PDA

View Full Version : New Songs: October 6th, 2011

jimerax
10-6-2011, 01:34 AM
Now 4 songs of the week are released.
3 regular songs and 1 veteran's song this time, as usual.

Beware the Purple Water [Veteran's song, will be public 2 weeks later]
Musician: WillRock07
Step Artist: TC_Halogen
Song Genre: Arcade
Difficulty: 11
Song Length: 3:24

Doomsday
Musician: Red Blank
Step Artist: bmah
Song Genre: Rock
Difficulty: 8
Song Length: 2:50

Rast Kissing
Musician: KV
Step Artist: Silvuh
Song Genre: Dance 2
Difficulty: 9
Song Length: 1:47

Sunless Daybreak
Musician: DJ WongTong
Step Artist: psychoangel691
Song Genre: Dance
Difficulty: 5
Song Length: 2:26

Also, World Revolution will be released to public today.

Have fun!

BethanyBangs
10-6-2011, 01:35 AM
YAY I got the first aaa on Sunless Daybreak, good file. Off to play the others.

TC_Halogen
10-6-2011, 01:36 AM
(in before runningmen/synthesized solo rage on my file)

Kayla's file came out at the same time as mine. That's kinda neat. :D

woker-X
10-6-2011, 01:38 AM
is it the same chart as the one used for the DF tourney?? x.x

Emithith
10-6-2011, 01:40 AM
yey birfday songs.
Finally an 11 that gets to be a vet song. Feels like it's been too long.

bmah
10-6-2011, 01:44 AM
yey birfday songs.
Finally an 11 that gets to be a vet song. Feels like it's been too long.

Papyrus's Adventure...? lol

p.s. Thanks jimerax for Doomsday.

TC_Halogen
10-6-2011, 01:45 AM
is it the same chart as the one used for the DF tourney?? x.x

Yes it is. Crossposted from the FFR scores thread:
They're the same exact chart. When I was getting ready to up and leave the community a little while ago, I decided to use Beware + one other chart for the tournament, not really caring what happened here. Now I feel semi-bad. At least JX did the right thing by letting it out really quickly.

One of D4's finals is an unreleased chart that I planned on submitted for the Hard Songs batch, but ended up pulling that into the tournament as well.

woker-X
10-6-2011, 01:47 AM
that runningmen is hard as ****... but it's a great and fun file :3

smartdude1212
10-6-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm so glad there are polyrhythms in those runningmen.

It separates the men from the boys. :twisted:

remedy1502
10-6-2011, 02:01 AM
That was fun. 4 sightread. I'll AAA tomorrow probably. But then again, I'l just choke and block and no AAA for months lmfao

bmah
10-6-2011, 02:03 AM
That was fun. 4 sightread. I'll AAA tomorrow probably. But then again, I'l just choke and block and no AAA for months lmfao

this.

smartdude1212
10-6-2011, 02:05 AM
8th stream is my mortal nemesis.

remedy1502
10-6-2011, 02:24 AM
Just got 5 but AAA'd the runningmen oops

Emithith
10-6-2011, 02:25 AM
kinda not what I expected, borderline FGO, imo, but maybe that's just me.
I just don't think I remember FMOs getting that hard other than like... oh, nothing?

remedy1502
10-6-2011, 02:32 AM
kinda not what I expected, borderline FGO, imo, but maybe that's just me.
I just don't think I remember FMOs getting that hard other than like... oh, nothing?

Song is definitely easier than Rad Rat which is an FMO. The thing is it's not hard at all if you have the speed. It's quite straight forward even with the polyrhythm in the runningman. I don't think it's quite FGO material.

Emithith
10-6-2011, 02:33 AM
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting Radical Rat is an FMO.
Sheesh.
Okay maybe it is an FMO after all. But it IS getting close to that boundary. Eh? :P

DarknessXoXLight
10-6-2011, 03:27 AM
Does Doomsday have horrible frame rate for anybody else or is that just me? Cause the other songs play fine but Doomsday was just ridiculous. (not insulting file btw lol, trying to figure out if my computer is a derp)

The songs were great too~

hi19hi19
10-6-2011, 04:05 AM
I either miss on the running men, or get them and miss on the 32nd stream like an idiot. (even though that stream has awesome patterns)

Agh, annoying file, I can't win either way >_<

Ziergdsx18
10-6-2011, 05:54 AM
Oh? New releases.

kmay
10-6-2011, 06:27 AM
oh noooooooooooooo more songs to play -_-

iironiic
10-6-2011, 07:25 AM
I'll give these a shot when I'm at home from college.

megamon88
10-6-2011, 11:25 AM
Trololololol DJ WongTong. Should I get that changed to megamon88 for ffr purposes?

SocoNhydro420
10-6-2011, 11:27 AM
Yay new songs, cant wait to play them when i get home

stavie33
10-8-2011, 12:00 AM
Don't Touch the Muddy Water should definitely be FGO. I shouldn't have to explain why. I see no single part in any other FMO that's even comparable to those runningmen.

psychoangel691
10-8-2011, 12:07 AM
Dude I can hit those runningmen lol

I do however, think that Sunless Daybreak should be a 6.

TC_Halogen
10-8-2011, 12:08 AM
uh yeah BTPW is nowhere near FGO, sorry - about as solid of an 11 as you can get

Ziergdsx18
10-8-2011, 12:09 AM
Owned.

Plan_Bsk81127
10-8-2011, 12:11 AM
lol, its definitely a FMO

TC_Halogen
10-8-2011, 12:14 AM
Also - you're definitely overthinking the runningman difficulty - it's nowhere near as fast as what you're thinking if you consider it an FGO; calculate it out - it's 200.5 BPM. Yeah.

stavie33
10-8-2011, 12:18 AM
Maybe I just suck at that part more than any other FMO by a gigantic exponential margin (I'm pretty good at runningmen too, but I pull around 18-20 goods in that one section, the rest of the song I AAA also, I've never seen that on any FMO).

Even at 200.5 BPM, they're triplets, name one part in an FMO song that is remotely as difficult (And don't say the 13 jack in anti-ares, it's one jack that nets you 2-3 goods if you **** up)

igotrhythm
10-8-2011, 12:19 AM
Bitch please. The runningmen are hard, but they aren't that hard. I can clean SDG that section (I suspect it's the polyrhythms) when I'm warmed up.

Go play Hellbeat from Archowl/Darkmage Hammer of Thor UHMP. That's got 400 bpm 8th runningmen in it, so basically the exact same thing. Then tell me it's FGO material. As for the 32nds, they're in line with Dance and Zeal or Clockwork.

TC_Halogen
10-8-2011, 12:24 AM
Even at 200.5 BPM, they're triplets, name one part in an FMO song that is remotely as difficult (And don't say the 13 jack in anti-ares, it's one jack that nets you 2-3 goods if you **** up)

left-handed off-sync trill in Flight of the Bumblebee
huge roll wall in Skeletor
huge cluster**** at the end of Radical Rat
jack + jump combination in Piano Etude (Gymnastics)
Distorted God (hey, it's 24ths in here too, but layered and even faster!)

Be realistic here, Stavie. This is not an FGO, not even borderline FGO -- it shouldn't be an FGO, wasn't intended to be FGO, and won't be changed to FGO.

Ziergdsx18
10-8-2011, 12:32 AM
inb4 a few days l8r he AAA's

lol

p.s funny how i was reading something slightly related to this in another forum just before this, rofl.

TC_Halogen
10-8-2011, 12:36 AM
ANYWAY, relevant contribution, because I did happen to play all of the files.

Beware the Purple Water: I personally find this to be one of my favorite files, and definitely one of the most accurately charted ones (although, I realized that I outright missed a triple on a cymbal crash! D:)

Sunless Daybreak: very active for a 5 (possibly a 6) -- constantly moving, which makes it that much easier to get through as an easy chart. Song is catchy too.

Rast Kissing: very nice song, takes a little while to get to the difficulty.

Doomsday: told bmah outright, I absolutely hate the song and it plays painfully slow. The song is stepped well, but sitting through that is torturous. I actually boo-flagged it on my sightread run, and I didn't even see where -- I was beyond infuriated. :evil:

stavie33
10-8-2011, 01:44 AM
left-handed off-sync trill in Flight of the Bumblebee is just a trill, can be indexed well with no polyrhythms
huge roll wall in Skeletor consistant speed, can be jumptrilled, if jumped right, not particularly fast or draining, just requires accuracy
huge cluster**** at the end of Radical Rat very short and the jumpstream, though brutal, lasts for a very, very small amount of time and goes in one direction with all 24ths
jack + jump combination in Piano Etude (Gymnastics) approx. 160BPM mini jacks for 4 seconds are hard? With the jumps a little bit but once figured out is very quick, takes no stamina and is quite straightforward
Distorted God (hey, it's 24ths in here too, but layered and even faster!) and purely 24ths in roll patterns, ROLL PATTERNS, I'm not jamming one note endlessly while doing a one handed manuever
None of these are one handed (except FotBB which I index) and one handed anythings are infinitely harder than roll/varied patterns, at least for me

Be realistic here, Stavie. This is not an FGO, not even borderline FGO -- it shouldn't be an FGO, wasn't intended to be FGO, and won't be changed to FGO.

All of those pattern-wise are infinitely more straightforward or less stamina draining/demanding. Maybe I'm just not warmed up though, I pretty much played the new songs, BF'd the Bmah rock file, got frustrated, played Water 4 times, said **** it and quit. Then again, I haven't been playing well all week, I've been screwing up really easy files so maybe I'll get it later but as of today, it felt insanely fast and very demanding/draining/hard to PA, nearly impossible actually. I played 12 Bar and the jacks and 32nds were easier. But maybe I just wasn't warmed up, I'll have a good day of playing and see if either a. everyone is just so much better and faster than me, which score wise, doesn't add up or b. the file is actually THAT hard or c. I just didn't warm up enough and am having an off week.

Zon Fire
10-8-2011, 03:05 PM
Chill out stavie

After all, AJ is the one who made the chart...

hi19hi19
10-8-2011, 03:17 PM
The runningmen are not hard enough to make this an FGO.

leonid
10-8-2011, 03:37 PM
stavie if most people agree that a song is FMO, then it's FMO

remedy1502
10-8-2011, 04:04 PM
Maybe I just suck at that part more than any other FMO by a gigantic exponential margin

ffr can't difficulty spike.
But then again, that's also why TTE is rated a 12 instead of an 11

http://i.imgur.com/cZM56.jpg

hi19hi19
10-8-2011, 04:17 PM
ffr can't difficulty spike.
But then again, that's also why TTE is rated a 12 instead of an 11

Really hoping you're not trying to compare the burst difficulty of this file to TTE...
200 bpm runningmen vs 9001bpm* 48th rolls alongside jumptrills and jacks and other shit HMMM

*no idea what TTE's bpm is but it's clearly pretty high

Zon Fire
10-8-2011, 04:19 PM
HMMMM

remedy1502
10-8-2011, 04:22 PM
Really hoping you're not trying to compare the burst difficulty of this file to TTE...
200 bpm runningmen vs 9001bpm* 48th rolls alongside jumptrills and jacks and other shit HMMM

oh no not at all lmfao
I'm just saying that since FFR can't difficulty spike stuff gets rated higher than it should be. Which is what stavie is saying we should do with BTPW

I think TTE's bpm is about 200 or something. Which means the 48ths (24th jumptrill) in TTE and 24th runningmen in BTPW are pretty much the same speed. TTE isn't THAT fast. It only has 2 "hard" parts. The rest is easy as hell. BTPW is harder imo~

edit: WAIT I can't think properly. nvm not same speed lmfao
still think BTPW is harder though :>

qqwref
10-8-2011, 04:35 PM
I find it laughable that even one of the least objective difficulty raters on FFR could possibly consider BtPW to be FGO. If you have more trouble on this than on other FMOs, well, I guess we finally found the pattern you need to work on!

It's a great chart, though, gotta say. A few parts are trickier to hit than they need to be, but it's fun and the song is awesome.

bmah
10-8-2011, 05:14 PM

talk about overestimating

TTE is 185bpm :)

hi19hi19
10-8-2011, 05:20 PM
talk about overestimating

TTE is 185bpm :)

Way faster than Beware the purple water ;)

leonid
10-8-2011, 05:22 PM
to be fair TTE was gay to PA :(

Ziergdsx18
10-8-2011, 05:26 PM
lol this thread

AlexDest
10-8-2011, 05:46 PM
All of those pattern-wise are infinitely more straightforward or less stamina draining/demanding. Maybe I'm just not warmed up though, I pretty much played the new songs, BF'd the Bmah rock file, got frustrated, played Water 4 times, said **** it and quit. Then again, I haven't been playing well all week, I've been screwing up really easy files so maybe I'll get it later but as of today, it felt insanely fast and very demanding/draining/hard to PA, nearly impossible actually. I played 12 Bar and the jacks and 32nds were easier. But maybe I just wasn't warmed up, I'll have a good day of playing and see if either a. everyone is just so much better and faster than me, which score wise, doesn't add up or b. the file is actually THAT hard or c. I just didn't warm up enough and am having an off week.

gwRFRS3e5ws

i'll play these soon and give my reviews of it

xXAll-ProXx
10-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I didn't read all these walls of texts but what I do know is that even if you're right it's not worth wasting all your time proving yourself. No one can actually be absolutely certain about a song's difficulty, this is mainly why FFR's current difficulty rating is flawed (imo at least), there is way too many borderline songs. Which is why I stopped giving a **** about borderline songs being played in the wrong place and just played them for the fun of it.

I mean I think FFR is a complete waste of time. Just like right now, I'm wasiting my time when I have a biology test in 10 hours, but I needed a break so w/e.
EDIT:
Everything got deleted O.o kinda feel bad for stavie writing all that shit and having it deleted :/
so i guess this'll be deleted as well

leonid
10-17-2011, 01:56 AM
owned

stavie33
10-17-2011, 02:09 AM
I didn't read all these walls of texts but what I do know is that even if you're right it's not worth wasting all your time proving yourself. No one can actually be absolutely certain about a song's difficulty, this is mainly why FFR's current difficulty rating is flawed (imo at least), there is way too many borderline songs. Which is why I stopped giving a **** about borderline songs being played in the wrong place and just played them for the fun of it.

I mean I think FFR is a complete waste of time. Just like right now, I'm wasiting my time when I have a biology test in 10 hours, but I needed a break so w/e.
EDIT:
Everything got deleted O.o kinda feel bad for stavie writing all that shit and having it deleted :/
so i guess this'll be deleted as well

No need to be upset. I tried to prove a point and fill out a template, I believe I did just that and I'm satisfied and done for the night. Velocities response says it all. I probably won't post walls of text or add drama for a looooooooooong time unless it's really a necessary issue. Also, I type quickly, and a lot quite a lot. It's 3:00am, my homework's done, and everyone's asleep, what else was there to do that would have been so engaging? Anywho, this is an old thread and I guess there is no point in posting in it since we all agreed the songs that week were dope and Water is a fun file regardless of difficulty, even if I think the runningmen are hard, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the file.

EDIT: But Doomsday was a really slow, kinda annoying file, sorry bmah, I love your steps, and that's how the song is, but won't be playing it again

hi19hi19
10-17-2011, 02:24 AM
we all agreed the songs that week were dope and Water is a fun file regardless of difficulty, even if I think the runningmen are hard, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the file.
Ya this.

In the end everyone figures out how hard the file is for them personally after one or two playthroughs. The number is just a guideline in the first place, it was never meant to conclusively say one file is more difficult than another... everyone experiences them differently.

Ziergdsx18
10-17-2011, 02:42 AM
nice ownage