PDA

View Full Version : Giving credits for 1-month subscription :P

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 08:16 PM
Offering to give credits for someone to buy me 1 month of subscription.

Not sure how much $3.50 is worth in credits, so name a price, lol.

Edit: As I said somewhere below, suggesting to offer 10,000 cr.

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 08:17 PM
You give a price, I might have a deal.

dashoe93
12-6-2007, 08:17 PM
well if you are wondering, 1,000,000 credits cost less than a cent.

meaning you cant buy a subscription with credits.

You give a price, I might have a deal.

well hey, ill give credits for one.

@ goldenwind: its called a gift subscribtion or whatever its called. VVV

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 08:18 PM
Hmm. I just realized a huge flaw in my plan.... is it even possible to "give" a subscription, without having someone else log into your account? 'cause I don't wanna do that =P

well if you are wondering, 1,000,000 credits cost less than a cent.

meaning you cant buy a subscription with credits.
It takes time to earn credits, and time is worth money. For example, to someone who gets $10/hr, it would take 21 minutes to earn $3.50 (Give or take).

In 21 minutes, how many credits could someone get? I'm going to overexaggerate and say you get 40 in one game, each game taking a minute, so 840 credits. (This is using a low wage, and a high credit income, to give a really overblown value, far above what would be realistic)

However, I have plenty to spare, plus I'm sure people value money much more than credits, so at the moment I'm looking at 5-figures, lol.

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 08:21 PM
Gift subscription. It is possible.

OrganisM
12-6-2007, 08:21 PM
You need to give a stool sample in order to complete the transaction.

Produce the sample in an ordinary coffee cup and cover it in cling wrap for freshness, then run it through your printer. A subscription should pop out through your computer's primary optical drive.

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 08:25 PM
I can do the stool sample for you.

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 08:26 PM
I spent far too much time there checking my numbers >.>

Anyway, as a suggestion, 10k cr.?

ninjaKIWI
12-6-2007, 08:34 PM
See my Sig.

Problems
12-6-2007, 08:39 PM
If I had a credit card, I'd buy it for you for free. 3.50? Jesus, people are cheap these days.

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 08:42 PM
Eh, I wouldn't want it for free. I'd spend the $3.75 on a cross-town bus ticket to visit a friend, but in that, I'm recieving the enjoyment of being with said friend. Fair trade in my opinion :P

Edit: The thought is appreciated, however :)

~HentaiXXX~
12-6-2007, 09:05 PM
See my Sig.What about sexy panties?

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 09:08 PM
Nice to know, I always wondered what he was wearing.

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 09:10 PM
This answers many, many, manly questions.

(Read carefully ;) )

lumphoboextreme
12-6-2007, 10:23 PM
i could give some credits for a subscription, subscriptions seem useless now though. =/

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 10:56 PM
Yea, subscriptions aren't really worth it IMO these days.

GasesAreFluids
12-6-2007, 10:58 PM
Actually you can put a price to credits. Mainly it's a function of opportunity cost and utility, but alas...

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 11:02 PM
So trading credits for something "not worth it".
Considering I have credits to spare, sounds good ^^;

*Puppy face* :D

GasesAreFluids
12-6-2007, 11:12 PM
How many credits do you have in total?

ieatyourlvllol
12-6-2007, 11:23 PM
c = credit earning potential / hour
f = current money earned / hour

c/f = personal credit value

o = credits offered for subscription
p = price of subscription

o/p = utility

If o/p > c/f, then it is worth buying a subscription for the credit offer. If o/p < c/f, forget about it. XD

Thus, as the person wanting the subscription, your objective is to make the value of o/p greater than that of c/f, or in other words, your offered credit utility gain greater than their personal earning potential (assuming they don't spontaneously experience tremendous improvement). o_0

GasesAreFluids
12-6-2007, 11:30 PM
You have to take into account diminishing returns to utility, however. Getting 10,000 credits starting from nothing gives you far more utility than getting 10,000 credits from the 50,000 mark, and for the time being, there is no worth to credits if you've purchased all the songs and you have more than enough to play all the Secret songs. However, credits may have worth if you plan on hosting tournaments and you want additional incentive for people to join by offering multiple prizes.

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 11:33 PM
-.-; I love each and every one of you, but you all suck.

:3

GasesAreFluids
12-6-2007, 11:41 PM
How many credits do you have?

gabgabo
12-6-2007, 11:50 PM
Answer Golden.

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 11:54 PM
Why? ;D

When bargaining on a price, it's not smart to tell the other person how much you have on you =/

ieatyourlvllol
12-6-2007, 11:55 PM
You have to take into account diminishing returns to utility, however. Getting 10,000 credits starting from nothing gives you far more utility than getting 10,000 credits from the 50,000 mark, and for the time being, there is no worth to credits if you've purchased all the songs and you have more than enough to play all the Secret songs. However, credits may have worth if you plan on hosting tournaments and you want additional incentive for people to join by offering multiple prizes.

Hehe...yeah, I was considering adding that in, until I realized that it wouldn't be possible, since utility, which is subjective, would have to be factored in by the member. In any case, I doubt anyone knows the exact equation/model for their own assessment of return values.

lol ffr economics

GasesAreFluids
12-6-2007, 11:57 PM
Normally people's utility functions are concave in nature (usually modelled with ln() or sqrt() to get a general idea depending upon the nature of the variables used)

Goldenwind: Well I am going to be hosting a tournament here soon, and it'd be nice to have an overabundance of credits Basically anything over 50,000 (iirc) at the moment has no value other than for tournaments.

ieat: BTW just curious, what grade are you in? Not too many people fully understand utility and return lol

Goldenwind
12-6-2007, 11:59 PM
The next thread I see about FFR better be freakin' about the electric current that flows through a keyboard, and how much of an impact that could potentially have on the player's movements.

GasesAreFluids
12-7-2007, 12:00 AM
For a game based on 30 frames per second? Negligable. :P Many, many times over.

Goldenwind
12-7-2007, 12:01 AM
For a game based on 30 frames per second? Negligable. :P Many, many times over.

I said movements, not score ;P

GasesAreFluids
12-7-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh, movements, lol.

Still negligable :P

A more interesting study would be the effects of having a bunch of hot girls watching someone play FFR with the player's knowledge. Or the effects of having certain actions performed to the player. Ohhh boy.

ieatyourlvllol
12-7-2007, 12:03 AM
Normally people's utility functions are concave in nature (usually modelled with ln() or sqrt() to get a general idea depending upon the nature of the variables used)

True, but that gives, at best, an approximation, unless the person in mind is that astronomically rare case of having fallen almost exactly upon the trend line. There is also the psychological aspect, as perception of numbers, particular those tied in with a fiscal relation, varies from person to person, although, like you said, it should be similar, given that the commonly accepted guidelines are followed.

ieat: BTW just curious, what grade are you in? Not too many people fully understand utility and return lol

I'm in high skool. Lol.

GasesAreFluids
12-7-2007, 12:06 AM
Well sure, I mean nobody ever follows a trend line -- it's meant to model cases to better understand general reactions to certain economic conditions. And even so, people's utility functions can have really crazy shocks depending on other psychological conditions. Basically people are irrational decision makers in many regards lol, and utility is a tricky thing to work with.

ieatyourlvllol
12-7-2007, 12:14 AM
Exactly, which is why we can come to only generalizations, unless given a select field of people who are assumed to be likely to have the least deviation. Even then, it is impossible to know each and every minute discrepancy in the mentalities of those being analyzed, and enough of an accumulation, or even any at all, can skew data tremendously.

Quick, come up with a mathematical model accounting for neurological changes based on economic stimuli! The FFR financial system depends on it!

Tasselfoot
12-7-2007, 12:17 AM
when we can get a credit system that is hack-proof, credits will have more uses/value.

and, Golden, I don't get why you're even offering this... it isn't like you've got 300,000+ to throw away. You can barely play all the songs, and new secret songs will continue to be added.

Sprite-
12-7-2007, 12:33 AM
you can currently only give 3 month subscriptions as gifts btw.

EnR
12-7-2007, 12:38 AM

Thread just got pwnd haha.

But yea, someone can just send you 4.00$ through PayPal to you haha, then you buy a 1 month sub :)

Goldenwind
12-7-2007, 12:39 AM
when we can get a credit system that is hack-proof, credits will have more uses/value.

and, Golden, I don't get why you're even offering this... it isn't like you've got 300,000+ to throw away. You can barely play all the songs, and new secret songs will continue to be added.
It's more of a novelty for me. It's something new that I haven't explored yet, and I have interest in doing so (However no credit card to do so with XD).

As far as secret songs, my favourite ones are ones that I can actually FC, hence have a chance on AAAing sometime in the not-too-distant future. One generally solid trend with Secret songs is that the higher the requirement, the harder the song, and another trend I've noticed is that harder songs on FFR typically (Not always) are just songs with a crapload of jumps in them (Which as a somewhat-indexer, is not too fun).

I respect the fact that not everyone plays FFR like me, and that they do/might enjoy charts like that, so unlike before, I'm not going to complain how they don't quite suit my style (Sorry about doing that before, by the way). However still, while I understand their presence, it doesn't really appeal to me.

Lately I've been refurnishing a lot of my FFR things... clearing up a lot of the 0s on my levelrank.php, making my new avatar, filling out some stuff on my profile, uploading videos, etc. I don't plan on leaving here anytime soon, so I'll get back up there eventually anyway :)

During the few months(?) that I didn't play nearly at all, my overall rank got PHAT (:(), so I gotta give it a workout ;D

And lastly, I'd rather be a little under, than a little over. It gives me something to work towards (Even if it's for a second time). ^^;

<.<;

Thread just got pwnd haha.

But yea, someone can just send you 4.00$ through PayPal to you haha, then you buy a 1 month sub
Reason I don't just buy my own is 'cause I don't have a credit card, or PayPal D:
(Not sure if you need a credit card to *get* PayPal, but eh.)

OrganisM
12-7-2007, 02:13 AM
Too bad we can't have a drinking contest for it.

Tasselfoot
12-7-2007, 03:18 AM
always good to have goals and achievements. as far as paypal... if you're really dedicated, you can get something like a pay-as-you-go type of VISA card, likely through a supermarket or bank... basically a gift card that also has VISA abilities.

you can use that via paypal to get a subscription.

SysRq
12-8-2007, 08:15 PM
On a side note, I once bought a copy of Breakfast At Tiffany's using PayPal. I use it as a hat. I hope to set a trend.

So PayPal = hip.

And I thought you guys (admins) were gonna start letting people trade credits for subscriptions anyways, or is that what you just said? =/

~SysRq

ELRayford
12-8-2007, 08:18 PM
Give me 1 Million credits and I'll buy you a subscription.

pokelda
12-8-2007, 08:45 PM