PDA

View Full Version : FFR electron arrangement

bender5
11-6-2007, 07:20 PM
So in a lab report on orbitals and the different principals of orbitals I was tasked with writing a story, my story happened to be a very half assed totally bs'd story about rhythm based games. Here it is, enjoy making fun of my stupidity:

In the world of rhythm based gaming there are few simple rules that apply to each other. Depending on your timing you can either get a “perfect” for hitting the note at the specific window you need, there are also “greats”, “averages”, and “misses”. To hit a perfect it would mean that you had already fulfilled the average and great requirement because their windows of timing would have come earlier and been filled by emptiness; thus filling the perfect window the tap of the certain button. For no one arrow can you have more then one judgment, meaning that you can’t overload the total by bunching too much at once. The most arrows that can be seen at once are 2 (people only have two legs), and because you can’t have too many arrows on one specific field so as to prevent overcrowding.

this will make much more sense to people in or who have completed chemistry so if you don't what the principals of orbitals are, don't post just to flame and get plus 1 post. Another source you could use is the world wide web to look it else, but for everyone i'm out

~Tim

MrRubix
11-6-2007, 07:38 PM
It isn't quite the same thing as orbitals -- the only link between the two concepts is the idea that "other requirements are fulfilled" (if you hit a Perfect it's "past" the Great and Average window, and if you fill say, a d orbital, it's because the s and p orbitals have already been filled). The difference is that if you hit a Perfect, you are not also hitting a Great/Average/Boo/Miss, but if you fill a d orbital then you also know you have filled an s and p orbital.

I haven't taken chem in like 5 years so if I am not making sense please tell me.

bender5
11-6-2007, 07:52 PM
no that makes perfect sense completely i thought the exact same thing myself but believe me i tried HARD to bs this XD

EDIT: i knew if ANYONE read AND responded to this thread it would be you Rubix and your far superior intellect

GuidoHunter
11-7-2007, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I was a chemistry minor for a while, and I'm having significant trouble linking the two ideas.

Also: explain avmisses.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

foilman8805
11-7-2007, 02:52 AM
Also: explain avmisses.

a stable atom with a half-filled d orbital?

windsurfer-sp
11-7-2007, 03:50 AM
This wasnt on my chemistry exam on Friday.

You must really spend to much time thinking about FFR to see a link between orbitals and timing windows. I really dont see a real link.

bender5
11-7-2007, 01:45 PM
eh it was worth a shot i really didn't have any other thoughts on what to do so i got it so if you look at it from a non biased or experienced standpoint (ie my chem teacher) maybe you could make the connection, hopefully she'll like it if not i liked my effort to spread ffr to other audiences. And as for guido wtf how are avmisses in chemistry at all? or at least in the basic chem that I am taking?

bluguerrilla
11-7-2007, 01:53 PM
avmisses = entanglement

You measure the state of one atom and affect the state of the other.

You hit one step and you also hit the other step.

I guess that works well enough...
Is entanglement not in basic chem? I never took chemistry.

fido123
11-7-2007, 01:54 PM
eh it was worth a shot i really didn't have any other thoughts on what to do so i got it so if you look at it from a non biased or experienced standpoint (ie my chem teacher) maybe you could make the connection, hopefully she'll like it if not i liked my effort to spread ffr to other audiences. And as for guido wtf how are avmisses in chemistry at all? or at least in the basic chem that I am taking?

Gudio was joking and that was pretty half assed...gj :D

Better than my poem...An Ode to Zinc

bender5
11-7-2007, 02:25 PM
lol I'm not really in basic chem I've just only been taking it for 2 months now so I don't know very much

@ guerrilla the whole entanglement thing makes sense, but I don't quite understand it, so I'll accept that, but at the same time kinda disregard because principles unknown to me are not to be in my explanation.

EDIT: I submitted this lab report today so I should have it back either Monday or Tuesday of next week I'll probably end up making a follow up thread as to what my teacher said.

foilman8805
11-7-2007, 05:25 PM
or you could just post what you got in this thread.

i don't think we need a second one of these even in Chit Chat.