PDA

View Full Version : New Drum&Bass Track!

silentoath
06-8-2011, 08:33 PM
Very excited to release this track for you guys, we've been holding back a lot of our tracks lately but I really wana pump this one out.. Under all of the dubstep we are both HUGE Drum&Bass fans, so it was unimaginably fun making this track. Free Download in the description. Enjoy :)

http://soundcloud.com/dr-ozi/an-apple-a-day-dr-ozi

flashpantss
06-8-2011, 08:37 PM
Damn, This is nice. A tad bit repeated, but most songs are.

10/10

silentoath
06-8-2011, 08:41 PM
Haha thanks man, & yeah we really wanted to make a track that had the DnB stretch out a bit for live shows. But it doesn't reloop on the second drop, so I cant really say its repeated too much.

flashpantss
06-8-2011, 08:44 PM
Haha thanks man, & yeah we really wanted to make a track that had the DnB stretch out a bit for live shows. But it doesn't reloop on the second drop, so I cant really say its repeated too much.

Yeah, I was mentioning the first half, was repeated. but the second drop on ward is awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Mans0n
06-8-2011, 10:53 PM
This DnB track is hard, congrats on this.

midnghtraver
06-9-2011, 05:01 PM
I love this.

The only thing is, maybe go back and make your kicks land one 1 and 3 instead of

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and

I think it would fit your bass pattern better.

Also there is some distortion going on at 2:11

I'm not too sure if I like the "toro" chord progression now that I think about it, but it fits with the rest of the song.

SpookG
06-9-2011, 06:08 PM
The only criticism I have, because I understand the Spor style that you are kicking into, unbeknownst or not..it's all good. It actually reminds me more of Diode than Spor and his crew.

But of you were going to twist my arm for a critcism, it would be cool to have one of those metropolis beehive drone chord synths in the back to fill some of the space and add more ambiance.

The one in the breakdown is all right..it's a bit too airy and not heavy enough.

Without considering that, it's still solid.