05:46 AM

idk i play arcade

go check sows if you dont have an account ill invite you only if you keep 1.0 ratio

linky123456 12-12-2014 06:49 AM

I'm bad at this game, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I didn't notice a difference between my FP7 and the two times I played on a FPS besides the look of the controller. I also got the omron(I think?) switches and all the other crap that sows said was like the arcade, so that may be a factor.

Tyson ultima 12-12-2014 09:14 AM

Beside price factor the FPS has an option where you can adjust the turntable distance between KOC distance and ASC distance which is rather useful for beatmania. Additionally the new FP7s now come with the turntable grip which is good for the friction on your fingers. Also the FPS's start button is a bit too close for the keys kind of adding a more restrictive style of play.

choof 12-12-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapps (Post 4245300)
idk i play arcade

go check sows if you dont have an account ill invite you only if you keep 1.0 ratio

I pretty much wouldn't use sows ever lol