PDA

View Full Version : DragonForce! It's N.T.M. vs MissMoMo

N.T.M.
02-24-2008, 02:01 AM
So the question for the poll is "Which Through The Fire and Flames sim is better?"

Alright so I claimed that mine is, without a doubt, the very best, period. Now I'm getting criticized by a user who syncs her sim relative to the 16 notes and can't even find the correct BPM! Usually I'd let this kinda thing slide as most people have no idea how to make a sim anyway. IDK why exactly, but this' really frustrating me. You'll see that comparing the two is just ridiculous, but whatever.

Here are the links:

Mine:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/index.php?songid=24371

MissMoMo's:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/index.php?songid=24619

Oh, here's a quote from MissMoMo (it won't be funny 'til after you play the sims):

"The one you uploaded sucks. Its badly off sync, bad patterns. And is not very fun."

You'll get some lolz after you play it.

OK, guys! Please vote away! Comments are also welcome.

trumaestro
02-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Neither is better because DragonForce sucks, lol

Reading through the comments made on your sim, you seem to think that yours is perfect, and you don't take criticism. When somebody criticizes your work, it doesn't mean that that person is arrogant or dumb, it means they have an opinion on your sim. Maybe one you don't share.

This "mine's better" starts with you. Like it or not, people will keep doing the same thing as Miss MoMo. If you had just let it be, this wouldn't have started.

Just my observations

N.T.M.
02-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Neither is better because DragonForce sucks, lol

Reading through the comments made on your sim, you seem to think that yours is perfect, and you don't take criticism. When somebody criticizes your work, it doesn't mean that that person is arrogant or dumb, it means they have an opinion on your sim. Maybe one you don't share.

This "mine's better" starts with you. Like it or not, people will keep doing the same thing as Miss MoMo. If you had just let it be, this wouldn't have started.

Just my observations

The point of the comments on my sim was to explain how the revised version is inarguably better than the original. I'm not trying to sound all ****y (I'm sure it'd be easy to perceive it that way). Like 95% of the sim wasn't even done by me, so I'm not getting any credit at all aside from very small changes noted in the comments.

I'm fine taking criticism if it actually has grounds for which it's based.

Oh and DragonForce PWNS!!!

phe0nixblade
02-24-2008, 01:52 PM
They are both ****ty. brb playing.

EnR
02-24-2008, 01:53 PM
1. Bad song to step, it's been stepped 24164612834687461287461287 times.

2. Lemme play these, I can just see both sucking right now, but the main point, is "which is better" so brb.

phe0nixblade
02-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah I don't even wanna play them so I'm not gonna. brb playing real ttfaf sim

EnR
02-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Wait....you just re-did asshats version, MissMoMo wins.

You even said 95% isn't yours. Make your pown version first, then lets see who wins.

Well N.T.M....wtf was up with those left and right handed trills...Theres are dumb and annoying for spread.

N.T.M.
02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

You even said 95% isn't yours. Make your pown version first, then lets see who wins.

The question is which's better. Read the OP, son! I'm not taking credit for anything I didn't do!

N.T.M.
02-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah I don't even wanna play them so I'm not gonna. brb playing real ttfaf sim

Link to "real" sim?

EnR
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
The question is which's better. Read the OP, son! I'm not taking credit for anything I didn't do!

K well, yous wasn't fun at all, lots mof pointless jacks,some jacks that are missing, missed sports where 24ths were needed.

now lemme try missmomos

Btw, try Omegaspikes TTFATF(In the database)

O and wait, can i take my vote back? MissMoMo was like a 2/10, yours was like a 5/10

BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
02-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Can you really call it 'yours' if it was mostly done by Asshat?

It should really be 'Who's better, Asshat or MissMoMo'.

Tokzic
02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Wrong forum. Also, keep your skirmishes out of the forums, nobody cares about your subpar stolen sim.

devonin
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm going to first move this into the music game simulator forum. We'll let that crowd dictate how quickly this gets locked, but really man, not a good choice of topic.

phe0nixblade
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Link to "real" sim?
Kevin 18 or something man, like from DF pack.

omgitznpv
02-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Kevin 18

lmao kevin 18 files

EnR
02-24-2008, 06:18 PM
lmao kevin 18 files

His files are horrible.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Can you really call it 'yours' if it was mostly done by Asshat?

It should really be 'Who's better, Asshat or MissMoMo'.

I was trying to keep it simple. I was in no way trying to discredit ASSHAT. You'll see a gave him complete credit in the sim description.

K well, yous wasn't fun at all, lots mof pointless jacks,some jacks that are missing, missed sports where 24ths were needed.

now lemme try missmomos

O and wait, can i take my vote back? MissMoMo was like a 2/10, yours was like a 5/10

"5/10"? I don't see how that's accurate at all. Well if that's your honest opinion, then thanks. I thought the steps were great though, but whatever. I'll have to try Omegaspikes' to compare.

Wrong forum. Also, keep your skirmishes out of the forums, nobody cares about your subpar stolen sim.

Stolen is when you discredit the original aauthor. And subpar? *sigh* Whatever.

I'm going to first move this into the music game simulator forum. We'll let that crowd dictate how quickly this gets locked, but really man, not a good choice of topic.

Sorry, man. I was just so irritated by somebody criticizing ASSHAT's sim when they can't even find the correct BPM.

His files are horrible.

Seem's like everybody's depiction of the perfect sim varies considerably here. I'm sensing many bias votes and ratings as well.

Well N.T.M....wtf was up with those left and right handed trills...Theres are dumb and annoying for spread.

Tough to do, yes, but accurately following the beats with a corresponding pattern....... also yes.

Should I post a link to a couple of my sims establishing some credibility for me to make sims, as I'm often criticized that I didn't even make most of it?

jimerax
02-25-2008, 01:41 AM
k I'll compare them when I can.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 02:15 AM
k I'll compare them when I can.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I'll have to play Omegaspikess version later, cuz there's no why in hell ASSHAT's is just 5/10 like what's-his-face said. Still, I'll be interested to see.

Goldenwind
02-25-2008, 02:23 AM
- It doesn't matter who's is better. Opinion factors in. And the fact that you're coming across as an ass will bias the votes.
- Be a little more open to criticism. The world is full of people throwing trash and BS everywhere. If you can't wade through it, you're not going to last too long.
- Lock it.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 02:44 AM
- It doesn't matter who's is better. Opinion factors in. And the fact that you're coming across as an ass will bias the votes.
- Be a little more open to criticism. The world full of people throwing trash and BS everywhere. If you can't wade through it, you're not going to last too long.
- Lock it.

I've specified a few time now that that's not the case. It's a matter of relativity. How can someone who can't even find the correct BPM criticize another sim? The very concept is frustrating as you may imagine. I'm not trying to sounds like an ass.

Goldenwind
02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I've specified a few time now that that's not the case. It's a matter of relativity. How can someone who can't even find the correct BPM criticize another sim? The very concept is frustrating as you may imagine. I'm not trying to sounds like an ass.
Exactly. So you've already decided that they don't know what they're talking about.
Why do you need to take a public vote to get your confidence back up?

If you know they're talking trash, ignore it. You have nothing to prove here.

jimerax
02-25-2008, 06:54 AM
omg.. hella long song.

MissMoMo's [0/10]
offsync (YNS, wrong BPM at parts, gap off by like 60ms).
Placement of most 24ths/12ths doesn't make sense, misrhythms in almost everywhere.
Needless to say about anything else.

N.T.M.'s [3.5/10]
gap off by like 20ms (BPM is correct).
16ths seem mostly correct (still missing some though), but missing most of 24ths in this song.
need to try for better layering (mosy parts are single layered, step multiple instruments at the same time).
pitch relevancy is correct at parts, but not very consistent. felt some jacks are annoying.

Yeah from what that guy has made he can't criticize your simfile technically, but you don't need to be angry about it or make thread about it, since it's just disgusting for many people here. You should just ignore or contact him personally if you really want.

Even elite steppers sometimes get comments like that from random people, so this is a pretty common issue in the simfile creator's world.

And try to make simfiles by yourself at first.

ShAiOnEi
02-25-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm not even gonna play either one because I know asshat's and Dog E's versions are much better.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
omg.. hella long song.

MissMoMo's [0/10]
offsync (YNS, wrong BPM at parts, gap off by like 60ms).
Placement of most 24ths/12ths doesn't make sense, misrhythms in almost everywhere.
Needless to say about anything else.

N.T.M.'s [3.5/10]
gap off by like 20ms (BPM is correct).
16ths seem mostly correct (still missing some though), but missing most of 24ths in this song.
need to try for better layering (mosy parts are single layered, step multiple instruments at the same time).
pitch relevancy is correct at parts, but not very consistent. felt some jacks are annoying.

Yeah from what that guy has made he can't criticize your simfile technically, but you don't need to be angry about it or make thread about it, since it's just disgusting for many people here. You should just ignore or contact him personally if you really want.

Even elite steppers sometimes get comments like that from random people, so this is a pretty common issue in the simfile creator's world.

And try to make simfiles by yourself at first.

Finally! I appreciate the constructive criticism. When I went over it I assumed everything was correct and simply added what I saw was obvious.

Would you please explain what you mean by layering? I need to know to be sure that my other sims don't have the same problem.

Thanks.

I'm not even gonna play either one because I know asshat's and Dog E's versions are much better.

This IS ASSHAT's.

Exactly. So you've already decided that they don't know what they're talking about.
Why do you need to take a public vote to get your confidence back up?

If you know they're talking trash, ignore it. You have nothing to prove here.

It's no confidence issue. And you're right: I do have nothing to prove. I shouldn't have made this thread.

*edit* Funny: although I disagree with the ratings EVERYBODY who's compared the two here has found ASSHAT's much better, yet MisMoMo's in the lead by 5/1. The poll's even more pointless than this thread.

*edit again* So jimerax, I'm thinking the "layering" is referring to isolating the steps to a single instrument at a time? Also, how can one become an elite stepper when there are so many other users out there? How do you popularise your sims?

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

now lemme try missmomos

Honestly I was disappointed with the sim. First off I really question the accuracy of some of those 24th notes. I think I even recall 32nd notes @ 200 BPM. Also I didn't like how the same hold would constantly repeat yet frequently express a different tone. Also, when the BPM drops to 100 and it just plays the air, it's not even consistent. The beats are the exact same but spread one 16th note apart. That relationship was not expressed in his steps. Also in that same part he omitted the 32nd notes in the background. If you play my Challenge version you'll see that I included that.

I also doubt some of those 12 notes. I recall using the assist tick and they're actually 4th/8th/16th note combinations.

Funny how he used the exact same pattern as I did at the end. Just thought that was kewl.

Oh and some of the 16th notes omitted in my version (being ASSHAT's) was intentional to keep the focus elsewhere.

Overall I'm saying that if you rated his sim considering his flaws as you did mine, the ratings would be quite similar.

jimerax
02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
*edit again* So jimerax, I'm thinking the "layering" is referring to isolating the steps to a single instrument at a time? Also, how can one become an elite stepper when there are so many other users out there? How do you popularise your sims?

Layering on this song means putting notes on at least 2 instruments out of vocal, drum, guitar. At fast guitar section maybe you don't need to layer though. If you are stepping keyboard/spread file it's needed for a better file.

If you keep making great files you'll be eventually, and if you want to become a popular stepper, submit your files to popular simfile packs.

hi19hi19
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Both of them were downright bad, but since MissMoMo or whatever actually bothered to do more than 5% of the file on their own I guess I'll go with that one. For me it's an issue of effort, and 100% of a YNS offsync file is better than 5% of a somewhat decent file.

Also, you basically took ASSHAT's version (which by the way was bad, but about as good as this song will get) and made it worse in 5% of places. And then called it your own.

Seriously both people need to lose the "I'm better than you" attitude because both of the files were incredibly bad.

Also Kevin_18 sucks too, seriously people.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
If you keep making great files you'll be eventually, and if you want to become a popular stepper, submit your files to popular simfile packs.

How do I go about doing that? I made 3 Trivium sims (100% by me) and I'm really happy with them (I've made like 70+ sims altogether). Top-quality IMO.

Both of them were downright bad, but since MissMoMo or whatever actually bothered to do more than 5% of the file on their own I guess I'll go with that one. For me it's an issue of effort, and 100% of a YNS offsync file is better than 5% of a somewhat decent file.

Also, you basically took ASSHAT's version (which by the way was bad, but about as good as this song will get) and made it worse in 5% of places. And then called it your own.

Seriously both people need to lose the "I'm better than you" attitude because both of the files were incredibly bad.

Also Kevin_18 sucks too, seriously people.

If you say so. Seems like one person will bash one sim, present another. Somebody else will then bash that and present another. And so on and so forth.

Oh and how's it worse by 5%? Here's a quote covering what I did:

"The primary alterations relative to ASSHAT's version is in the intro, a portion in the middle, elimination of unnecessary holds (referring to pauses actually) and exaggerated tempo shifts, and various minor changes at the end. Specifying the first: ASSHAT's version contained randomized steps as mine has a very specific pattern. Also, in the Challenge version you'll note the expression of the "half notes" also not expressed in ASSHAT's version. Now regarding the portion in the middle, I also (in Challenge) expressed a whole new set of patterns completely omitted by ASSHAT's version. There were a few other omitted segments which I also rectified. Other minor changes included hold length extension, incorporation of other minor omitted beats, and minor pattern restructure."

How did that possibly make it worse? Seems like people are making stuff up just to bash me :(.

*edit* And for the last f*cking time: I DID NOT call it my own!!!!!!!!!!! I gave him credit in the title. How can I possibly explain it any simpler.

Goldenwind
02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
*edit* And for the last f*cking time: I DID NOT call it my own!!!!!!!!!!! I gave him credit in the title. How can I possibly explain it any simpler.

Alright so I claimed that mine is, without a doubt, the very best, period.
That, + how people don't want to have to read entire threads = Contradiction!

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
That, + how people don't want to have to read entire threads = Contradiction!

Somebody already called me on that. I said I was trying to keep it simple. I can see how it'd be misleading though :(.

Kekeb
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I didn't really like either.

jono2007
02-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Legend Thread Get.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Legend Thread Get.

lol wut?

jono2007
02-25-2008, 11:16 PM
lol wut?

You heard me. This is such a loser thread that it should be locked.

N.T.M.
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
You heard me. This is such a loser thread that it should be locked.

Oh I heard you. I just dunno WTF "Legend Thread Get" means. How 'bout you speak bit some English?

jimerax
02-26-2008, 02:42 AM
this topic is getting flame war.