PDA

View Full Version : eyes closed

Mezo
06-25-2008, 10:27 PM
anyone here ever closed their eyes for some reason while playing (like for a sneeze) and kept their combo anyway? Ive done that a few times on some of the easier songs that ive played plenty of times. Last night I was dosing off and closed my eyes for like 10 seconds or so and I kept my combo going; I kinda saw all the arrows in my head. Has this ever happened to anyone b4?

In games like this or eye registers the arrows and out brain reacts but I didn't think our brains actually stored the patterns of the arrows in our memory. It's not like I can close my eyes for a song and play it, but for shorter songs I can almost do it for maybe 5-10 seconds even though I cant outright remember wut arrows are going to come next. Maybe it has to do with a mix of visual and auditory memory, I'm not sure, but It is interesting :)

also, I saw a guy playing guitar hero once and for a part of an expert song where he switched to using 2 hands on the frets he just stared at his hands and had the whole part memorized :o

so here's a challenge: see if you can play parts of a step chart from memory with eyes closed. It's very interesting to see wut yur own mind can do ;)

Commandersa1
06-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I generally mash the keys if I am about to sneeze or whatever.

XxXSkYbEaMXxX
06-26-2008, 03:57 AM
oh god iamme you're killing me stop being funny

hi_top
06-26-2008, 03:59 AM
I try and memorize what's on the page before i sneeze, I AAA'd outside the skies with two sneezes while playing.

Chaosvermin
06-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Our brains process 6Billion bits of information a second so im pretty sure the arrows in each song are in your memory somewhere.

alexdestructions
06-26-2008, 05:09 AM
By myself playing:

If I sneeze, I just keep playing even if I'm trying to AAA a song, then I'd still try it again. A lot of times I blink, and when I do I keep getting goods.

MP playing:

If I sneeze and I miss an arrow, it depends if I give up or keep going... because, whether we both have the same combo and I sneeze right there, I miss that's where I give up. If the other person had missed an arrow before I sneeze, then I keep going.

If someone closes their eyes during a Easiest-Difficult difficulty and passes, then I wouldn't be surprised.

If they do that on Very Difficult-For Guru's Only and passes, then I would be surprised. It would be tooooo hard for me to do that.

hi_top
06-26-2008, 05:46 AM
By myself playing:

If I sneeze, I just keep playing even if I'm trying to AAA a song, then I'd still try it again. A lot of times I blink, and when I do I keep getting goods.

MP playing:

If I sneeze and I miss an arrow, it depends if I give up or keep going... because, whether we both have the same combo and I sneeze right there, I miss that's where I give up. If the other person had missed an arrow before I sneeze, then I keep going.

If someone closes their eyes during a Easiest-Difficult difficulty and passes, then I wouldn't be surprised.

If they do that on Very Difficult-For Guru's Only and passes, then I would be surprised. It would be tooooo hard for me to do that.

I can pass a very difficult to fgo with a couple of sneezes, and if it was possible to tape myself sneezing while passing i would but it is impossible to tell when a sneeze is coming.

Gilly G
06-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Closing your eyes is having the stealth mod on. It's not easy, even Excite Bike is hard. :3

Breakdown16
06-26-2008, 09:38 AM
I can pass a very difficult to fgo with a couple of sneezes.

There's nothing hard about passing a song with eyes closed for about two or three seconds. AAA'ing or FC'ing without mashing: now that's tough.

Generally, when I sneeze during gameplay, I lose my combo. It's become a consistent thing with me. Also, I constantly have to blink, especially on songs with annoying backgrounds. This doesn't affect my performance too much if I blink quickly.

kostkaskater
06-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Ah I hate the sneeze. No way to avoid so you do your best to keep yourself still while it happens. I usually can hold it together unless I'm PAing really fast stream. loll

Bluearrowll
06-26-2008, 10:13 AM
I was getting a good run then I sneezed. This is what happened.

Shaydow
06-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I thought it over, and so far in all the games Ive played ( albeit its not THAT many ), Ive never sneezed once while playing a song that I can recall . . . .

I find this kinda odd but nice.

Beethovens mask
06-26-2008, 10:57 AM
I have the intro to caprice memorized. Not that hard.

Beethovens mask
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I try and memorize what's on the page before i sneeze, I AAA'd outside the skies with two sneezes while playing.

Not the hardest song on earth. The arrows have a lot of space between them. XD

Xx{Midnight}xX
06-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I've ruined a few songs because of sneezes... And i normally forget i am using dizzy arrows after one of them so then the score goes down to the garbage bin.

Izzy
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I generally miss when i am not looking at the screen.

Tasselfoot
06-26-2008, 02:53 PM
i can lock this thread with my eyes closed.

but i won't.

Gibson63
06-26-2008, 02:58 PM
rofl

Crizo92
06-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I generally miss when i am not looking at the screen.
Wooah, that's weird me too.