PDA

View Full Version : A Perfect Example of How Not to Design A Laptop Interior.

Bluearrowll
07-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Let's say for whatever reason you wanted to take out your hard drive and repair it, or swap it with a new one. You have a Dell Inspiron n5110. Seems simple enough, your past laptop was a Dell Latitude E6410. The hard drive came out on that machine with 2 screws and a simple pull of a lever. Nothing else on the machine had to be taken out (except maybe a battery, but you can also take out the hard drive without doing this). I even included a video of the Latitude model in the spoiler.

8l8cy4-i0QE

In my case, I'm not concerned about the hard drive, but rather the internal fan because I want to dust it off. I did suspect it'd be a pain in the ass, but who in their right mind would specifically require you to take out the entire insides of the laptop just to get to the hard drive? The video below shows a rather amusing first timer on this particular model reacting to what should have been a simple swap hard drive task.

hLlWZBiTK44

On a side note, who knows of a specific laptop that's well designed on the inside?

RNGRX
07-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Susan knows a well designed laptop.

Izzy
07-24-2013, 07:08 PM
That looks like shit. I just looked inside my HP laptop and it was directly on the backplate. Zero screws needed to be undone, just the pull of a lever. The shock dampening foam is a nice touch. My netbook was also this way.

It's an HP pavilion dv6.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58437091/Photos/20130724_190553.jpg