PDA

View Full Version : It's already started

lightdarkness
09-23-2003, 02:17 PM
before the release, synth said somewhere on the fourms that perfects would become more like DDR. Well... i think they are too easy, i just got finished playing Trip to the moon, and the top 6 people already have a "perfect full combo". In my opionon, it wont be long before the top 50 list is gonna be like that, i suggest adding another "group", like how SM has mavalous, maybe we could have "dead on!" or something like that, i just think the competativeness of FFR will dimish, and i dont want that to happen.

Synthlight
09-23-2003, 02:21 PM
It's a fine line that we must walk when balancing a game.. If it requires too much accuracy, people complain (it was 1/30th of a second for perfect) if it requires less accuracy people complain about easy high scores. If we add another rating it will effectively become "perfect" in most peoples eyes and we are back to square 1 with people complaining again about how difficult that rating is to attain.

So what is the solution? Good question.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Freak83
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
I actually do have a suggestion, have a seperate system for songs where this is happening. Observe at first, to see which songs that everyone can fully combo with perfects, and once you find that out. Make those ones a biiiiiit more challenging. Leave the rest intact.

Synthlight
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
But then you get newcomers who are like "the timing is not the same for each song, this sucks.. The scoring is not the same for each song!! YOU BASTARDS" I then will get about 50 hate emails.

Cheers,

Synthlight

lightdarkness
09-23-2003, 02:34 PM
damn synth, you have a solution for everything, ohohohoh
how bout, we kidnap the people who got the FPC (full perfect combo, i have started a trend) and then we can sell thire skill on the black market!

aperson
09-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Okay here's my suggestion.

Add a rating above perfect that is worth 55 points instead of 50. Make the window about .02250 seconds (same as marvelous in SM) and I think it would work out well.

lightdarkness
09-23-2003, 02:40 PM
i agree with aperson
i dont think n00bs would be mad either

aperson
09-23-2003, 02:57 PM
OR, you could make it so that there is another point ranking, the marvelouses/whatever. BUT they have no point value. They only arrange the order of scores if the scores are equal, however I don't know how effective this would be as it seems it would cause a lot more unnecessary database storage.

SotN
09-23-2003, 09:59 PM
But then you get newcomers who are like "the timing is not the same for each song, this sucks.. The scoring is not the same for each song!! YOU BASTARDS" I then will get about 50 hate emails.

Only 50? That seems like a good omen to me :P