PDA

View Full Version : How does DDR difficulty compare to FFR difficulty?

kr4yzd
10-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Are the hardest tracks of FFR trickier than games which use a mat (like arcade DDR), or easier? The couple of times I have played mat games I have gone for the easiest track, so I don't know how complicated it goes.

Cleone
10-17-2003, 12:55 PM
The hardest in FFR are definitely harder than the hardest in DDR.

I would -love- to see someone attempt revolutionary etude or flight of the bumblebee on a mat...

kr4yzd
10-17-2003, 01:05 PM
:) Can you complete FotB? I find the majority of the songs on FFR impossible =/ How much practise is needed before you can keep up with songs like Uber-Rave and FotB?

Cleone
10-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Sure, I can 'complete' it, though about 25% of my playing it is mashing random buttons.

As for how much practice.. well, it depends, really. Some people get used to reading arrows quicker than others I suppose. Practicing is always a good bet though.

plasmix
10-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Uber Rave is the pwndest song on FFR. If I was a n00b who just started playing FFR...it would take a week or two to beat Uber Rave.

Reach
10-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Just keep playing, and hard songs become easy.

Anyway, alot of the songs on FFR are impossible being played on a pad. Though....ffr is for keyboard. Its hard to compare them both.

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Took me two months to beat Revolutionary Etude, 2 weeks for the rest. Keep in mind that was .54.

kr4yzd
10-17-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm starting out easy, replaying the 2 and 3 difficulties until I get FC. I just can't see how I can make the step to, say, Beethoven Virus. I can't focus on all four arrow streams at once =/ Is it worth trying a hard stage over and over again until you get it, or ease yourself into it with simpler songs?

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm starting out easy, replaying the 2 and 3 difficulties until I get FC. I just can't see how I can make the step to, say, Beethoven Virus. I can't focus on all four arrow streams at once =/ Is it worth trying a hard stage over and over again until you get it, or ease yourself into it with simpler songs?

Here's what I did. I played terror from beyond until I FC'd it. I played Mega Man 3 until I FC's it. I played BTC until I got 2 misses and then I could do anything besides revolutionary.

himm
10-17-2003, 05:07 PM
?

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 05:08 PM
What are you ?ing about?

himm
10-17-2003, 05:10 PM
i dont no

kr4yzd
10-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanx BrainChild, I'll try that. I really want to be able to play 4f73r m3, but it's out of my reach atm.

Moogy
10-17-2003, 05:31 PM
I remember when I sucked. I couldn't even beat TFB. Now I can beat hard songs and stuff.

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanx BrainChild

:(

Moogy
10-17-2003, 05:35 PM
lol

altairian
10-17-2003, 06:25 PM
brain, those are massive jumps in songs you realize that? being able to almost FC BTC does not make it possible for most people to suddenly be able to pass classicals and uber rave and such. Trust me, I can own BTC and I can only just barley pass rondo and chrono trigger after working on them both for like a week =\

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 06:29 PM
brain, those are massive jumps in songs you realize that? being able to almost FC BTC does not make it possible for most people to suddenly be able to pass classicals and uber rave and such. Trust me, I can own BTC and I can only just barley pass rondo and chrono trigger after working on them both for like a week =\

Yeah, when I switched songs it would take me 50+ tries to beat it, or even come close to beating it. Hense my horrible games played/total score ratio. But it worked none the less.

Or.. maybe I'm think of something else. You mean how could I beat almost anything after almost being able to fc BTC... well... I don't know. But I do know it too me a long time to get positive scores on them.

Brainmaster07
10-17-2003, 06:29 PM

Yeah, when I switched songs it would take me 50+ tries to beat it, or even come close to beating it. Hense my horrible games played/total score ratio. But it worked none the less.

Or.. maybe I'm think of something else. You mean how could I beat almost anything after almost being able to fc BTC... well... I don't know. But I do know it took me a long time to get positive scores on them.

plasmix
10-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Retard...

eldiabo3005
10-17-2003, 09:55 PM
The hardest in FFR are definitely harder than the hardest in DDR.

I would -love- to see someone attempt revolutionary etude or flight of the bumblebee on a mat...

I think that is impossible, but it would be funny to see someone try it.

Moogy
10-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Totally impossible. No one could do it.

plasmix
10-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Revo = impossible
FOTBB = Yasu / Take possible

Reach
10-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Wtf? Fotbb on pad? Thier legs would fall off trying.

eldiabo3005
10-17-2003, 10:44 PM
heh. That would be kind of funny. I'd pick them up and beat them with it.

User6773
10-17-2003, 11:58 PM
FFR and DDR use somewhat of a different scale.....there are FFR songs that are impossible on a mat

Arch0wl
10-18-2003, 12:25 AM
DDR is harder than FFR.

However, the steps themselves, it's ffr, no contest.

Oh, and yasu/take could not beat fotbb. They are not the gods you think they are. Fox probably could though.

(I heard this from Nikari back when I posted on ddrfreak like a year and a half ago) - one time he made an edit of drop out (260 bpm song) he made it all left and right 16th notes, and fox passed it. YES, ON HIS FEET. That's insane. So he could probably pass fotbb.

Yasu on the other hand, is only used to playing hard ddr songs, not insane edits or insane pump it up songs. The fastest he's done is legend of max and that shows this by how JSB can out PA Yasu on legend of max (yasu's best is like 4 or something, JSB's is 3).

kr4yzd
10-18-2003, 03:57 AM
Lol :) Is there any videos of these people clearing the levels? I just want to see how fast they would have to move their feet... How often do people fall over attempting the songs Archowl mentioned?

Alkaiser88
10-18-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanx BrainChild, I'll try that. I really want to be able to play 4f73r m3, but it's out of my reach atm.

Yea, "4f73r m3" is my favorite too.. I'm nowhere near FCing it. (not sure what FC means, but I'm guessin' it means not missing any beats)

I'm pretty bad at FFR.. but, right now, I'm playing Massive, Salad for your Tuesday (only cause it sounds badass) and pretty much any other 6-7 difficulty level. I started out doing 2-3 difficulty, then I switched to 4, for the longest time, I couldn't do 5s.. but then I started picking up on them.. now I don't even touch any of the 3-4 songs, except for in Rock.. cause I like Rock Music. But.. I think doing arcade songs, and easy songs like Moonlight Sonata, and then doing Terror From Beyond, Get on the Move, Euphoria, and stuff like that. Then Salad for your Tuesday, Massive, Dendrite, Burnout (if you have the credits.. which you probably do), Secret Zombie Room (once again, credits)... and those are what I'm doing currently..

I also do alot of the Arcade Songs alot of the time..

User6773
10-18-2003, 07:23 AM

4f73r m3 is so ridiculously offbeat right now it's impossible to enjoy.

Moogy
10-18-2003, 11:05 AM
*removed*/originals

No, no it's not. Play it on SM.

Anticrombie0909
10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Well first of all it totally depends on what song you're doing...but basically, FFR has many many more arrows in a much faster rhythem because you're only using your fingers...you can do it much faster. DDR though is really alot harder because you have to realize where you're putting your feet and the timign and stuff...and some of the songs really can get pretty damn hard, they're usually alot slower though