PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain what MusicBytes are?

rayword45
08-1-2015, 12:14 PM
This shit is always set to 0 in sm files.

I've played this goddamn game for 8 years now and I have no idea still on what this shit is used for.

Rapta
08-1-2015, 12:16 PM
I've played this goddamn game for 8 years now and I have no idea still on what this shit is used for

lel

V-Ormix
08-1-2015, 03:39 PM
Music bytes is clearly a type of cereal were they burned a copy of turn it down for what to play on a boom box that they clone a thousand times and shrink it with the ray from honey I shrunk the kids and then they add honey flavor.

br1mst0ne
04-10-2024, 12:52 AM
yoooo we love necrobumping threads that don't mean shit anymore

anyway here's what i said in the discord server:
in a build somewhere between 1.64 and 3.00b4 (at least from what i can find on smarchive), the "MUSICBYTES" variable ended up getting added to the m_iMusicBytes variable in c++ land, also got printed for debug reasons but used LITERALLY nowhere else

my guess would be that it was testing for how large a wav file is in bytes, but even then that's a far stretch; you'd probably have to ask one of the original devs, and even then i doubt they'd know
also no, MUSICBYTES doesn't exist before 1.64

in general i'd guess this was an old testing variable, kinda like GAMESTATE : Dopefish() but just.. purposely added for testing instead of being a joke? i have no idea