PDA

View Full Version : Look what i bought, help with deciding.

Heath
06-12-2005, 12:47 PM
http://www.ddrgame.com/dadareddtome.html

i just bought that, then after i put in my stuff and hit submit... i realized i dont even have the game, im borrowing DDRMax2 from my girlfriend, which we've completely beat/unlocked all songs bla bla

so, for my next game, which should i buy? i mean, ddr, ddrmax, ddrmax2, or ddrEXTREME.... which do you people thinks the best of the 4?... oh.. i'll poll it :)

hEaLiNgViSiOnDeSiReMiX
06-12-2005, 01:26 PM
u spelled "Original" wrong.. thats how u spell it

Heath
06-12-2005, 03:33 PM
simple typo..... thanks for completely ignoring the fact of the poll in the first place.

dAnceguy117
06-12-2005, 04:25 PM
More like read the sticky.

For the love of God..

Oh, and you forgot Konamix and Disney Mix. Woohoo.

Heath
06-12-2005, 07:12 PM
okay well forget the polls, but which should i buy!!!??!? lol..... my girlfriend says konamix is good

Neonatrias
06-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Konamix is pretty good, but it's 30FPS PS1 gameplay.
DDRMAX is probably the best US PS2 version out there. PS2 gameplay, good song selection, etc.
DDRMAX2 is rather Americanized, though it has a few good songs. Again, PS2 gameplay.
EXTREME is just terrible in my opinion.

jewpinthethird
06-12-2005, 07:38 PM
DDRMAX. It was my favorite of the PS2 games. My favorite game overall is 5th mix, but you'd have to mod your PS2 to play it.

So DDRMAX, hands down.

dAnceguy117
06-12-2005, 07:48 PM
DDRMAX is my favorite of the PS2 games also, but that is because of my taste in songs. You would know what taste that was HAD YOU READ THE STICKY. MAYBE YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN REVIEWS FROM THERE, TOO. WHO KNOWS.

EX is cool because of the music that plays when you go to random or roulette. I mean hot damn.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. Just wait for ITG to come out. That would be your best choice, me thinks.

Rebirth0
06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
DDRMAX was my favorite out of all of them. It had the songs that I liked. Max 300, Healing Vision (Regular and Angelic Mix), Syncronized Love, Exotic Ethnic and more.

Did you buy that pad from that website? I bought that exact same pad for $240 on a different website.

Heath
06-12-2005, 11:51 PM
okay, i'll probably buy ddrmax, shouldnt be too expensive..

and you say "Just wait for ITG to come out." .. well whats the full name and a release date? because my pad should be here tomorrow, so im kinda stuck playing songs i've pretty much worn out until i buy a new one

and no, i didnt buy it from the site, on the site its $259.99, i paid $70 for it from someone on ebay :)

moral of the story?..... ebay pwnz.

-Fallen-
06-13-2005, 05:53 AM
ITG = In The Groove, and it's coming for X-Box. Wait for it, it's awesome.

dAnceguy117
06-13-2005, 06:51 AM
It's coming for PS2 also. In The Groove is a game just like DDR produced by RedOctane and published by Roxor (or is it the other way around? Can't remember) that has some way harder and some way better songs. It has way more options, an extra difficulty for good people, and lots more. For the website I guess go to www.inthegroove.com but they've also got stuff on the arcade version at www.roxor.com, and they have like the same features so it's worth reading if you're thinking about getting it. It's already released but they fucking slow shipped it, so it's not at my GameStop until sometime this week ;_;

ckj846
06-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Whoops... I thought it was arcade versions so I put Extreme... But, I would have to go with Max1 for PS2 for the home versions. The variety in songs is nice, plus it has a wide range of difficulties. ITG is a lot harder than DDR, but it has better music, IMO... If you can wait, ITG might be better, but you never know if they might screw up the home verision of ITG... Your call. If you want a version now, get MAX!
O_o

Heath
06-13-2005, 02:25 PM
i'll buy max1, as i've previously said, and when ITG comes out, i'll probably buy it also... thanks for the help :)

ckj846
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Meanwhile, play Extreme in the arcades! ITG is fun, but it is so serious and dull. DDR is light-hearted and happy... IMHO...
O_o

Heath
06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
sadly, i live in paris texas, a very small town, i believe the only machine we have is Pump it Up, where the arrows are like diagonally put, where its harder to go from topright to downright i dunno... it sucks living here.

Spazzbite
06-13-2005, 09:45 PM
ITG is already out, I don't know what you guys are talking about o_O. I'd go with ITG solely because of its high customization ability, and amazing soundtrack. If you go with an official DDR mix, I would go with MAX or MAX2.