Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121264)

Ziergdsx18 11-23-2011 05:19 PM

Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

nub

Darkbreezee 11-23-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 3575405)
Oh my god, I just played the D3 chart, what are those bursts. All the 9's so far in this tourney have been so derpy~

personally one of my favs so far , and ye indeed this romance in the club chart is wicked ..

One Winged Angel 11-23-2011 05:27 PM

DA-DA-DA-DA-DA, doodoo, bada dum dum
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ヽ( ゚д゚ )ノ ぅぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉ

smartdude1212 11-23-2011 05:35 PM

Pretty much that x50

Ziergdsx18 11-23-2011 05:35 PM

curious

has anyone in D6 tried Mathsma Attack after playing Kono Spoon? :3

One Winged Angel 11-23-2011 05:38 PM

I was just thinking about that today actually.

Everyone that AAA'd kono should be able to AAA Mathsma if they can hit the one handed trill sections before the rolls reverse early enough. Mathsma's 220bpm iirc so the 24th rolls are only 10bpm faster than the ones in kono spoon.

Ziergdsx18 11-23-2011 05:39 PM

eggxactly :3c

lol just got 5 clean, definitely felt alot easier. i think kono is a good warmup song to attemp an AAA on mathsma

psychoangel691 11-23-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryusei_ (Post 3575329)
You know...I'm just going to put this out there, because unless something melted everyone's brain in the year and a half I was gone, I don't see why this isn't applicable

So far everytime a new song has come out for FFR, I've typically seen people accept its difficulty rating without a problem. This includes past officials (and I've sat through what...4 or 5?) and never before have I seen such an uproar about song difficulties until THIS tournament.

How many of the officials have had ALL new songs? I know 4 did, 5 didn't, don't remember the others anymore but really at this point those are pointless to look at because the skill curve has changed. Remember something, Silence, CIA rave, Vertex Beta just to name a few used to be FMO's, now one's a 9 and the other 2 are a 10. There's tons of songs like this that have been moved down over the years because the skill curve is always changing.

Remember when we thought an AAA on Crowdpleaser was impossible? Or a good majority of the 12s for that matter. Then next thing we knew Marcus was wrecking through them and other people started to follow.

You're also acting as though there hasn't been any debate in a lot of the weekly song release threads. The only difference now is there's more attention because it's people's tournament songs so they get more heated about it and there's also 6 songs being released per week right now.

Everyone, including us, should be allowed to express our views and opinions and reply to what others say. Every time we want to explain our thoughts about why we put it as something or why we don't agree it's some big storm of us "always being right" It's called discussing (or debating since people get so heated over this.) Sorry that I don't think we should jump to switch the rating on a file immediately. Remember the active community aren't the only ones playing this game either. Did I not bump Fall Silently to a 10? I still don't agree with it but I did it after Rushy actually came in and made some valid points. To me just coming in and going "oh this is harder than this", with nothing to back it up, hardly serves as grounds to run and change it real fast. I also don't understand how half you guys are coming up with your ratings. Like elegante plays like a 8 for a good chunk of the file then has that little blip that is 10ish, figured go in the middle with that one. I'm guessing most people are only going off AAA ability. But again this is another file that there are a whole bunch of 9s that it could be compared to and I have seen other community members bring it up.

Last thing I want to bring up is it seems that people think that a change in difficulty is going to effect the tourney lineup or something. The fact is regardless of the number assigned to the file they're where I want them to be in the tournament. I noticed there are some D4 people struggling more this round than last, I actually happen to be one of them. But it stresses a completely different skill, which is something I tried to do in all divisions best I could. Push different skills since people are good at different things.

tl;dr we're not saying we're always right we're debating our points just like anyone else here does.

smartdude1212 11-23-2011 06:04 PM

I think only 4 had new songs for every round, whereas 5 (and perhaps 3) had new songs for the final.

psychoangel691 11-23-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartdude1212 (Post 3575454)
I think only 4 had new songs for every round, whereas 5 (and perhaps 3) had new songs for the final.

Yea that's what I thought but I wasn't 100% certain.

hi19hi19 11-23-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3575424)
DA-DA-DA-DA-DA, doodoo, bada dum dum
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ヽ( ゚д゚ )ノ ぅぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉ

lmfao I died.

Ryusei_ 11-23-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3575451)
You're also acting as though there hasn't been any debate in a lot of the weekly song release threads. The only difference now is there's more attention because it's people's tournament songs so they get more heated about it and there's also 6 songs being released per week right now.

No, I never said that there was no debate about other songs....I said that those debates are typically more accepted and not met by such an opposing reaction by those in charge.

Quote:

Everyone, including us, should be allowed to express our views and opinions and reply to what others say. Every time we want to explain our thoughts about why we put it as something or why we don't agree it's some big storm of us "always being right" It's called discussing (or debating since people get so heated over this.)
Halo coming in saying everyone is wrong and not wanted to explain why for fear of their stupid retalliations....Actually yeah, that's exactly what I would call the "always being right" attitude.
Quote:

Sorry that I don't think we should jump to switch the rating on a file immediately. Remember the active community aren't the only ones playing this game either. Did I not bump Fall Silently to a 10? I still don't agree with it
Fortunately, I was under the impression that the masses were a pretty good indicator as to what a file should be, not what YOU agree with. This is the second time the masses have spoken and it's treated just like the first. "lolwrong"

Quote:

Last thing I want to bring up is it seems that people think that a change in difficulty is going to effect the tourney lineup or something.
I don't think anyone is going to think that you're going to change anything at this point. You've made it very clear that it's YOUR tournament and you're going to do what you want to do. I think the only argument that'll be made is the silliness behind placing easier songs AFTER harder ones.

Quote:

tl;dr we're not saying we're always right we're debating our points just like anyone else here does.
Actually, almost every comment Halo has made (not you) has been pretty much exactly this.

DossarLX ODI 11-23-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3575451)
Remember when we thought an AAA on Crowdpleaser was impossible? Or a good majority of the 12s for that matter. Then next thing we knew Marcus was wrecking through them and other people started to follow.

While I read the post and understand what you're saying, Crowdpleaser is a *HORRIBLE* example. Everyone above my score used overlay, so technically that file still hasn't been AAA'd properly (in other words, those people willfully acknowledged they couldn't do the file without having to resort to that method).

TC_Halogen 11-23-2011 06:35 PM

cry me a river, I have an opinion that's supported by facts contained within charts themselves

I'm not acting like the boy who cried wolf, I'm actually showing you that there's a goddamn wolf right in front of you (analogous for I'm giving facts, when most of the people here are just saying LOL THIS FILE IS "x" DIFFICULTY PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE I AAA'D AND IT'S SUPER EASY)

if you guys want to inflate/deflate difficulties on songs that don't need it, that's fine - it's not like song difficulties affect me in this particular difficulty area anyway.

and yes, I still think you guys are defending absolutely retarded points. just going around the site (or places outside of the site where people are congregating), I'm seeing things like this:

a.) omg this section is ridiculous - no it's not, it's a moderate spike that can be done by a person of that particular skill if you're willing to sit down and practice it. This reason is one of the reasons why I'm still bitter about Time to Eye being a 12 when it runs like a lower 11 for a good majority of the song, has one [14][23] jump-sandwhich, and has 32nd+ bursts that literally total about 2 seconds if you combine each and every one of them together

b.) I can do this so it must be easy! This is what I think of your logic. yes, it's satirical, but you're using reasoning in a similar fashion as this to get your point across (note: not ALL of you; I welcome those who are defending their points on songs like rushyrulz did when he argued Fall Silently in the previous thread, that was perfectly acceptable)

c.) I can't do this, so bump it up! (see above link)

d.) TPS doesn't matter in reference to patterns! (exaggeration) counterexample: 240 BPM streams vs. 240 BPM streams with jumps - guarantee you most of D5 can handle the first but not that latter

e.) pattern flow - entirely subjective

Please let me know when you guys are willing to make a legitimate discussion involving song difficulties.

Emithith 11-23-2011 06:43 PM

lmfao

I think every time a song has been released there has been some sort of bitching about it. So everyone chill the **** up.

psychoangel691 11-23-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryusei_ (Post 3575474)
No, I never said that there was no debate about other songs....I said that those debates are typically more accepted and not met by such an opposing reaction by those in charge.

AJ's not in charge and I don't feel I'm in anyway being unfair by wanting to get more opinions rather than waiting oh what not even 24hrs before changing something.

Quote:

Halo coming in saying everyone is wrong and not wanted to explain why for fear of their stupid retalliations....Actually yeah, that's exactly what I would call the "always being right" attitude.
Don't recall him actually coming in here and saying you're all wrong. But he is not me and I am not him. So don't direct this always right thing at me.

Quote:

Fortunately, I was under the impression that the masses were a pretty good indicator as to what a file should be, not what YOU agree with. This is the second time the masses have spoken and it's treated just like the first. "lolwrong"
The masses? A song hasn't even been out 24 hours for people to really get to try out and comment on. It's not a good indicator when the damn thing barely has been out yet. Just like the last time, not even 24hrs later. Again, I want time for people to be able to get in here and speak their piece. Not only go off some of you. Plus AGAIN, how about the part of the community that wont even come in here and say something because they want no part in this drama.

Quote:

I don't think anyone is going to think that you're going to change anything at this point. You've made it very clear that it's YOUR tournament and you're going to do what you want to do. I think the only argument that'll be made is the silliness behind placing easier songs AFTER harder ones.
You do realize 1. There's only so many songs to choose from doing all NEW songs for every division in a 6 division tournament with 8 rounds right? Oh but okay that's all on me. And again it's easier to YOU and some of the other people. As I pointed out in the other thread those who did well last round have been struggling this round and those who did poorly last round are having an easier time this round. I've been watching the dash it's the trend. So no it's not easier song after a harder song. It's songs that are both 10s (according to the community fall silently is a 10 I still don't agree but again I changed it cause it's what YOU GUYS WANTED) but they stress different skill types. So some people this is harder for others it's easier. This is not universal but you fail to get that through your head.
Quote:

Actually, almost every comment Halo has made (not you) has been pretty much exactly this.
If it's not me then stop saying "the people in charge"

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3575475)
While I read the post and understand what you're saying, Crowdpleaser is a *HORRIBLE* example. Everyone above my score used overlay, so technically that file still hasn't been AAA'd properly (in other words, those people willfully acknowledged they couldn't do the file without having to resort to that method).

It was just a random example because no one thought it was possible in any way. I also noted that along with other 12s. There was a point we never thought these possible. Hell I bet people didn't think La Camp was AAA able but I watched AJ do that. That was gross x.x It was just to make a point that players are always going to advance and become better thus changing how difficulties are viewed.

00Razor00 11-23-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3575481)
I'm giving facts, when most of the people here are just saying LOL THIS FILE IS "x" DIFFICULTY PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE I AAA'D AND IT'S SUPER EASY.

QFT

hi19hi19 11-23-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

cry me a river, I have an opinion that's supported by facts contained within charts themselves

I'm not acting like the boy who cried wolf, I'm actually showing you that there's a goddamn wolf right in front of you (analogous for I'm giving facts, when most of the people here are just saying LOL THIS FILE IS "x" DIFFICULTY PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE I AAA'D AND IT'S SUPER EASY).

To be fair, I've given plenty of counter examples. The simplicity of the patterns compared to other 10s and 9s in the borderline region, the fact it's got more common patterns and thus a lot more familiar to members who have been playing other 9s and 10s, the fact it has no severe difficulty spikes, etc etc. While you are free to disagree, I'd prefer if you not pretend like because your "opinion" is supported by facts that instantly makes all other "opinions" that are also supported by facts irrelevant.
I realize I tend to place a lot of value on pattern, and you view that as wrong... but please understand I'm clearly not the only one who thinks this way, at the very least acknowledge there could be something to the arguments I'm making before dismissing them.

Also the wolf, as you say, doesn't appear to be half as intimidating as you're making it out to be- just look at the AAA count. There's obviously lots of people in the intended skill range of D4 players that also share the opinion that it's rather easy. Results matter, and there's your facts written right there in green on the tournament dashboard.

~subjectivemanias.
Before you accuse me of trying to start drama- I'm fine with leaving it as a 10, as obviously it's very difficult for some people and not others. I'm more concerned with the manner in which the debate or lack thereof is being carried out than the actual result of it.
And besides, I tend to agree with the Tasselfoot policy of always rate files too high. Much less of an issue to give people maybe a little extra credit for their accomplishment than it is to not give enough.

TC_Halogen 11-23-2011 06:46 PM

I'm not even arguing over specific song difficulties, I'm arguing about the logic that some people are using to get the difficulty changed.

rdgl';\nkfksdx,lhje;zxm,;dwszaDSFJEG,Asdklbg,mkg

Choofers 11-23-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Please let me know when you guys are willing to make a legitimate discussion involving song difficulties.

I did, a couple pages back about switching the D3 and D4 song

granted, I did mention nps but that hardly matters because both songs are very close in terms of nps.

for the most part I agree with the difficulties for the files, but with elegante and Velocity... I really think they should be switched (if this can't happen, switch the in-game rating for them). if you want me to go in depth, I can