PDA

View Full Version : FFR User location map. Is it gone?

DotKritic
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
It was a worldwide map of specifically where users are located. I want to see if I can make something similar (not exact) for a another website.

Netjet!
09-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I'll ask the admins and see if we can get another one up. But as far as I know, the other one is gone.

bmah
09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
It was more like the FFR USA location map. If I recall, viewers outside of the states couldn't view the map; all they've got was a blank screen. Talk about unintended patriotism.

If you can get another one up, make sure it is indeed worldwide. As the OP said, maybe use another website then.

DotKritic
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
As the OP said, maybe use another website then.That line was meant to say "I'd like to use something similar, but not exact, for a website I visit often."

Netjet!
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Velocity said it was coded and managed horribly, as well as the whole US-only bug. I'd suggest googling interactive user maps or something, because the one we had just wouldn't cut it.

Elite Ninja
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
From what I remember from it was that it never worked for me everrrrrr, and yes I live in the United States.

DotKritic
09-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Found this: http://www.zeemaps.com/

igotrhythm
09-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Bmah was right about the unfortunate implications of the host we used for the original. If you can put this up in the suggestions forum, they might tack it on at the bottom of the queue in the process of building this new BlackWebb.

Tangential: How's your pursuit of a massage therapy career going, Dot?