PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe.....

Burninthefloor
02-18-2005, 12:30 PM
In my opinion, most intense DDR players would die for their own Arcade style machine at home, right? Well I want one and it would look perfect in my basement. Of course my parents said, "N-O." But, my 16th birthday is a year from November 2005 (a long time off I know) and since 16 is such a highly recognized age, I was thinking that as my big Sweet 16 gift my parents could buy me an Arcade Style DDR Machine.
My mom said, "Well, what if you don't like DDR as much as you do now in 2 years?"
I said, "I highly doubt that will happen, but I have 2 years to out grow the phase and if I don't, then would you consider it?"
My mom miraculously said, "It's cheaper than a car and if it's something you'll use for they rest of your life then I will think about it."
How awesome would it be to have a DDR Machine in my house! I hope I get one, my life would be complete and my friends would just love it!!!!!!!!

Chromer
02-18-2005, 01:55 PM
First off, a DDR machine cheaper than a car? Ha! Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha!!!!!! Aww man, that was too rich! But anyway, you might want to recheck your facts. A good DDR Machine will set you back at least 7-10,000 dollars. Maybe.

Spazzbite
02-18-2005, 03:57 PM
PFFFFFFFFFFFF. I can guarantee that you'll grow old of it very very fast. I suggest you get a IIDX machine rather, since everything's keysounded and awesome like that.

Tsuteto
02-18-2005, 04:59 PM
IIDX is good. DDR is good. Depending on how often you play them, they'll get kinda old quick. Me... I would rather get a Dance Maniax machine, because you can just do so flipping much with it. But that's my opinion. So... yeah.

Pooping_Panda
02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I would get a car instead.

I use to be like you, playing DDR whenever i could, i thought it was the gretest thing ever, then i got bored with it and now i play whenever im by a machine, only once, then stop. Get a car. A DDR machine would be a waste of money.

Neonatrias
02-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Me... I would rather get a Dance Maniax machine, because you can just do so flipping much with it. But that's my opinion. So... yeah.

Amen.

Tsuteto
02-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Me... I would rather get a Dance Maniax machine, because you can just do so flipping much with it. But that's my opinion. So... yeah.

Amen.

Holy crap, someone actually knows what I'm talking about?

Also, if you get a DDR machine, it might be interesting. Me, I might get one, then let it go to use in a local arcade, in which they get about 25% of the profit that is gained in it, while I get the rest. A lot to go through to see if it'll work, but hell, why not get paid for it too? Of course, keeping it maintained would suck.

babybenji2004
02-19-2005, 07:17 AM
good god. don't get a ddr machine. Get Pump or ITG. I haven't played ITG but one thinkg is for sure, pump is much better than DDR. Of course, thats only my oppinion. I would really like a drummania machine. If you do get a DDR machine though, get stepmaniaa on it XD

Tsuteto
02-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Wouldn't get ITG. I haven't played it yet, but people that I know and trust aren't happy with most of the stepcharts on it. Repetitiveness for singles, too much crossing-over or something like that with doubles, and a whole bunch of other things.

ckj846
02-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Thats soooooooooooo dumb.......
Rather get a car and have a life than a ddr machine in your basement.
Not to be rude or anything..........
just get the car and your life will be much better!!!
lol
srry 4 bein a jerk, but its the truth.
O_o

Tsuteto
02-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Car = not a solution to everything. Some people don't necesarilly need it. For example, me. Most places I need to go, I can go on my bike. If I need to go somewhere farther, I normally can get a ride with a friend at sometime (lately though, I doubt this might be happening), or my parents can drive me. I don't plan on going on any dates, mostly due to me liking to being alone.

But yeah, I wouldn't get a DDR machine unless there was more profit from it rather than home use.

Draigun
02-19-2005, 08:36 PM
As I've said before, my friends and I bought a DDR Extreme arcade machine. It cost us $7,000 for everything (including shipping) and we are VERY satisfied. It's great to be able to play for free and all, and still make money off it. ;)

And for tsu, ITG is great. I love it. The stepcharts don't suck, and they're not repetetive. It's a very original and unusual twist to DDR, music-style and stepchart-style.

Tsuteto
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Meh, when I play it, I'll make my own judgement on the whole thing. I would download the stepfiles they have for SM... but they aren't technically complete. So I'll be waiting on that. Unfortunately, the nearest ITG is about 45 mins - 1 hour away from my house. Salt Lake City... god I hate Utah.

Squeek
02-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I would much prefer Dance Maniax. It's the only Bemani game I ever played and I loved it. It's about 2,000 where I saw one online too.

~Squeek

Tsuteto
02-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah. I thought DMX would be more expensive than that. Speaking of which... click this! (http://www.teamsoor.com/~blarg/DMX3rdMixlarge.mov)

Somebody ran SM through DMX, modified it, made it work, things like that. It's pretty awesome overall. If I can figure out how to do that, I'm SO doing it.

eVILPeeR
02-20-2005, 01:24 AM
I would honestly go for a cabinet, spare computer and a metal pad and just build my own machine. How can you go wrong with the possibility of putting ANY and ALL DDR simfiles, along with ITG and even customizing it? It's a bit of work, but it isn't that hard to do.

Tsuteto
02-20-2005, 07:54 AM
True, but it's also not the same feel overall. We all know that it isn't the correct timing for DDR, even the one that modifies the .ini. But that is the best thing to technically do. However, FINDING the cabinent itself can be quite annoying.

babybenji2004
02-20-2005, 07:59 AM
that is definitely one of the coolest things i have ever seen. gg tsuteto. My arcade is getting rid of there dm machine, they did just get guitar freaks and bm core remix though.

hydrojakep
02-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I'd never get a ddr machine.

just hook up a metal pad to stepmania.

the_daiz
02-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I would KILL for DDR Extreme for Arcade style. It has all DDR's in one! You can only buy them from Konami though, and it would be like $500 UPS Air shipping. We're talking like 6 Grand's here man. Don't get your hopes up.

Spazzbite
02-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I would actually take Pooping Panda's advice and get the car, now that I realize it. Since in a few years you probably won't go "Fuck, I'm bored of driving, I'm gonna get a boat instead." Hell, a car can get you to the mall so you can play DDR there. Plus, chicks dig guys that can drive them places. After all, you wouldn't want your mom to have to drive you and your date to the prom, would you?

Tsuteto
02-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I would KILL for DDR Extreme for Arcade style.

Get your facts straight and don't come back to me in the morning.

that is definitely one of the coolest things i have ever seen. gg tsuteto. My arcade is getting rid of there dm machine, they did just get guitar freaks and bm core remix though.

Isn't it? www.teamsoor.com is the site in which that thing is based in. I'm thinking of asking for instructions as to how they did that. And you're also lucky. Here, we only have DDR... DMX 2nd mix... some PIU's which are about half an hour either way from where I live... and ITG about 45 mins - an hour away. Where I live just sucks... *sigh*.

Also, for the most part, a car would work. For your sixteenth, it's the best thing too. Get your driver's license early, and get a car ASAP. Would help your life... unless you're like me.

Larena
02-20-2005, 08:25 PM
I would rather have a DDR machine than a car.......but maybe that's cause I really don't want a car anyways. I will probably never have either..........*sigh*

Dark_Silo
02-25-2005, 07:45 PM
JUST BUY A METAL MAT its that simple all the point is buy a tv coming to the height of a DDR machine and get like two ddr mats. Cheaper and better sorta. Also you just need to go to the arcade to use the machine AND show off.