PDA

View Full Version : Changing audio files in .sm text

rCaliberGX
08-1-2013, 02:13 PM
On a few files I made, I used .mp3 converted youtube rips for the audio, which worked perfectly fine. Recently, a friend of mine bought the original song on iTunes and sent me official album versions of the songs I was using.

When I went to go switch the audio files to the album versions, I kept the original album version names and put them in the song folder. I knew that the .sm file also contains the song name that it uses to make the audio work, so I changed the entry there to match the album version file name, with the correct extension.

I opened up SM (3.9) to check if it worked, but no audio plays when I select it in the game, and when I try to open it up in edit mode, it says that the song folder is missing an audio file and can't be opened.

Of course I tried on different versions (3.95, SM5, OpenITG lol) but they all had the same result. DDReam opens the .sm just fine, and the new .mp3 works. I knew that because I had to change the offset slightly on all of them.

Anyone know how to fix this (one of the songs was the one where I made an earlier thread about the steps going offsync and this fixed it so help would be naise)?

Oni-Paranoia
08-1-2013, 02:29 PM
Go to options and turn off fast load in your SM.

rCaliberGX
08-1-2013, 02:53 PM
Go to options and turn off fast load in your SM.

Thanks, that fixed it. I also noticed that with fast load on, I needed to launch SM as admin to get audio working, but I lost all personal records in doing so. Why is that?

Fission
08-1-2013, 02:53 PM
you don't need to turn off fast load; just reload all songs and courses

Oni-Paranoia
08-1-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks, that fixed it. I also noticed that with fast load on, I needed to launch SM as admin to get audio working, but I lost all personal records in doing so. Why is that?

No clue. Turn fast load on again and see what happens. You just needed it off so the SM wasn't loading from the cache which is your original issue.

you don't need to turn off fast load; just reload all songs and courses

This doesn't always work. Changing the fast load option always works.

Fission
08-1-2013, 03:09 PM
i have never had an issue reloading all songs and courses, but i'll take your word for it

Oni-Paranoia
08-1-2013, 03:15 PM
I've had issues in 3.95, 5 and OpenITG. I don't know if that's relative to the theme or the possibility of some other option, as I use to break SM versions quite often.

TC_Halogen
08-1-2013, 03:32 PM
Reloading songs and courses updates by what's on disk, so it should work 100% of the time.