Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Itt post stepmania conspiracies (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123299)

Herogashix 04-9-2012 08:53 AM

Re: Itt post stepmania conspiracies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3672812)
what's wrong with SM on fullscreen ):

Main problem: Hero plays fullscreen. You don't wanna be like Hero. No sir.
Minor problem: Can't simply access IM Programs in the middle of a break in a song (as if anyone does that.)

ScylaX 04-9-2012 10:18 AM

When I play Stepmania, I'm always keeping track of my conversations + some web pages so..........

xferrarix 04-9-2012 10:05 PM

Whenever I step I loosely base it off someone else's file

When I don't people love my file (AIRBASE!!!)

edit: My biggest influence has been Bursurk_Lurk, idk how people don't see it in some of my files

Literally play something like Red Hot Skull and you'd see it, all I did was add those mines and make some changes to freezes

PriestREA 04-9-2012 10:12 PM

my marvellous timing is 5000 seconds

my oh delia pad play in FFR partyy AA is fake

i cheated on sm 3.9 with sm 3.95
i also cheated on the metal noteskin with dossar

moches 04-13-2012 11:09 PM

btw I was the one who thought of the name/idea for Light Chancellors

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=110909

somewhere in that thread lol

danny53x 04-16-2012 04:05 PM

I don't make files because it's boring as hell and stupid people that act cool are going to say you have a bad file

edit: but i wanna be sorta cool too so i make some now and then

ps im yotipo !_!

kommisar 04-16-2012 05:52 PM

hah moches that simfile tourney was great until it died

maybe I should revive.....

SKG_Scintill 04-16-2012 06:20 PM

FFRPartyy Pack 2 was destined to not release

Gundam-Dude 04-16-2012 06:25 PM

I was the one who disbanded the light chancellors and basically bitched out everyone about being elitist ****** chancellors

I still disagree with everything the chancellors had stood for

who_cares973 04-16-2012 06:31 PM

i was never an elitist ****** chancellor :(

ScylaX 04-16-2012 06:58 PM

I tend to stick with the structural measures that are in place as long as they're not too extreme. I don't have quite a clear idea of how the things are going on for the SM community. How it functions and how it's composed still confuses me today.
LC was still an open group though.

A certain group of person that releases packs every now and then isn't elitist as long as this group is open to let other people inside and that there are measures for rookie simartists to contributes to good quality packs in the community.

leonid 04-16-2012 07:00 PM

put a couple nub charts in the group pack so that it's not elitist anymore

ScylaX 04-16-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3677372)
put a couple nub charts in the group pack so that it's not elitist anymore

this is a really haughty point of view!!!!!!!!!!! >:@ >:@

C1004A 04-16-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 3677332)
FFRPartyy Pack 2 was destined to not release

xferrarix 04-16-2012 09:48 PM

i have around 10 minipacks similar to the mega man one i released forever ago lined up for release throughout the year

GET PUMPED

tunsz555 04-16-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3677334)
I was the one who disbanded the light chancellors and basically bitched out everyone about being elitist ****** chancellors

However I gotten better at stepping when I'm invited into LC. Don't really know the motif on LC but doing pack like this does gives sense of pack 'done together' when everyone can review before getting the pack out but sadly the member is limited. Probably opposite from pack GD ran today which anyone can submit but review by a sole judge. Has it's own advantage I guess.

I think wc is the one who invited me based on my Xoon 4 submission. Which I was shocked when someone accepting me :')

However I still love OD style pack the most. How it was assembled and judged was pretty cool.

moches 04-16-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3677334)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScylaX (Post 3677369)
I tend to stick with the structural measures that are in place as long as they're not too extreme. I don't have quite a clear idea of how the things are going on for the SM community. How it functions and how it's composed still confuses me today.
LC was still an open group though.

A certain group of person that releases packs every now and then isn't elitist as long as this group is open to let other people inside and that there are measures for rookie simartists to contributes to good quality packs in the community.

I agree with both of these viewpoints. I am rather proud of how the keyboard community has recovered from that age of our history--that said, I do think the Light Chancellors were a fun project to be a part of, provided everyone else got a chance to be a part of it as well.

I'll admit I may have been a bit of a snob back in the day (although I never used that to look down on anyone, more as a form of entitlement) but since then I've cone around to Gundam's point-of-view.

There's really a lot of interesting stuff about the sociological development of the Stepmania community. I'd love to write a book about it.

xferrarix 04-16-2012 11:25 PM

I noticed that as well with people having somewhat of an ego after making a file or two

I was a bit of a jerkoff on these forums, I formally apologize for being a ******

This entire community has changed as a whole though. I'm not sure if stepping became easier or not but most people seem to be decent or good at it within the first few files

who_cares973 04-16-2012 11:33 PM

its become hilariously easy to step an ok file thanks to all the resources, tools and willingness of veteran stepartists to help

moches 04-16-2012 11:35 PM

I think it's a combination of people being more knowledgable and having far more members willing to help. More than that, I think the community has just become much more positive with time. Everybody gets along quite well these days.

I think this is an incredibly underrated age for Stepmania: maybe not as active as the SMGroove days, but just as engaging and bustling. I'd love to see some of the veterans come back here: I wonder what they'd say.

Edit: oooh Carlos beat me to the punch. And for the record, I don't think you were ever a jerk, Ferrari :)