Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121459)

yo man im awesome 12-7-2011 04:46 PM

Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who_Cares973
*All of his recent posts*

See this is the part of a civil argument I like, when other people also contribute their opinions, whether it helps me or not.

I see many of your points to be true, but I also find AJ's point valid as well.

As for your statement of if you were to judge a file and 75% wouldn't enter, well, that's why we have multiple judges (and another thing, I think we should have at least one judge from every skill group that's at least minorly trusted, so we see the file from all angles of the community), that way no one person has near complete control over what goes in and what doesn't go into ffr.

Ryusei_ 12-7-2011 04:54 PM

As a side note, after playing D4's song again....I've noticed that D4 hasn't gotten a file yet that's terribly difficult....Just files that have one or two stupid parts (that are such a small part compared with the rest of the song) that without them, the files would be 8's

Is this going to be the trend for D4?

Choofers 12-7-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3585797)
If Halcyon isnt FGO then I ragequit

1617-41-4-2-15 first run lmfao

also, tourney was fun while it lasted...

PS: I disagree with the majority and would say that most, if not all the files where pretty awesome and appropriate for their chosen Divisions.

omg go away, halcyon is NOT an fgo lol
it's like some bastard cross between aim burst and some fmo that has dumb 24th patterns

hi19hi19 12-7-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3585877)
it's like some bastard cross between aim burst and some fmo that has dumb 24th patterns

Summer Time Perfume? Another bmah file that by all rights is a VC, interspersed with FMO level bursts.

kmay 12-7-2011 06:32 PM

lol bob bob nice score you got there =]

stavie33 12-7-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3585877)

Lol wut? AIM Burst is straight up stream with small jump gluts that flow nicely, Halcyon has the most aggressive jumps and patterns I have ever SEEN. These patterns make Pants and Kidney Stone feel flowy (Pants is just longer and Kidney much more dense), and I hate that the jumps change, it's not all 8ths, they sneak 16th jumps in there too. The difficulty of the file is not mega stream with some bursts and jumps, it's that you have 2 minutes of consistently aggressive jumpstream with terrible patterns that can be tricky to read that go into tons of bursts SURROUNDED by more jumps that go into more aggressive stream. It's a pretty much non stop finger ****, and then it ends by putting in some mini jacks to shave off you remaining good score. AIM burst is pretty much straight stream then it hits a half second jump part that ends soon and the patterns are mainly rolls and basic stream patterns.

Gundam-Dude 12-7-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3585610)
With a scale as restricted and small as the 13 difficulties FFR uses, there will always be difficulty discrepancies, especially with the end of the spectrum with hard files. If the scale were larger in number, there probably wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about files being rated "wrong" or "inaccurately".

As wc mentioned, the ones who actually speak their mind and assert their point of "Why this file is rated inaccurately" only make up a small percentage of players. Honestly, the only way to actually settle difficulty debate matters fairly are with public polls/surveys of some sort asking for the actual community's input as opposed to the abysmal percentage of people complaining. Although at the same time it's very likely a shitstorm will ensue, lol.

It's not a big deal. It's not the end of the world. Ratings don't define the file at hand, it's just there to guide you aka "WHOA THIS IS RATED AN 11 IT MUST BE HARD". Play the files and disregard the numbers for once.

Choofers 12-7-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stavie33 (Post 3585905)
Lol wut? AIM Burst is straight up stream with small jump gluts that flow nicely, Halcyon has the most aggressive jumps and patterns I have ever SEEN. These patterns make Pants and Kidney Stone feel flowy (Pants is just longer and Kidney much more dense), and I hate that the jumps change, it's not all 8ths, they sneak 16th jumps in there too. The difficulty of the file is not mega stream with some bursts and jumps, it's that you have 2 minutes of consistently aggressive jumpstream with terrible patterns that can be tricky to read that go into tons of bursts SURROUNDED by more jumps that go into more aggressive stream. It's a pretty much non stop finger ****, and then it ends by putting in some mini jacks to shave off you remaining good score. AIM burst is pretty much straight stream then it hits a half second jump part that ends soon and the patterns are mainly rolls and basic stream patterns.

hence why I said "bastard cross"

there's also terms like "low-FMO" and "high-FMO." it evens says this is a high-FMO on the front page.

maybe it'll get bumped up to FGO, maybe not. maybe you're just bad at it (like me) I'm terrible at some FMO's (the high ones), I'm pretty good at the low ones.

Netjet! 12-7-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3585955)

Thank you for posting this.

kmay 12-7-2011 09:07 PM

you know the D5 song is a FGO... not subjective. D5 players should not be scoring so poorly on an FMO

not even a single clean score yet.

FFR4EVA_00 12-7-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3585966)
you know the D5 song is a FGO... not subjective. D5 players should not be scoring so poorly on an FMO

not even a single clean score yet.

everyone in d5 is bad
not subjective

igotrhythm 12-7-2011 09:46 PM

Hrgh. 30 plays in a row and the best I can manage on D4's song is 7-0-0-1, which is right at the line. (I have a 6-0-0-2 unrecorded, score is in the system and I have PMed Velo the link to the replay since I ran into this issue last round.)

This is going to be a REALLY long week. X_X

Netjet! 12-7-2011 09:47 PM

I wonder what the cutoff will be for D3...

Magicturbo 12-7-2011 10:05 PM

I'm not sure if it would fit into this thread, or another... but what if more knowledgeable people were to come up with a short list or a couple songs that would be best to practice for each Division's round? Something close in difficulty or in pattern practice that matches up similarly to the tourney song at hand, because people like myself are less familiar with everything and to training to improve I'd personally be blindly playing everything to try and improve.

Just figured it might be helpful for some people...

EDIT: Or any single song really. Just anything. I'm obviously requesting help for anything similar to D2's but idk if others like this idea

Mike Weedmark 12-7-2011 10:20 PM

Stavie's opinion is my opinion. Borderline FMO/FGOs do exist, but to call Halcyon an FMO is miles into you're goddamn kidding me territory. It's aggressive the way Grind and Gunkinen are aggressive. I like the word aggressive to describe it, period. It's completely off-the-walls aggro. I feel like it's at least 1.5x as dense as the hardest parts of 4CT.

Quote:

if i could figure out why you consider waiwai230 to be one of the funnest files you've ever played it would just be a good starting point for rating any file for YOU not the community as a whole
You say this, like you understand that it's all subjective, but then you say
Quote:

technicality
fluidity
music relevance

these are the three things that make up FUN and depending on the song at hand and the stepartist there are varying degrees of each that go into the final file. until people realize this no one will get anywhere and it'll just be idiots running in circles chasing their own asses
this, like you think there are still universals that need to be followed to make a file fun. It's true that everyone's going to have their own opinion on a given file, but I disagree that finding out why one person likes one file won't help you develop some organized theory too. I'm human, there are going to be some things almost every human has in common that determine what they love or hate about a file. I adore WAIWAI's chart, and I find it strange that you don't think figuring out why might be helpful.

bmah 12-7-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicturbo (Post 3586022)
I'm not sure if it would fit into this thread, or another... but what if more knowledgeable people were to come up with a short list or a couple songs that would be best to practice for each Division's round? Something close in difficulty or in pattern practice that matches up similarly to the tourney song at hand, because people like myself are less familiar with everything and to training to improve I'd personally be blindly playing everything to try and improve.

Just figured it might be helpful for some people...

EDIT: Or any single song really. Just anything. I'm obviously requesting help for anything similar to D2's but idk if others like this idea

Actually I've been giving hints to some people individually on what songs I found were similar to practice on.

Jumper: try Streets; Keep It Short
Sunless Daybreak: idk, a lot of the earlier generic techno files on FFR (2005-2008) are like this haha...no technique to emphasize in particular
wiinter dream: try Ruins; Amefuri Koneko; Going on Spring Wind
SAMBISTA: try Hardkore Atomic
Halcyon: idk, this song tests a load of things at a fast bpm...although the jumpjacks near the end is very similar to those in Starwolf
Mourning the Lost: try Eradication

TheSaxRunner05 12-7-2011 10:38 PM

imo wiinter storm has a retarded difficulty spike in the last 15 seconds lol, doesn't feel consistent with the rest of the file

Edit:// Just noticed Bmah was the last poster =) No offense, just my 2 cents

Magicturbo 12-7-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3586048)
Actually I've been giving hints to some people individually on what songs I found were similar to practice on.

Jumper: try Streets; Keep It Short
Sunless Daybreak: idk, a lot of the earlier generic techno files on FFR (2005-2008) are like this haha...no technique to emphasize in particular
wiinter dream: try Ruins; Amefuri Koneko; Going on Spring Wind
SAMBISTA: try Hardkore Atomic
Halcyon: idk, this song tests a load of things at a fast bpm...although the jumpjacks near the end is very similar to those in Starwolf
Mourning the Lost: try Eradication

I noticed you and Subin tend to occasionally be especially helpful. Which songs are early techno songs? =S... I lack knowledge of the songs...

the1 12-7-2011 10:48 PM

instead of talking about bad files lets talk about good ones.

like hardkore atomic.

Mike Weedmark 12-7-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicturbo (Post 3586088)
I noticed you and Subin tend to occasionally be especially helpful. Which songs are early techno songs? =S... I lack knowledge of the songs...

I'm not sure you should worry about specific practice songs for Sunless Daybreak. You just need to be generally good at 16th jumpstreams. You can practice on almost any 7-9 that isn't all weirdish like Amefuri. Dragon's Final Roar comes to mind as one of the easier ones. The Prototype seems like exactly the kind of song bmah is talking about though. I could be wrong. Legend of The Starfighter too.

Although I must say, Hardkore Atomic is a pretty insane suggestion for Sambista practice. I mean, it'll work if you succeed at it. It'll work like hell. But if you can score on Hardkore, you don't need the practice.