PDA

View Full Version : Profile Spam Issue

^Sorrow^
04-15-2016, 04:40 PM
This will be my first post in the forums and that being because I have a question concerning profiles like these, so I can not make any links to anything

However there are profiles with random Mario characters and items, profiles with some weird dudes that look like Edward Scissor hands with neat hair, ect. Basically they have a profile with the same rank (5####), no games played, a nonsensical description, and homepage.

The one who is doing it is not using them for any specific purpose, they are taking room in FlashFlashRevolution's database system, they are still being made, and they completely defeat the purpose of

"Cleaning the profiles out by sorting the deac the inactive ones." I am so irritated by it and I'm wondering if anyone can take notice of it and know any way to stop the random profiles from spamming the database.

Red Blaster
04-15-2016, 04:48 PM
We ban them as soon as they get made!
(or at least whenever someone with the power to ban sees them!)

However to my knowledge an FFR account is undeletable under normal circumstances, so I do think that even if they get banned the accounts still exist to some extent.

It's also been discussed before that it's hard to crack down on them in a more serious manner as the person(s) involved use multiple different IPs which makes preventive measures a tricky subject.

If you would like to help, you can always use the report function on their profiles! It's the ! located at the top right corner of the profiles :cool:

PrawnSkunk
04-16-2016, 01:04 AM
*shakes aerosol can of bug spray* I think I've exterminated this particular breed of spambot.

XelNya
04-16-2016, 02:05 AM
*shakes aerosol can of bug spray* I think I've exterminated this particular breed of spambot.

Funny, I thought you used flame throwers.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

BOT BUSTERS.

/i'm not sorry

PrawnSkunk
04-16-2016, 02:12 AM
Hopefully this is for good. The vaccine has been applied, so we just wait for the virus to mutate.

supermoe1985
04-16-2016, 05:40 AM

Nope. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Schmaldr/

^Sorrow^
04-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad to know that these profiles are being booted out of FFR. XD

PrawnSkunk
04-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I'm still trying to prevent them from registering based on similar IP ranges and e-mail providers. Unfortunately, it's a bad idea to ban by avatar, as that is one thing that hasn't changed over time~