PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to do heavy?

1ll-egal
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
When i say heavy, I mean atleast 7 footers. To be honest i only started playing ddr in this january.. And before that i played a lot of ffr. I got hooked so i decided to buy ddr. I played a lot for 4 days and then i was able to do heavy songs. I guess ffr helped me to get the rhythm and see arrows better.

ckj846
05-28-2005, 03:03 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! It only took you 4 days to get to heavy?!...
Dude, it took me forever because I started way back on the first mix...
It took me like a year to get to heavy, and then everyone thought I was awesome because I could PASS Dynamite Rave on Maniac...
Damn... Good job though...
So, it took me a year to get to where you are right now, maybe a little ahead of you...
O_o

Tps222
05-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, I started off on standard, and about 2 weeks later, I could pass heavy. Now, 5 months later I can AA half the songs on DDR Extreme. I've noticed that i do a lot worse at the arcade then on my soft pad at home.

Tank101
05-28-2005, 04:18 PM
In 3 days, I could beat Dream a Dream.

falconsfan14
05-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I took about a month for me, then i could beat B4U.

deposition
05-28-2005, 04:51 PM
less than a day..

Tps222
05-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Max2 is a million times easier then extreme. So learning on extreme is much harder.

Kick the can was the first for me.

B3NJ1
05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
it took me about a year before i could do heavy. 4 days, wow.

1ll-egal
05-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Well remember...I played a lot..and i mean a lot when i first got it. The first song was B4U.

magister_negi_magi
05-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh man, it took me half a year to get to heavy, because I was one of those people who always did the same song over and over and over and never got any better.

ckj846
05-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I think this all has to do on your previous music gaming experiences...
DDR was my first game to play that had music and coordination, so maybe that is why it took me a while to get good at it... On the other hand, I could do crazy on PIU in the first day of playing it...
So, I think that it all depends on if you have played games in this genre before!
O_o

Saturos
05-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I was able to atleast pass most 7's after the first day.

DDR wasn't my first rhythm game, so that could be a factor in it. That, and I whored it for 5 hours straight the first time I played.

ckj846
05-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Maybe I am just musically challenged... iono..
O_O

-Fallen-
05-29-2005, 05:23 PM
First time. I rarely play anything lower than it unless I am freestyling or fooling around.

B3NJ1
05-29-2005, 06:34 PM
when i first started, dam dariram on easy light, 3rd mix owns you. I use to get sweaty fron that to =/

Braydz
05-30-2005, 04:28 AM
Only played DDR twice, and can do most heavy 7-footers on Extreme. I played weekend before last for about an hour, then Saturday for about 20 mins. I ordered a pad and Extreme on Lik-Sang, and decided to give the arcade a go before they arrived. Played Extreme, started off on standard. After half an hour or so, moved onto the easier heavys, got a bit better, then moved onto the slightly harder ones. As for the pad and game, pad arrived last week, game should be due in a couple of days.

EDIT: Been playing guitar for 5 years, and am also quite athletic and co-ordinated. Hope no one thinks I'm bs-ing...

1ll-egal
05-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Hmm...in the past i did play some music based games. The ddr thing in the espn track and field, bust a groove etc.

-Fallen-
05-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I started passing Max300 within a week or two of playing, and why bs about DDR? It's so easy if you know the basic concept of the game.

ckj846
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Maybe for you -Fallen- but not for everybody. I agree it is easy, but if you look around, many people are greatly challenged by the game. With ITG though, there is always a new challenge.
O_o

B3NJ1
05-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I started passing Max300 within a week or two of playing, and why bs about DDR? It's so easy if you know the basic concept of the game.
I fucking hate you *runs to room crying*

-Fallen-
05-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Maybe for you -Fallen- but not for everybody. I agree it is easy, but if you look around, many people are greatly challenged by the game. With ITG though, there is always a new challenge.
O_o

ITG is awesome, after the first week or so of playing I could pass everything except Pandemonium Expert.

tnyhwk900
05-30-2005, 08:12 PM
What the shit... It took me a year to get to heavy...

Tsuteto
05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
No clue really. After learning to not keep my feet in the center, I started getting better. Overall, I don't really know how long. I was an on and off player.

Velious
05-30-2005, 08:53 PM
ITG is awesome, after the first week or so of playing I could pass everything except Pandemonium Expert.

i remember you saying you C'd EE.. vertex is more retarded than that

-Fallen-
05-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Exotic Ethnic is gay, by the way I can FC it now if I feel like it. ( I went out of my way to practice crossovers the proper way)

I can get 90%+ on pretty much every ITG song on HARD and Expert, with few exceptions on the really difficult ones like Euphoria and Pandemonium.

EDIT:

I don't have the greatest timing ever on DDR but I can pass every song on their hardest difficulty so I guess it counts for something? I only have trouble with PSMO and Maxx Unlimited really..

Braydz
05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
I wasn't bsing about DDR, just some people think that anyone who can do something better than them are bsing. I imported a metal pad last week, and DDR Extreme should be on its way. Hopefully with a bit of practice, I'll become alright at it.

Mariofreak49
06-2-2005, 03:36 PM
It took me about...um...1/2 of a year, I've been playing for years, but didn't try till last summer, I got to heavy this past winter, my first song (in arcades) was Hysteria.

ckj846
06-2-2005, 03:47 PM
O_o

??? Passing the song is way different than getting a +90%... And how is this possible if you did not know how to cross-over? That is like in every song on ITG... I sense some hypocritical bs'ing....................................
O_o

-Fallen-
06-3-2005, 11:21 AM
O_o

??? Passing the song is way different than getting a +90%... And how is this possible if you did not know how to cross-over? That is like in every song on ITG... I sense some hypocritical bs'ing....................................
O_o

Where does it say you need to properly do a crossover to hit them? :)
I wasn't able to do it the proper way, but since I played just double stepping it I got used to it and was able to pull them off just as quick as a regular crossover.

EDIT: I would show some pics of my ITG scores but they are all from the first week I started and they are pretty bad.

ckj846
06-3-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh, but if you couldn't crossover, how did you manage to get a 90%+ on nearly all the ITG songs? And even you yourself said that you didn't have great timing, but to get a +90%, you would need excellent timing. +90% is nearly AAA the song, and I don't think you can do it. So, go ahead and post some pics of your ITG scores. And while you are at it, post a video of you getting better than 90% on a song in ITG on expert without crossingover. If not, I believe you are a giant BSer. Stop being such a hypocrite. This thread was about how long it took you to get to heavy, not some bs about your top scores. Stop bragging.
O_o

-Fallen-
06-3-2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry I don`t live in Edmonton anymore so there is no ITG in Quebec. I am not lieing, and just because YOU don`t do crossovers my way doesn`t mean it`s not possible PLUS I STILLcould get 90+ with a few miss too so wtf are you talking about?

90%+ isn`t hard to do, your full of shit or need to go and maybe actually play ITG.

And I do have plenty of Top5 scores on all the songs on that machine back in Edmonton.

I don`t have to stop bragging but seeing as your whining about it I will,I know it hard to accept someone better than you but deal with it, for every amazingg person at anything there is still better somewhere out there.

ckj846
06-4-2005, 06:29 PM
I wasn't whining, but if that is how you looked at it, you are deeply mistaken. I don't mean to flame you, offend you, or even hurt your feelings. I just can't tolerate when people are hypocritical and rude, especially to noobs. You were out right bragging and I didn't like it. So, I do believe you are very good at DDR, but you just aren't the best in the world. You might be better than me, you might not, but I don't think this is the point. This was only brought up because you were lying. Oh, and work on your grammar and typing... and, I'm glad you aren't bragging anymore. Thank you very much.
O_o

Braydz
06-5-2005, 12:51 AM
Am I the noob being referred to here?

-Fallen-
06-5-2005, 01:20 AM
Well that's the thing ck, I havn't lied about any of my scores or ability to get 90%+ on ITG. One more thing, I was just at the arcades the other night and requested they check into ITG and well there is a 50% chance of them getting it IF there is a machine available for distribution so we'll see what happens within the next few weeks and if we get the machine I'll show you.

Chrissi
06-6-2005, 02:31 PM
I started playing heavy about a month ago and I got my pad for xmas, so that means about 4 or 5 months.

Braydz
06-6-2005, 11:05 PM
My DDR Extreme arrived last night, and today I passed Cartoon Heroes Heavy. Total gameplay, including arcades, is about 3 hours

EDIT: It was a total fluke, and I highly doubt I can do it again within the next week or so... Although I can now consistantly pass A Heavy with a C or B

Anuj
06-7-2005, 09:19 PM
i beat max 300 in the first week i played it...

sup robby

-Fallen-
06-8-2005, 06:31 AM
Sup Anuj.

I was always too tired to pass it, but I did have the skills to beat it..just too tired :P

magister_negi_magi
06-8-2005, 07:21 AM
That is EXACTLY how some of the songs work out for me. I can read them with almost no difficulty whatsoever, but my body just doesn't have enough energy to carry throughout the entire song. With enough stamina, I could be the next Yasu Yasunori.

-Fallen-
06-8-2005, 07:54 AM
k guyz srsly i r bs.

My claims are outrageous yes, but not totally impossible. Some are like "whoa no way" like a few like Vetex is kinda of bs, but I didn't mention it but yeah.

Screens to come soon enough.

EDIT: The only scores I'll have trouble following up on is some of those ITG ones, DDR ones I'll have no problem.

DDR_9-footer
06-10-2005, 06:01 AM
took me about 4 months more or less the first song i passed was ever snow 0_o im weird

Warp911
06-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Ive been looking at the times people say they have done it in and some of you are lieing out your ass..... the shortest time posibly for some to get to 7 foot heavy songs would take at least 2-3weeks. not one day and 2days you liers

DDR_9-footer
06-11-2005, 06:00 AM
[quote="Warp911"]Ive been looking at the times people say they have done it in and some of you are lieing out your ass..... the shortest time posibly for some to get to 7 foot heavy songs would take at least 2-3weeks. not one day and 2days you liers

dont bumb topics

DDR_9-footer
06-11-2005, 07:44 AM
That is EXACTLY how some of the songs work out for me. I can read them with almost no difficulty whatsoever, but my body just doesn't have enough energy to carry throughout the entire song. With enough stamina, I could be the next Yasu Yasunori.

same here though im fat so its even harder :(

KoOk13
06-12-2005, 08:13 AM
I was the one who got 1ll_egal into ddr i was the one who told him about ffr and we bout da same level...anywais it took me about 2 weeks bcuz i had to go to my neighbours because i didn't have it yet and all they had was a friggin mad catz mat.

-Fallen-
06-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Ive been looking at the times people say they have done it in and some of you are lieing out your ass..... the shortest time posibly for some to get to 7 foot heavy songs would take at least 2-3weeks. not one day and 2days you liers

You suck then.

Yesterday I was playing DDR and I tried Holic (heavy) first time ever and got 13 greats I'll SDG it next weekend and hopefully have a AAA soon, it's so easy for some reason..

ckj846
06-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Some people are just naturally good at DDR. I wasn't, but I was able to get good after a long time. Because I didn't play seriously, it took me over 3 years. Then again, I was a fourth grader when I started. Now, with a lot of practice, I can pass every DDR song. Of course, I have been on heavy for 3 years too... ITG is a different story though...
O_o

magister_negi_magi
06-12-2005, 09:50 PM

Eat this. A guy that works in a restaurant across from the arcade in my mall has a perfect view of the DDR machine, and sees me play often. He asks me to teach him how to play like me. He's in good physical condition, with no previous Bemani experience at all. I start him off on Beginner, and he quickly masters that. I move him up to Light, and in three games, he can do Afronova with no difficulty. Onward to Standard. We do slow songs to get the feel of the increased number of steps, then do some of the quicker songs. He feels pretty comfortable with it now, and asks to move up to something harder. I put it on Let's Groove Tonight, Heavy. He passes with a LOT of difficulty, just barely passed it. We use the next six or so games to work on arrow reading. Last game before he has to leave. Last song. Freckles, Heavy. He passes with a C. We totally whored the machine, and he bar rapes, but he passed a seven footer in 4 hours, and he's never played Bemani before. A week later, he can pass most seven footers, and like, one eight footer(Ever Snow). So Warp911, it's possible to do some heavy songs in a couple hours.

ckj846
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Well, it is possible if you were serious and had someone to help you get to heavy... However, I started DDR when it first came out in Japan. There were few people who could pass any songs on Maniac. So, I was not able to get to heavy for a long time. And plus, I was a whimpy little 4th grader who was in horrible physical condition. So, it all depends if you are determined, you have a great teacher, and how old you are. The younger, the less serious you usually are, thus making it longer to get to heavy.
O_o

Braydz
06-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Anyone who thinks I'm calling bs here is a moron. I was seriously playing 1998 heavy and passing after a few hours of play. And just last night, after a week of playing other than the two times I had tried weeks before, I passed Afronova heavy on a C. I've only been playing semi-seriously now for a week, but before that, had only played twice. That second times was when I played and passed my first Heavy.

Mindfields
06-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Here's my little chart from when I started playing once per week:
Week 1-Light
Week 2-Standard
Week 4-8 footers
Week 6-10 footers
:D

ckj846
06-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Lets see... This is my chart:
1st year: Basic
2nd year: Basic
3rd year: Basic/Trick
4th year: Trick
5th year: HEAVY YO!
lol
O_o

magister_negi_magi
06-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I started out on MAX2, so I started on Light...

1st month--Light, and the only song I ever played was Baby Love Me.
3rd month--Standard.
7th month--First Heavy song ever passed--Holic.
1 year--My arcade got Extreme, and I started playing Oni, if available.

Hurleyguyy
07-10-2005, 08:14 AM
I advanced to heavy in about 3 weeks after getting DDR Extreme home version. Thats 6-9 footers it proly took another 3 weeks to get the basic 10 footers down. I couldn't do LoM or MaXx untill like 2 weeks later, but Sakura and Max 300 i could do with ease.

littledeathwish
07-10-2005, 10:30 AM
It took me and my partnet about two months to both get A's on Jana Jana.

cute_lil_girl_devil
07-10-2005, 02:21 PM
I've been playing for about a yearish but i started playing on light now i play on Heavy. I also play on challenge but not challenge mode just the difficulty

Chris_Silv3r
07-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Iv found that Max 2 is harder then Extream. I bought Extream for Home and with small previus experience started playing heavy after 2 weeks of pretty hardcore playing. Iv been playing seriusly for about a month now, and when I unlocked everything i got Max 2. Iv been playin that for a week now and iv found that the steps for heavy are alot harder then Extream. I can beat the majority of them but its annoying somtimes that I cant beat some 8 footers with high chaos. So im gona say that i did it and anybody could learn in a pretty fast time if you really get into it and devote alot of time. But id start with Max 2 because its alot easier to get to heavy on Extream and it hurts you later when your playing more skilled songs as apose to songs baced purly on stamina and minimal skill.

97Cents
07-27-2005, 06:31 AM
I don't remember exactly how long it took me to get to Heavy.
I started playing it in, like, November.
I jumped from Light to Standard in the course of 3 hours one day and I was at Heavy [7 footers] about late December.
I only play once or twice a month, at the most.
I'm just getting used to 9 and 10 footers now...

Oh yea, the home version of Extreme is easier than MAX and MAX2.
Extreme > MAX2 > MAX in my opinion.

vinnyvalentino
07-29-2005, 10:29 PM
2 weeks for me.

XDDRCutieX
07-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Well I have been playing DDR for about 2 years, almost 3. It took me one year to play on heavy because I didn't play as much. Now i play all songs on heavy and some songs on challenging.
~Rach~

Telvanni_guard
07-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Not sure. If I remember right, it took me a few months. Was only able to go to the arcade for about once a week on some months, then 2 times a month others. All for about 3 hours. Eh.

Eyoshi
07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
It took me around three months to play Heavy on 7-footers, 8-footers, and a few 9-footers. However, it wasn't until maybe the March of this year that I could pass all 7,8, and 9-footers.

drjackel817
08-3-2005, 09:10 PM
took me about a week, to do the legend of max on standard not really impressive if u think so, but i passed senorita, holic, rythem and blues, and tsugaru, about 3 days after i did sakura on heavy.....in which i passed(well if u call a centimeter of health left)

short222
08-4-2005, 08:46 PM
it took me a few months before i could do heavy, now i can pass every song except the max's, i can get an A on almost every heavy song, only a few that i can only get a B on. Im still working on it though, I'll be getting A's on Rhythm And Police soon. I've been playing for about a year or two, not really keeping track.

splah
08-7-2005, 07:24 PM
it took me 5 fricken years to get to heavy but the best thing is being 12 and owning the crap out of some 18 year old dude and watching his girlfriend laughing and giving you a hug. :D And really, whats better than that?

Anuj
08-8-2005, 11:15 AM
being the boyfriend is better then that... duh =P

Dark_flame15
08-12-2005, 11:33 AM
when i first started heavy......it was...about.........1 week after i got the game............i think it was ecstasy that started me on heavy...lol ^^ i just tried it....and i was hooked on hard songs...now i can pass MAX 300 on heavy with a C.... i'm so happy ^-^

SoggyWaffulz
08-12-2005, 11:50 AM
it took me about a week... now i can do most 9 footers, max's are just crazy because i dont use a bnar so

Person08
08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm not really sure how it took me...

I first got MAX and two regular pads about 3 years ago and played on them for a couple months until they died. (Not that hard to kill them, I wasn't playing everyday either) So I had to lay off for a while. I think by that time I had attempted and passed a couple of Heavy songs. The easiest ones, I assure you. It wasn't until I got some new pads with the faom inserts last Christmas along with MAX2 that I started played daily, and now I can get an A on most of the heavy songs, with some AAs.

Annadenexe
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Hmm... I first started playing after I saw this inhumanly good guy at Six Flags doing A for the whole day. I think it was the fact that I wanted to be better than him that I started XD I mean, I've only really been playing DDR since May. My first seven-footer would be Love Love Sugar.

You know, it kinda sucks. After all this time, being able to at least A all of the Max Series on Heavy, I still can't do A on Challenge...-_-

fire_pnoy09
09-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Lets see, 1 week when i started on butterfly rmx japanese virson of ddr3mix, i could do it in maniac, now i can do Bag, memmorized ; ) (bag memmorized took me 2 weeks of playing that dam song,.... and its not on X3 :wink:

Test_account
09-24-2005, 08:37 PM
It took me no time to get to heavy until i realized I had little steps on and started from square one all over again.

Once I could get past light and learn the 1/8 notes i could do almost anysong

QreepyBORIS
09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
It took me 3 tries to beat Tsugaru heavy. It took one to beat Sakura heavy. And that was when I started. But it was on pad, not machine--I suck at machine, really badly.

supercrakerband
09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Max2 is a million times easier then extreme. So learning on extreme is much harder.

Kick the can was the first for me.
well no duh ddr max 2 is easier :o :o

Nyokou
09-30-2005, 09:12 PM
I first played when I was about 10, in 4th grade. I sucked so bad, but I only played DDR at the arcades like 5 times an ENTIRE year from then until just a couple of weeks ago when I celebrated my 14th bday. I had played DDR like a maniac at King's Dominion and I totally craved it.. so I bought the home version. It took me one day to master standard and 3 days at least to pass Heavy. The only DDR game I have right now is DDR MAX 2. It's very easy... I was able to pass Maxx Unlimited on Heavy after about 5-7 days.. Fun stuff. And no.. I am not a guy..

You want proof that I'm good at DDR? I'll give you proof once my dad decides to get off his lazy ass and fix my camera. LoL.

u___u;

SMGod
10-1-2005, 03:05 AM
Passing maxx unlimited doesn't make you good :) Even if you can AA it that's not that impressive :P

Nyokou
10-1-2005, 08:47 AM
Yeah, well, I don't care what you think.
Stop picking on me just cause I'm a newbie at DDR... geez. Not everyone is as good as maybe you or other people. Why not try to be a little supportive instead of trying to bring my spirit's down?

How immature... I swear.. people these days... =|

Torlock
10-1-2005, 10:39 AM
It took me about 6 months, but I only got to go to the arcade twice a month for 1-2 hours.

Zarbon
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
EDIT: oops....double posted....dam lag....

Zarbon
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
It took me about a 3 months to get to heavy but thats because I didn't own the game... I just got it a few moths ago and ever since I have owned it I could play heavy songs. I can pass alot of the DDr Extreme songs on heavy but AA only about half of 'em =\ The only song I can't do on it is The Legend of Max on heavy...it's really annoying.

Snapps
10-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I played twice every four months when I was 9. Because of that, it took me until 11.

I'm really sad though I wasn't able to play every month. I would be up there with the best.

gowereinside
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I've been playing for about 4 months now, but i have not played in a good month so i could full combo the easy heavy songs so i guess i am going to be full-blown heavy soon.^_^

kyuseisha
10-12-2005, 05:02 PM
well, let's see before I actually started playing ddr I had never played in my whole life. anyway, i started to play ddr because a friend of mine (whom I hadn't seen in like forever) talked me into it back in early march and about four months later I started to play in heavy.
since that first time I would go to the local arcade w/ my friends about once or twice a month, and now that i've been playing heavy for a while, we go about 3 to 4 times a week. ^^

Shiden
10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
3 days

HealingVisionRemixed
10-25-2005, 03:55 AM
Three months. First song I ever beat was B4U.

DarknessFlames90
10-25-2005, 05:04 AM
less then 3 hours cuz im really good at stepmania =P

BlackPlague
10-25-2005, 07:27 AM
Took me like 20 min...i really diddnt start on light or standered....lol

RevenG-
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
It took me like 8 months(a long time compared to my friends). However, now I'm better than all of them.

SMGod
10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
took you 20 min? Aren't you the person getting shitty scores on pandemonium medium?...

Anuj
10-26-2005, 10:24 AM
How long did it take you to do ITG expert songs Anuj?

Oh, my first song was on expert, so 0 seconds I guess

Radical_Bob
10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I have started playing SM 40 days ago, now i m able to AA hlaf of my 9 footers and a large part of my 10. I ve about 900 songs. I press about 40.000 key per day (o know that thanks to a soft called "the-turtle").

firefight
10-26-2005, 07:57 PM
icould so light in a week , standerd in a month and heavy in 3 monysh i dont know why it took me so long....... DAMN AROWWS

Hsarus
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
It took me 1 or 2 week to be at heavy 9 foot an make rythm and police.
playing la almost 24 hours a day :lol: and after was Max 300 in a month and Max Unlimated 1 month ½ oh well it took me 5months to clear them all. And know theres In the groove thats way harder With Pandamonium and Blood Rush gosh its hard at expert Loll Oh and Know its been 2yr I'm playing the game so Lamo

RevenG-
10-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Jeez, I think a lot of you lie. Seriously. Some of you are telling the truth but some of you are just out of your minds to say you can do some stuff that fast.(Hsarus I dont think your lying).

madaznskilzz
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
4 months of playing til i tried kick the can
passed it with a C and was dead tired
XD

Moogy
11-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I played heavy on my first day.

camigirl4k3
11-20-2005, 06:15 PM
^above^...wow..are you ..a god or something?
It took me about 2 months to get from "DDR?...you mean some sort of disease?" to playing Dream a Dream on Heavy.

Renommus
12-1-2005, 03:28 PM
Been playing about a month, and can pass any 8-Footers, and a few 9s. First heavy song was B4U, I believe.

DJSBX
12-12-2005, 07:20 PM
hmm lets see.

I randomly bought 7th mix with a soft pad. I got to standard at home in like 3 days.
I got to heavy at arcade in like a week.

AA'ed my first song like a month later (which was A heavy)

I beat survivor like 2 months after that with a B (then got an A)
beat maxx unlimited like a month after that with an A
beat max 300 the next day 3 times with an A each time
beat LOM a couple weeks after that with an A
about 3 or 4 months after that I beat PSMO with an A
then somewhere after that I beat psmh with a B.. then upgraded that to an A some time later.

and now I have AA'ed everything cept maxx, lom, psmh, and psmo (new score recently 11 greats on paranoia survivor ^^)

uhh yea.. lol I think I am getting ahead of myself here

btw this was like 2 years ago (2 years ago in like 3 months)

rshadow8888
12-15-2005, 06:58 AM
I could do light after 2 weeks of playing, standered after about a month and a half, and heavy about 5-6 months. Right now my favorite songs to do on heavy are A and Trip Machine Luv Mix, only A i wish I can do on challenge someday. Challenge mode for A just has way too much air for me to do

RadioLegit
12-20-2005, 05:13 PM
You just have to be naturally good. I did it first try.

MrGiggles
12-20-2005, 10:33 PM
From the day I first played DDR, my first song.

From the day I first played anything DDR (foot) related, about three weeks.

ckj846
12-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I think a lot of these people are lying..... Well, I didn't bother reading most of them just because dey al tolk lyke dis. Well, not sure if I posted in this thread or not since it is pretty old but I"ll just post it again. It took 3 years for me to get to heavy. Most of your nooby minds who read this might think, OH MI GAWD, U SUXXORS. But, I started DDR when it wasn't even released here in the US. It was brand new in Japan so, nobody was good at all. Also remember that I was in 2nd grade. It took me 3 years to get to heavy, mostly because the attention span of a 2nd grader is a lot less than your attention span. So, I"m not one of those child prodigys that can AAA Max 300 in the first month of ever trying DDR like almost half of these posts ITT claim. And yes, I am calling bs on almost all of these unless they are completely reasonable. Something reasonable would be anywhere from 3 months and above. And thats if you are playing A LOT. And when you say you can do heavy, it doesn't count if you do Butterfly on Heavy. I mean real songs that are at least 7-8 and you can get a B or an A AT LEAST. This thread is going to die anyways, so I'm pointlessly rambling about nothing....
O_o

spel_werdzrite
12-21-2005, 01:03 AM
It took me about a year to pass you're average song on heavy.
I've been playing for five years or so and last Fruday I pulled off my all-time goal.
A perfect combo on PARANOiA Survivor MAX Oni (655 Combo-124 Greats)
I got a pick on my cell, I'll get a web account and prove it because some people *cough ckj cough 846* are difficult to convince.

Conspire
12-25-2005, 05:25 PM
i got straight onto light... few weeks later i was standard.. a few weeks after that I was doing the easy heavy songs with C's and B's.. Then after a few months I could A those, and at the point I am now, B'ing and A'ing 8-9.. I'm lucky to pass a 10.

tiggy2525
01-5-2006, 07:59 AM
it was 1 month for me to start passing 8 heavy but now i have been playing for 6 months now
and 9 footers are not to hard but the damn 10 are hard as hell

eVILPeeR
01-8-2006, 11:06 PM
Sakura in 2 months
First heavy song passed, woot.

Conspire
01-9-2006, 01:00 AM
I kind of find it hard to believe the FIRST heavy song you passed was sakura, but maybe thats just me.

SheSheChan
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
It took me a few months to be able to pass Afronova on heavy. I was like, 8 though.

super-smashman
01-10-2006, 07:27 PM
SM for a year prior = Heavy in 2 days.

Passed Kind Lady with a B on the second time ever setting foot on a dance pad. (excluding that time when I was like 10 and didn't even understand the concept when I tried it)

By the 4th day I could do 9 footers.

ddr_f4n
01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
it took me about 5 days to beat heavy on healing vision (or maybe it was B4U)

-Tu-
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
i think its funny when some people like to say they got there way faster then what they did. guess it makes them feel like hot shit.. and dont flame me for that either

it took me about 1 - 1 1/2 years. slow learner but im proud of that cause i have a majority of the songs memorized along with bpms, steps, my high scores, and melodies. im practically a dictionary. awesome you made it in 4 days 1ll-egal. but you still need more play if you wanna be a true player

super-smashman
01-13-2006, 05:15 AM
Haha, you raelly think having every song memorized makes you a better player?

If someone has been playing for a few days and can match your scores then they are just as good as you are.

the_ddrperson
01-22-2006, 11:40 AM
1 week.

Natira_Widow
01-26-2006, 05:29 AM
It took me to do heavy on Dream only 3 days.....

MarvPRO69
01-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Damn 4 days..
It took me about 5-6 months before I could really master heavy

Gray Fox
10-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Sorry about this bump people, my friend was stupid enough to use my account for his unknown reasons. Don't worry I'll get after him!

Newbified
10-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Nice bump!

ddrfreak925
10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I started standard when I was 6 years old =)

Nyokou
10-28-2006, 07:23 PM
I think FFR helped me get good at DDR fast.. cause I never really played DDR before I got into FFR. Uhm, I guess I passed my first heavy song in about 1 or 2 months. Only because I was playing every single day.