PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet Rap Dumps

NeonSM
06-24-2014, 10:18 PM
This pack is dedicated to rap music. Yes, all of your favorites from snoop to juicy j will be allowed! Even spoof rap is acceptable (and foreign rap). The goal is to make fun and challenging charts. There is no limit to the amount of times you can send in files, but you will only have one chance to edit a rejected file (so make it count). Difficulty will run from around 10-30 on an objective scale. files with vibro sections will not be denied instantaneously, but keep it tasteful. We want files that the majority of skilled rhythm gamers can play.

Send your submissions to this account: RatchetRapDumps@gmail.com
Happy Stepping~

Judges

NeonSM

BilliumMoto

Submitted

XelNya- Beat Calls-Scotty & Brendo and revision 1
Skwid- Bad as Fuck
BilliumMoto-Nippontradamus and revision 1
Skwid-Shell Shocked
Scintill-Chatterbox
NeonSM-Turn Down for What
NeonSM/Skwid- Apple Bottom Jeans
Wafles- Aerosol Can
Skwid- You Can Get Murked
Wafles- Keys to the Kingdom
MinaciousGrace- Eff Grandad
NeonSM- Black and Yellow
NeonSM- Don't Hold the Wall
Ormix- Gangster's Paradise

Reviewed

XelNya- Beat Calls-Scotty & Brendo and revision 1
Skwid- Bad as Fuck- Crazy-T
BilliumMoto- Nippontradamus and revision 1
Skwid-Shell Shocked-Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign
Scintill- Chatterbox
NeonSM- Turn down for What
NeonSM/Skwid- Apple Bottom Jeans
Wafles- Aerosol Can
Skwid- You Can Get Murked
Wafles- Keys to the Kingdom
MinaciousGrace- Eff Grandad
NeonSM-Black and Yellow
NeonSM-Don't Hold the Wall
Ormix- Gangster's Paradise

Accepted

(Skwid) Bad as Fuck- Crazy-T
(Skwid) Shell Shocked-Juicy J, Wiz Khalifa, Ty Dolla $ign
(Skwid) You Can Get Murked- Juicy J
(XelNya) Beat Calls-Scotty & Brendo revision 1
(Scintill) Chatterbox
(NeonSM) Turn down for what
(NeonSM/Skwid) Apple Bottom Jeans
(Wafles) Aerosol Can
(BilliumMoto) Nippontradamus
(Wafles) Keys to the Kingdom
(MinaciousGrace) Eff Grandad
(NeonSM) Black and Yellow
(Midare) Down (?)
(NeonSM) Don't Hold the Wall
(Ormix)- Gangster's Paradise

Rejected

Needs Editing
(BilliumMoto) Nippontradamus [x] Needs editing. Edited.
(XelNya) The Beat Calls revision 1 [x] XelNya edit.

Wayward Vagabond
06-24-2014, 10:27 PM
I had a legit rap pack going but I stopped caring about Stepmania

NeonSM
06-24-2014, 10:31 PM
I had a legit rap pack going but I stopped caring about Stepmania

You are a pgood stepfile artist, so if you had any extras from this pack I would definitely consider accepting some. But then I'd prolly have to reconsider the nature of this pack as a strictly "dump" pack. When or if we reach a consensus on this I will get back to you.

Mahou
06-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Lol...The next episode was ridic.

Wayward Vagabond
06-25-2014, 03:44 AM
You are a pgood stepfile artist, so if you had any extras from this pack I would definitely considering accepting some. But then I'd prolly have to reconsider the nature of this pack as a strictly "dump" pack. When or if we reach a consensus on this I will get back to you.

Alright sweet

Also can I submit my file for the next episode to this. I don't remember if I released it or not

NeonSM
06-25-2014, 08:40 AM
There was already a next episode file released in Mina's 3rd megapack, don't know if that was yours or not.

James May
06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
There was already a next episode file released in Mina's 3rd megapack, don't know if that was yours or not.

That was his iirc...

Wayward Vagabond
06-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Deng

Mahou
06-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah and it's stupid hard. Only a few people have AAed.

NeonSM
06-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah i remember a really hard 2 3 trill thing in it lol. Anyways i need a concensus here if people would actually want this. If you want I can give you a sample of a file I'm working on if you don't trust that I am capable enough to handle managing a pack.

Wafles
06-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Managing packs is all about sticking to them and keeping your attention focused on getting reviews done quickly. Most packs that fail end up failing because the pack organizers go MIA and/or stop caring about their packs.

Also get at least 1 or 2 additional judges who share your commitment.

MinaciousGrace
06-25-2014, 11:13 AM
popping in to say the 24th trill used to be a 32nd you can all thank me for convincing wc to let me change it bye

NeonSM
06-25-2014, 11:19 AM
popping in to say the 24th trill used to be a 32nd you can all thank me for convincing wc to let me change it bye

Thank you for your gracious input

NeonSM
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm just going to assume that there are no objections to this idea. I am editing the first post now to include submitted, reviewed, and accepted files. please step up to the plate, cause i will probably only submit 3 or so files into this pack (i want it to have some diversity). Also, anyone with experience in step file making can ask to be a judge! Don't be shy! I'm going to need someone who is adept in the technical aspects of making a simfile to help me out a bit.

Looking forward to playing and reviewing submissions! :-)

sweet2kill210
06-28-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm not going to be stepping but I look forward to playing whatever comes out of this. :3

NeonSM
06-30-2014, 12:25 AM
I appreciate it. I am almost done with my second file for this pack. Pretty hyped...though, I haven't been seeing submissions. Crossing my fingers that people are just working on files independently. We'll see how it goes.

Wafles
06-30-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm trying to find a song to step

partially because I want to make a dump file
and partially because I'm out of ideas for new yolo3 files from myself lol

NeonSM
06-30-2014, 10:57 AM
If you need help deciding on something, I could list off some interesting ones on your wall.

Wafles
06-30-2014, 11:33 AM
If I can't find anything I'll hit you up

Coolboyrulez0
07-1-2014, 10:19 AM
language (of song) doesnt matter right

NeonSM
07-1-2014, 02:32 PM
Nope. Rap is rap.

NeonSM
07-5-2014, 02:30 AM
Hey, just a quick bump to talk about a few things. If you look at the first post, you can see that I am taking some really popular songs out of the possible selections, hopefully none of you are stepping any of these. Remember, if you are planning on stepping something for this, you MUST tell me your song selections before submitting. I need to know who is stepping what before getting E-mails, so that I can check out the songs in advanced. And no, I don't care who you are. This is a must. This will most likely be a whole summer thing, but I'm letting you guys know that for the next three weeks I will be able to get reviews done fairly quickly, because my gf left for Russia and I will have a lot more free time opening up. Happy stepping guys. The judge spot is still open for anyone who wants it.

BilliumMoto
07-5-2014, 09:43 AM
sign me up for judge

NeonSM
07-5-2014, 12:56 PM
Sounds good. Will send over the email with pw so you can review submitted files as well. You can also update this page whenever you have the urge.

Wafles
07-5-2014, 12:58 PM
if you are planning on stepping something for this, you MUST tell me your song selections before submitting. I need to know who is stepping what before getting E-mails, so that I can check out the songs in advanced. And no, I don't care who you are. This is a must..

This rule is kinda iffy IMO. I understand the point but yeah...

NeonSM
07-5-2014, 01:04 PM
This rule is kinda iffy IMO. I understand the point but yeah...

Sorry, but it stays. I'd like to avoid any sort of run in with multiple files, And I want a decent amount of time to analyze the songs myself a bit. It isn't that hard to write the artist and song name.

XelNya
07-6-2014, 01:10 PM
I had not checked the thread since you added the new rule sorry about that.

I charted Beat Calls (By Scotty & Brendo)

But I sent it in before this post x.x

NeonSM
07-6-2014, 05:24 PM
I had not checked the thread since you added the new rule sorry about that.

I charted Beat Calls (By Scotty & Brendo)

But I sent it in before this post x.x

That is fine. Honestly, the rule is really more of a request. Though if this stuff happens very frequently I might actually come down on a nig.

ilikexd
07-6-2014, 05:48 PM
2Dqvs44g2ig

NeonSM
07-6-2014, 06:50 PM
Awesome :) Glad to add you to the list Nathan!

Yulanik
07-6-2014, 06:57 PM
assuming this counts

DJztXj2GPfk

NeonSM
07-6-2014, 07:53 PM
Hahaha yeah! Gotta love that eastern flavor

NeonSM
07-7-2014, 10:44 AM
BilliumMoto-> Beat Calls [XelNya]

DDR BPM flux; not a big problem, but should be fixed before release.
Some of the mines are ridiculously close to the notes to where it's almost impossible to hit the notes without hitting a mine with it.
The first gray stream is hilariously dumb. I hope XelNya weren't expecting anyone to actually be able to play that trill-ish thing towards the end of it. (There's also a bad jack at 19.088.)
The streams in the first half of the file don't really express the dynamics of the music very well. The bursts and speed changes in the stream feel random and there are a few major hits in the music which are ignored in the notes.
Don't get me wrong, a lot of the file is great; outside the streams everything is fine, the rolls and stuff are really fun, and the whole second half of the file is well dumped (except for some iffy jacks), I just think there are some things in the first half that are a bit too dumb to be fun.
If XelNya fixes the first half up a bit, I think it would be worth accepting.

NeonSM-> The Beat Calls [XelNya]

I agree with a lot of what Billium stated. Firstly, those mines need to be reworked, because they are impossible atm. Also, the grey trill should be toned down. It doesn't work for me. I said vibro trills/jacks are aloud, but this seemed a little much. I dont even mind the jack at 104, or any of the other 32nds in the 2nd half, since they are actually doable. The roll at the end seemed a little boring to me, maybe you could add transitions every time the beat is accentuated? Like Billium said already, the first half is what you really need to re-work. Other than those things, I really enjoyed the file. It was a fun play through, and some of the streams really played well! I will probably accept the file if the changes Billium and I have suggested are made.

XelNya
07-8-2014, 04:35 PM
I just checked the mines out for myself and I see what you're talking about. (I don't play test dumps because I can't pass them anyways so it's an awful gauge.) I'll go dumb down a few of the early parts.

I did think the trill could be managed, but admittedly the first stream probably not.

I'll try and fix it in the next few days.

NeonSM
07-8-2014, 08:15 PM
Don't get discouraged Xel! It can still be a great file with some editing!

Bad as Fuck- Skwid

Billium-->
Fun file, fun bursts. I found some of the jacks and mines to be unjustified, but great file overall, it's an accept from me.

NeonSM--> I pretty much knew this was gonna be a quick accept after playing through it once. Not too hard, but still, a very fun file to play and score on :) Accept from me as well! I actually liked the jacks in this one :3

Yay, first accepted file of the pack! Congrats Skwid.

NeonSM
07-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Edited OP. You no longer need to tell me in advance your song choice. Have fun stepping. Hopefully we see more submissions. I am pretty lenient on song choice.

Wafles
07-13-2014, 10:34 PM
My files for this will come after Yolo 3 is done. :)

NeonSM
07-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Can't wait! This pack will be a whole summer thing sooo you got plenty of time.

NeonSM
07-23-2014, 08:45 PM
ShellShocked [Skwid] - Those mines at 47.2 s are really mean. Good for a dump, horrible for anything else. There are a few details in parts of the file that should've been done better, but it's a dump, so who cares. I'll take it. <-Billium

I have to agree about the mines, as we already talked though on skype, if it's doable then I cant really complain too much about it. Plus, they aren't excessive. Really awesome song choice here, makes the file that much better. Although it isnt so hard, it still has some tricky sections and is really enjoyable to play. Accepted.

XelNya
07-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Don't get discouraged Xel! It can still be a great file with some editing!

I wasn't discouraged. Just lazy. :D

Sent the fixed one. And before you ask, the new pattern is a reference to White Walls Part 2. It's not the same, but it's similar enough. (It's why the times he says white is all white notes in the first place actually.) I toned the mines down it should make them a lot more doable. Changed a small pattern and such. As to the DDReam thing, I'm afraid I won't be doing that ever. It always drifts the file disgustingly off sync. I also don't understand the issue in the first place honestly.

NeonSM
07-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Beat Calls [XelNya Revision] -
A lot better than before, very nice! Not as good as it could be though. The first drop is too easy now and there are also a few jacks that I personally think are too much, but I'm a noob player so Neon should make the call on that one.
I'll accept it, but strongly feel that you toned down the first drop (the gray region from 18.5 to 20 seconds) too much, and that it should be dumped on a bit harder to match the craziness that is the rest of the file. It would be great if you made a second revision addressing this.
Also, you have to go into the .sm file and fix the bpm flux manually. We'll fix it so don't worry about it, just be aware that it exists.

NeonSM
Im far from a master at this game myself, but yeah the 32nd jacks play tough for me, but they aren't totally out of control. I do though agree with what billium said about the beginning. I think I understand the white walls reference as well, but I'm not so sure everyone else will get it. Assuming that some players will not have played the file. Overall you just need to hit that sweet spot between not too easy and not too hard in the beginning. When you do this the file will be successful in my eyes. That being said, it is still pretty fun regardless, and I will accept it. Strongly urge you to take a look at the beginning again. Also, the mines played well this time :)

NeonSM
07-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Chatterbox [Scintill]

Billium
Love it, fun easy file, not really dumpy, suggesting that you make a dumb(er) beg difficulty just for the purpose of the pack name, but still accepted if you don't wanna do that
and try to remember to fix ddream bpm flux before sending in stuff just to make the pack organizers' jobs a little easier.

NeonSM
I adore this file for what it is. And in saying that, I understand your desire to not make it more dumpy. That being said, it is still a very artistic file. It has great replay value, and is extremely fun to play on rates. At first I was going to deny it just on the basis that it wasn't as dumpy as I wanted it to be, but after hearing Billium's response to it, and after playing it a couple more times, I just can't say no. Accepted.

NeonSM
07-31-2014, 11:28 PM
Aerosol Can [Wafles]

Billium
Well stepped, a little bland but very enjoyable for those who like the beat/song.

NeonSM
I have to agree that I felt you could've added a bit more to the file, but, The chart makes sense, the trills are fun as hell, and I genuinely enjoyed the song choice here. I think the song choice is what really pushed me over the edge on this one.
Accepted.

As a side note, I hope that our future downloader's understand that dump files don't always have to be 32nd streams at some ridiculous bpm; that they can be much more when applied artistically, and that "dump" doesn't always mean hardpain.

XelNya
08-1-2014, 02:45 AM
Beat Calls [XelNya Revision] -
A lot better than before, very nice! Not as good as it could be though. The first drop is too easy now and there are also a few jacks that I personally think are too much, but I'm a noob player so Neon should make the call on that one.
I'll accept it, but strongly feel that you toned down the first drop (the gray region from 18.5 to 20 seconds) too much, and that it should be dumped on a bit harder to match the craziness that is the rest of the file. It would be great if you made a second revision addressing this.
Also, you have to go into the .sm file and fix the bpm flux manually. We'll fix it so don't worry about it, just be aware that it exists.

NeonSM
Im far from a master at this game myself, but yeah the 32nd jacks play tough for me, but they aren't totally out of control. I do though agree with what billium said about the beginning. I think I understand the white walls reference as well, but I'm not so sure everyone else will get it. Assuming that some players will not have played the file. Overall you just need to hit that sweet spot between not too easy and not too hard in the beginning. When you do this the file will be successful in my eyes. That being said, it is still pretty fun regardless, and I will accept it. Strongly urge you to take a look at the beginning again. Also, the mines played well this time :)

I will go and fix the first drop a bit. I think I'll leave the white walls pattern and add in some 16ths or something. We'll see. Glad to see the mine tone down was good. I was a bit worried I'd toned it too much.

NeonSM
08-3-2014, 11:17 AM
Awesome! I'm glad you are taking the initiative to go back into it XelNya.

(BilliumMoto) Nipp. Revision 1

Much more doable than before. I'm glad that you actually revised this, because it turned into one of my favs in the pack so far. It is just difficult enough for me to want to actually try for a good score. Mini jacks are super fun. You did mention to me that you were thinking about doing separate difficulties for this file, is that still a thing? Either way, Definitely accepting. Great job :-]

EDIT: JUST REALIZED THERE ARE 2. awesome :3.

(Skwid) You can get murked

I'm going to make the final call on this one, since Billium didn't have much to say about it.
Well, I think that some things could have been added to the file to create a little variation here. For example little things like at 29.669 when he says shut the fuck up in the bg, that could be a bit more interesting than the short 32nd roll. I like the jacks after the first section, but around 53.494 you add the 24th and 16th to accentuate the beat. Why didn't you continue doing that for every other (or every third bar I think it would be) bar? This would've added a little variation between the jack sections. Other than some creative fixes, the file is fun. It is entirely up to you if you want to take the advice I put down here. The file is definitely acceptable as is.

Skwid1
08-4-2014, 09:48 AM
(Skwid) You can get murked

I'm going to make the final call on this one, since Billium didn't have much to say about it.
Well, I think that some things could have been added to the file to create a little variation here. For example little things like at 29.669 when he says shut the fuck up in the bg, that could be a bit more interesting than the short 32nd roll. I like the jacks after the first section, but around 53.494 you add the 24th and 16th to accentuate the beat. Why didn't you continue doing that for every other (or every third bar I think it would be) bar? This would've added a little variation between the jack sections. Other than some creative fixes, the file is fun. It is entirely up to you if you want to take the advice I put down here. The file is definitely acceptable as is.

i'm probably going to make some small changes to all of my charts before pack is released, if that's ok. for this chart in particular, i need to add a lot of interesting bursts/transitions, but that's basically a first draft.

NeonSM
08-4-2014, 11:24 AM
i'm probably going to make some small changes to all of my charts before pack is released, if that's ok. for this chart in particular, i need to add a lot of interesting bursts/transitions, but that's basically a first draft.

That's totally fine. I'm planning on doing the same.

Wafles
08-7-2014, 10:38 AM
fyi for all my files that end up in this i will do my own graphics and upload final versions with bpm flux/graphics/fixes/changes/etc when pack is close to completed

NeonSM
08-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks Wafles. I'm not asking this of everyone, but it definitely helps us out a lot.

NeonSM

(Wafles) Keys to the Kingdom- We already talked about how much I enjoyed the file over skype. Nice streamy dump that is anything but boring. patterns are sweet and the polyrhythmic stuff at the end is really fun to play. (though you may want to experiment with the patterns a bit in the ending). All in all, I really loved playing through this. It will also make for some variety in the pack, as there is only really one short verse of rap in this song.

(MinaciousGrace) Eff Grandad- Probably one of my favorite files of yours. Jacks are just challenging enough to want to score well on the file. Love the stark differences between the 24ths and 32nds (in terms of streams and jacks). Colored notes are fitting as well as polys. Not much more to say on this. Just a well executed fun file.

NeonSM
08-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Gangster's Paradise [Ormix]

Billium-My biggest complaint is the repetitiveness of the song and the copy pasta of the file; you may want to consider sending in a cut of this song. Patterns are pretty good though, and it does make for a nice training file. I don't see many people playing this file more than once, but I'll take it.

NeonSM- copy pasta was a bit much for me as well; I would be cool with a cut for sure though. Patterns are fun to hit as Billium said. streams felt a little fast, but that's why they call it a dump I guess :p the hard part is definitely a huge difficulty spike but it was probably intentional to highlight the greatness of the chorus, so I won't harp on it too much. I accept as well.

Hopefully People keep on submitting! We only have about 4-5 step artists charting stuff soooo we need some more variety!

SKG_Scintill
02-20-2015, 03:14 PM
did he died?
or did i missed released?

rCaliberGX
02-20-2015, 03:25 PM
it got merged with Dump Parade and a lot of the files were cut iirc

Dinglesberry
06-28-2017, 10:11 AM
merged or not someone revive this pls

JOTATELLO
07-16-2017, 01:52 PM